Improvements on the Dark Brotherhood

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Did you like the Dark Brotherhood?

• I LOVED it!

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I really liked it.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I liked it, but not that much.

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • I'm indifferent.

• I didn't like it.

• I HATED it.

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Iveri Sarothil

This. So much this.

I felt like I was just lead through the quests. No choices were made, just do what you're told and everything'll be good. Want a cookie, good boy/girl? How about a scratch behind the ear? That's nice, now go do ___ for me.

Also, Bards College. How hard would it have been to make a musical shout? Learn three words throughout your time there that do something like charm people/raise your bartering abilities. Sure, you can't play an instrument, but you'd get SOMETHING for your efforts, instead of just empty, unfulfilled wanting to be a bard.

What if you could be a bard in Skyrim? Or at the very least, make it so that you could play an instrument if you had it in your inventory, and play for an audience. Speech skill would determine how well people respond to your songs and how much of a crowd/dancers you drew.

Also, I agree with the more important people needing to be killed. Now, in a world like Skyrim, you can't tell me that people aren't putting out contracts for various Jarls and whatnot. There's no way someone wouldn't have put a contract on Jarl Skald by now. What I noticed is that, in order of important people, the kills for the DB go from somewhat important to....uh...Emperor.

Well, that escalated quickly.

If they want people to fear them, they need to kill more influential folks. That quest where you have to kill the guy's son? That's a good target. The random beggars, shopkeepers, and one dude's bossy wife? Nobody cares, nobody notices. Bethesda, you've got a good idea going here. Let children be killable (sorry, guys, but let's be realistic here) and go after a Jarl's child. Kill someone loved in the community. Anybody as long as they're important in some way.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
What if you could be a bard in Skyrim? Or at the very least, make it so that you could play an instrument if you had it in your inventory, and play for an audience. Speech skill would determine how well people respond to your songs and how much of a crowd/dancers you drew.

Would never happen. Bethesda is too busy writing dialogue to piss of the Dragonborn.

Iveri Sarothil

Would never happen. Bethesda is too busy writing dialogue to piss of the Dragonborn.

True, true. It would also require giving the Dragonborn a singing voice. Hrm....
Eeugh. I've been spoiled by Bioshock Infinite, haha. I swear they thought of damn near everything.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
True, true. It would also require giving the Dragonborn a singing voice. Hrm....
Eeugh. I've been spoiled by Bioshock Infinite, haha. I swear they thought of damn near everything.

It's not like we're asking for a whole 30 GBS of songs. Maybe 5 songs with 10 different voices. If they have the time make half of Skyrim hate you, I'm sure it wouldn't be such a hard thing.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
You don't even get any bounty for doing it, do you? Because they can't trace the apples back to you. I can't remember if you get bounty or not for it.

Nope, poisoned apples were free murder baby! I love those things so much. Just funny as hell to put them down in a crowded guard quarters and then watch the shifts change and guards start dropping left and right.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Nope, poisoned apples were free murder baby! I love those things so much. Just funny as hell to put them down in a crowded guard quarters and then watch the shifts change and guards start dropping left and right.
O.K. Now I HAVE to do this

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I think the Dark Brotherhood quest line was fine. What needed more work was the decision to turn the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary over to The Empire.

It should have involved more than just a bag of gold and then tagging along while the Imperials burn the sanctuary.

Hey. Ho. Hey. Spoilers down here.

In the Dark Brotherhood story-line, when Astrid betrays you, the sanctuary burns and the survivors flee to the Dawn Star Sanctuary. The "betrayal" story line should have followed that same plot, only this time the betrayer is the Dovahkiin, not Astrid (because she's dead).

You approach the Empire with Astrid's note and the location of the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary. The Penitus Oculatus has you infiltrate the group. With Astrid dead, the old magus Festus is leader of the Sanctuary.

You go on your missions...but instead of assassinating your targets, you have them taken into imperial custody and fake their deaths. After every "job" you report to your imperial handler at Dragonbridge and get your reward for being a dirty rat-face snitch. Then you learn of the plan to attack The Emperor..It's time to spring trap!

You tell Festus that you know of a way to assassinate The Emperor, but it will require the specialized skills of all the Dark Brotherhood members working together. It takes some convincing, but eventually they agree And you lead them all into a trap in Solitude, where they die cursing your name.

Babett and the Redguard escape and flee to Dawn Star. You get a small series of quests to find the sanctuary and learn the password, then you root them out and destroy them utterly. Ending The Dark Brotherhood forever.

You're rewarded with Penitus Oculatus agent armor. A Black and silver Penitus Oculatus Light armor set and a cloth set with similar stat bonuses to the Dark Brotherhood gear.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts