• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elgorym

Skillful Bosmer Hunter seeking Adventure
I know there are already a couple of same/similar threads, but I think a fresh one that isn't asking "Which I should join" would be nice. So, which side do you like better or has a better point? Imperials, or Stormcloaks?
In my opinion, the Imperials have more reasoning. The Stormcloaks are merely wasting the Empire's resources that they could be saving to strike back against the Thalmor. The Thalmor are the reason Talos outlaw is worshipped in the first place, so the Empire really can't do much about it, and fighting against the Empire does even less help. I could go on for a while, but what do you say about it?

El Fonz0

~Do you realize what you've done? It is the unspoken rule that none shall post an Imperial vs Stormcloak thread, or else it will explode into hell~

Elgorym

(Vanishes into Oblivion) "I am Hermaeus Mora, and you've been sent here for posting an Imperial vs. Stormcloak thread. Now, I will destroy you." :eek: "Oh noes!"

Kory Stukenborg

Proud Member of the Mercer County Facial Hair Club
Stormcloaks. Even though the Stormcloaks aren't true Nords as they say, I've always sorta liked the rebellion side better. Like in the Revelutionary War, we (americans) lashed out against the French and won. The Stormcloaks have heart and spirit is what I say.

Mookie

Stormcloaks. Even though the Stormcloaks aren't true Nords as they say, I've always sorta liked the rebellion side better. Like in the Revelutionary War, we (americans) lashed out against the French and won. The Stormcloaks have heart and spirit is what I say.

Follow your heart of follow your brain. That is what the discusion is about.

Riften Guard

Bad Thief
Your asking me to pick between the men in the skirts and the men in the skirts. But as far as I'm concerned, imperials all the way.

Elgorym

We "lashed out" against the British you know, right? o_O

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
I think the civil war is a joke. It is clearly evident to both sides, if you interact with both, that they know the real threat is the Aldmeri Dominion. If you nitwits know that, then stop fighting each other and fight them! They clearly are looking down at the civil war and cracking up, seeing their enemies fight their enemies so they can swoop down and destroy the victor. If there was an option to unite both sides against the Dominion, then I would choose that side.

The Empire alone cannot defeat the Dominion - that has already been proven. But if Tamriel bands together against them... then it would be game over.

But, if I were to choose Imperials or Stormcloaks, I would go with Stormcloaks. Skyrim is truly their land, and they should have the right to govern it and rule it how they please. The Empire's land is Cyrodiil, not Skyrim.
As for their leaders, I hate Ulfric and Tulius both. They are arrogant and childish.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I know there are already a couple of same/similar threads, but I think a fresh one that isn't asking "Which I should join" would be nice. So, which side do you like better or has a better point? Imperials, or Stormcloaks?
In my opinion, the Imperials have more reasoning. The Stormcloaks are merely wasting the Empire's resources that they could be saving to strike back against the Thalmor. The Thalmor are the reason Talos outlaw is worshipped in the first place, so the Empire really can't do much about it, and fighting against the Empire does even less help. I could go on for a while, but what do you say about it?
I don't really support either side, but I usually help out the stormcloaks. I just like their viciousness.

Kory Stukenborg

Proud Member of the Mercer County Facial Hair Club
We "lashed out" against the British you know, right? o_O
lol we were studying over the French not too long ago and I got mixed up. But still, you get my point.

Chadonraz

Imperials, because:

- Ulfric
- it's the Thalmor that have a problem with Talos, not the Imperials
- the racism associated with the Stormcloaks
- like General Tullius says about the Stormcloaks: "It's not a cause; it's a rebellion."
- My very first character sided with the Blue Team, and there's only one thing I remember about it: the conclusion of Battle for Whiterun. The emotional cost was incredibly high, considering it's just a video game.
- All of my favourite Holds (Haafingar, Falkreath and Whiterun) are Imperial, and I don't want their guards to be replaced by soldiers.
- Regarding Jarls: I don't want Balgruuf, Siddgeir or Igmund to be replaced, especially since I hate both Vignar and the Silver-Blood (Thongvor), and Dengeir isn't nice, either. However, I also loathe Maven, and would much rather let Laila remain the Jarl of Riften. But it comes down to choosing the lesser "evil".

I guess that pretty much covers it. :D

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I already posted something about this in the sticky thread but that was a long time ago. So, to reiterate:

Stormcloaks. Because Imperials have better loot.

Also, the whole cutting-off-your-head thing in Helgen which I still haven't gotten over.

As it happens, my current character is a high elf and really couldn't care less about either side OR the Thalmor. They all deserve to die for all the racist comments about elves. Especially YOU, Heimskr. Yeah. I'm watching you. I've got a vial of poison with your name on it but I think it would be funnier to cast Fury on you and watch everyone take you out.

Elgorym

Yeah, I know there are others. But like I said in my first post, they haven't been commented on for a while and would like a new, fresh one. :)

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
The truth is, the 13 colonies would never have earned their freedom without French intervention -- the whole battle for American independence was essentially a proxy war between Britain and France. To the French, America was nothing but another theatre in their grand blood feud against Britain.

Immensely interesting period. But I digress...

I always ALWAYS joined the imperials. But then I read the Stormcloak philosophy and realized that it was everything I wish was different about the Imperials. The only reason I never joined is because the majority are racist. But I chose to ignore that with my Khajiit.

gangraad

dragonguard
The truth is, the 13 colonies would never have earned their freedom without French intervention -- the whole battle for American independence was essentially a proxy war between Britain and France. To the French, America was nothing but another theatre in their grand blood feud against Britain.

Immensely interesting period. But I digress...

if people listened more in their history classes, we might one day actually learn from it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts