• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Flamingtaco

They both have flaws, but they both have good people like the two you choose between in the opening. Entering Winterhold I met stormcloaks harassing a dark elf who told me that much of the nords were like that. In Solitude you have to witness the excution of an innocent man.

Jack Fulham

Premium Member
They both have flaws, but they both have good people like the two you choose between in the opening. Entering Winterhold I met stormcloaks harassing a dark elf who told me that much of the nords were like that. In Solitude you have to witness the excution of an innocent man.

Ah yeah this is true actually, I did witness a similar thing in Windhelm where two Nords were harassing a Redguard maybe, can't quite remember. Accusations of Imperial spy etc. Reminds me a lot of the Dumner attitude towards foreigners in Morrowind.

Grace Hagger

I didn't even realise I was making a decision at the beginning of the game so I'm stuck with the Imperial Army. From what I've done so far, I'm not too bothered by that. I'll just play through as a Stormcloak next time, which is the beauty of the Elder Scrolls games. I can do both :)

demujin

Obviously, The imperial legion is analog to the Roman legion. The Romans always had troubles with the various tribes of northern and central Europe.

From what I've seen so far, I hate both sides. Imperials are just trying to maintain the empire but they being jerks about it. The Stormcloaks are racist Nords who wants Skyrim all for themselves. It makes me feel super aware that Cyrodiil was the melting pot of Tamriel.

I agree, I don't really want to choose either sides.

KayO199X

I went with the Imperials mainly because my character is an Imperial, but also because I liked the idea of preserving the empire, rather than helping Skyrim split apart.

Evan Gilbreath

From what I've seen so far, I hate both sides. Imperials are just trying to maintain the empire but they being jerks about it. The Stormcloaks are racist Nords who wants Skyrim all for themselves. It makes me feel super aware that Cyrodiil was the melting pot of Tamriel.

Exactly,I completely agree. I just wonder if you have to pick?

I'm kind of hoping I can just ride through the middle. Right now I don't care about their civil war...I feel like my character has a bigger destiny than this political upheaval. It's not possible to inadvertently choose a side, is it?

Parker

Stormcloak for sure. I think the Imperials have a bit of an ass-ish attitude about them. Whiterun seems to be the only place I enjoy them.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
I'm more upset now after learning more of the civil war. Talos belongs in the -NINE-. Blessings of the Eight just does NOT have the same ring to it, and now I'm a part of the Imperials, and can't quit them and join the Stormcloaks... must persevere... I love this character, but there will be more... =)

the imperials have saved me twice with dragons now, being close by and i train the dragon over to them and they help. so ill probably win the civil war for them haha.

Flamingtaco

I didn't even realise I was making a decision at the beginning of the game so I'm stuck with the Imperial Army. From what I've done so far, I'm not too bothered by that. I'll just play through as a Stormcloak next time, which is the beauty of the Elder Scrolls games. I can do both :)
The same exact thing happened to me. My brother chose stormcloaks so Ive seen both sides of the intro.

Deseoso

Personally I am tempted to side with the Imperials after hearing more about the reasons that Talos worship was banned. Talos was a man, not a god. A great man maybe but a man. Besides, I've always liked the Roman uniforms.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts