• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Finally! Nice reply Hale! Do you mind if I expand upon Hale’s dark secret in my next post? Because Alice is mad at him.

Hale Loneshadow

Go for it! Long as it's not all revealed, but I trust you to keep it within the realm of what Alice would be aware of and, even being mad at Hale, be willing to reveal!

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Only what Alice and friends could see, plus what she could gather in her book. Hale’s true motives are of course, yours!

Telleroftales

Got my reply up! Also @Telleroftales since this is your show, feel free to chime in anytime about the general direction you feel you'd like to take the overall plot in. Or we can wing it! I'm always down for wingin' it, especially early game.
    Oh, I have plan. I'm just letting everyone get into the "get to know your companions" phase, before I introduce the mind-breaking horror.

TheArgonianDrell

Hello, everyone. Heard you could use another writer or two? I've got a couple of characters ready to go if you'll have me.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Post is up! Hope I gave you a good hook Hale! And hey Drell! Great to see you again!

TheArgonianDrell

TheArgonianDrell

General Information
    Name: Sothas Abrium

Age- 37

Sex- Male

Race- Argonian

Class- Bulwark/Warrior

Sexuality- Heterosexual

Marital Status- Single

Laterality- Ambidextrous

Afflictions- None

Religion- Eight Divines

Appearance- Fitting with his name, most of Sothas' scales are a dark grey, with the exception of those on the underside of his jaw, throat and lower torso. A pair of long, six inch horns curve backwards from the back of his skull. Inch long bone growths line either side of his jaw, lending him a rather draconic appearance. His turqoise eyes and slit pupil stand out against the dark scale of his head, and make them and obvious target. A long, jagged scar stretches from the corner of his right eye to the base of his jaw.

Due to the extreme endurance required to move and fight with his gear, Sothas is very muscled, though as mentioned, not very agile. He is just over two metres tall, (6' 1"), making him even more intimidating, even out of his armour. Out of armour, he weighs just shy of 200 lbs. Burn scars mark his right arm, from the elbow up to the shoulder. His tail has acquired several small scars over the course of his career.

Gear

Armor- Sothas dons heavy plate to wade into battle. It is slightly darker than your average steel plate, with noticable reinforcement to the torso and shoulder area. At the arms and legs, he is covered with chainmail, and underneath, thin leather to absorb and dissipate blows. Only his head and tail are exposed, which he uses his shield to protect during battle. With all this heavy plate and mail, it is understandable that Sothas is more of a stationary fighter, and moves slower than most of his companions. He's conditioned himself to be able to maintain a good pace when on the march, but most enemies will see him as a tempting target for ranged weaponry.

His shield, though not armour in the sense that he wears it, is an important part of his gear. A concave construction, with a thin layer of steel on the outside, covering sturdy wooden planks, with a layer of leather on the inside. A pair of horizontal grips, centered on the interior of the shield, and several inches apart, allow him to lift and wield it in combat. An iron boss is centered, allowing for punching actions. A thick leather strap allows him to carry it across his back when not in combat.

Weapons- Sothas wields a hand and a half sword, that brings to mind images of a cleaver, rather than an actual combat blade. It curves very slightly, with a flared tip, perfect for hewing through flesh and sinew. It is on this side of the weapon that has the edge. The material is a hybrid between steel and orichalcum, making the blade surprisingly durable. The large argonian is strong enough to wield the weapon one handed, freeing up his other hand to wield his tower shield.

Known Spells- None.

Misc. gear (clothing/jewellery/etc.) He carries rations and a couple of healing potions in a small satchel at his belt.

Personality- If one were to judge Sothas by just his appearance, they would assume him to be a vicious, careless killer. This could not be further from the truth. Though he enjoys a good fight, he also cares deeply about others, and will throw himself into danger for his companions or innocents. He believes in upholding the law, so long as the law doesn't oppress the people. He is eager to engage others in conversation, whether it be about battle tactics or simply idle talk.

Likes- Helping others, seeing justice done, making friends, defending the weak.

Dislikes-Tyrants, racists, murderers.

Combat Preference- Sothas is best described as a glacier in combat. Strong and slow. Everything about his fighting style emphasizes pure power, at the cost of speed and maneuverability. When battle is joined, he brings up his shield, allowing it to absorb blows, while hacking and slashing at the enemy with his sword. From the front, he is all but immune to arrow fire. However, he is vulnerable to being outmaneuvered by fast opponents, and a group working together can easily surround and defeat him. When facing the enemy, especially in a confined space, his victory is all but assured.

If, he should by choice or coincidence lose his shield, or be unable to use it, he switches to a savage, two handed fighting style. Almost every blow will be an overhand chop, allowing him to crush through weaker enemy defences. He incorporates his tail as well, throwing spinning slashes into his attacks, whacking enemies and throwing them off balance, before delivering death with his blade. He can fight in hand to hand combat, and is strong enough to do some serious damage, but he prefers his weapon and will, obviously, use it the sword, rather than his fists.

Background- As his name would suggest, Sothas was not born in Black Marsh. He was raised by a blacksmith and his wife in the Cyrodiilic city of Leyawiin. When he was old enough, his adoptive father took Sothas as an apprentice blacksmith, teaching him how to forge and repair arms and armour, as well as more mundane objects. A few years later, both of the argonians' parents' came down with a persistent sickness. With Sothas unable to help, both passed away. With no reason to stay, he closed the family smithy, and left the city behind.

Without much purpose, Sothas wandered from city to city, offering his smithing services to those that could pay. Eventually, he joined up with the fighters' guild, who accepted such a capable smith with open arms. For several years, Sothas took jobs for the guild, and in that time, he developed his unique fighting style. The argonian left the guild after a spectacularly botched job saw nearly a dozen innocents massacred. This was also when he acquired the burn scars on his arm, trying to save those he could.

Once again, he became a wanderer, offering both his smithing and fighting skills. It was during a job to clear out a bandit den that he met his friend and companion, the dunmer woman Aylira Taliir. He saved her life, at the expense of a vicious wound that nearly blinded him. The two became fast friends after that time.

Dialogue color(s)-Purple

General Information
    Name:Aylira Taliir

Age-29

Sex-Female

Race- Dunmer

Class- Assassin

Sexuality-Bisexual

Marital Status-Single

Laterality-Ambidextrous

Afflictions- None

Religion- Eight Divines

Appearance- A slender woman, with moderate curves, but obviously well muscled. Her hair is long and black, drawn into a ponytail. She is about average height for a dunmer, (5'6"), and weighs just over a hundred pounds, soaking wet. She's collected several scars over the years, but they only serve to lend a harsh beauty to her features.
    Gear

Armor- Aylira wears a mishmash of leather and steel. Though mostly made of leather, allowing swift and silent movement, for the most part, the dunmer rogues' shoulders, and forearms are covered by steel armour. The armour protecting her torso is reinforced with steel, but it's predominantly leather. Her boots are soft soled, allowing for stealthy movement, even on hard surfaces.

Weapons-A dozen throwing knives, stored in a bandolier that crosses from her right shoulder to her left hip. For close combat, she wields a short bladed sickle sword, and a long, curving dagger.

images-jpg.53791

download-jpg.53781

Known Spells-None

Misc. gear (clothing/jewellery/etc.)- Whetstones, potions of healing in a belt pouch, and several poison vials in an opposite pouch.

Personality- A sarcastic, introverted woman, Aylira is not looking to make friends. She'll happily betray those she works with if she thinks it will get her and those close to her closer to their goal. She believes strongly in paying back debts, though, and if she gives her word, she'll stick to it. Whether she honours it without complaining is something else.

Likes- Gold. Sothas. Annoying others.

Dislikes-Lawmen, strict rules, deep bodies of water.

Combat Preference-Aylira prefers to commence her attack from the shadows, with ranged attacks. She is a skilled archer, but her real skill lays in the use of her sickle bladed khopesh, which she took off a redguard bandit leader early in her career. Where Sothas is a stationary, powerful fighter, who relies on his reach, shield and armour to stay alive, Aylira is the opposite.

She is in constant movement, opening an artery or slashing a muscle before moving on. When forced to stand and fight, she uses her two blades in tandem, opening up the opponents guard with one blade, and finishing them off with the other. However, Aylira is best suited to fight on the edges of an engagement, picking off archers, mages, and harrying reinforcements, while the more heavily armed folks draw their attention.

Background- Born to a simple family in Skyrim, Aylira spent most of her early days on her own. She resented the nords lording it over her people, and often dreamt of leaving Skyrim far behind. As she grew older, she actively began pursuing that goal. Thieving from wealthy nord families and storing the money away for her eventual departure. For over a year she did this, never being caught or suspected. The one first time she was caught, was also the first time she took a life.

Rather than feelings of guilt or horror at her actions, she found she enjoyed it. When the civil war broke out, she offered her services as a freelance assassin to the empire. With each kill, she grew in experience, revising her techniques until she could complete an assignment without anyone noticing she'd been there, the only evidence being the cooling body she left behind.

Between assassinating rebels, the empire began hiring her to go after the leaders of the more troublesome bandit groups. Though she enjoyed success for quite some time, it wasn't long before a small group of wiser bandits got together, and set up a trap. A contract was placed on one of the group, and the others lay in wait. When Aylira arrived to carry out the killing, she was ambushed and overwhelmed. If not for Sothas' timely intervention, she would have met her end at their hands. Since that day, she has traveled at Sothas' side, determined to repay him for saving her life.

Dialogue color(s)-This turqoise-ish

Hale Loneshadow

General Information
    Name: Sothas Abrium
    "Wait, I know you!"

Good to see you back! We've never RP'd together back in the day as far as I can recall, but I've certainly seen your work on other campaigns back then. Glad to have you with us :)

Hale Loneshadow

Post is up! Hope I gave you a good hook Hale! And hey Drell! Great to see you again!
    You certainly did @Simus ! Glad to see Alice ain't taking Hale's plops lol. If there was one thing I'd ask (and woe be it for me to RP the story for anyone! promise I'm trying not to do that), maybe just extend the two years some. Maybe to four or five, A) because that may fit the setting of this story better and B) it would give Hale a better backstory of fading away/blending in to the general populace after his PSTD-induced cowardice ;)

Either way, I love how Alice is playing into Hale's past. I forsee much content in this regard haha

Last edited:

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    No problem! I’ll change it to four. I guessed it was about six years since the Stormcloak Rebellion. Maybe eight. That gives Alice more time to have written her book anyway!

Hale Loneshadow

No problem! I’ll change it to four. I guessed it was about six years since the Stormcloak Rebellion. Maybe eight. That gives Alice more time to have written her book anyway!
    Sweet! I really don't mean to a stickler since we're kinda winging the timeline a little bit, but I appreciate it all the same buddy. I love that Alice straight up called Hale on all of that hahah it gives me a lot of creative room for Hale's recent (and past) history :D

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Oh yeah. This isn’t 18 year old sweet Wonderland Alice. This is 24 year old tough as nails dress you down in public Alice that doesn’t give a damn.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts