• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bjb68

Outback Elf (Aussimer?)
To be honest, I could care less about the attitude of the factions, or the loot given (though, that shouldn't stop related conversations from being posted here). All I care about now is what cities will be destroyed as a result of my decisions, and what houses I will get haha.

I've read that joining Imperials will destroy Windhelm. Inversely, that siding with Stormcloaks will destroy Solitude (I can live with that haha). However, I heard that they destroy Whiterun as well, which is a town I'm quite fond of. I do Really want the house in Windhelm, though.

To anyone who has played through Stormcloaks, is there a gap of opportunity after the time you receive the Windhelm house, and before you destroy Whiterun, that I would be able to transfer all of my items from one location to the other?

I know I could buy another house in a third-party city, and transfer from there, but I'd like to avoid the extra purchase and annoying transfer process (like most people, I've got a lot of stuff haha).

NoVa

Bossmer
It doesn't matter which side you choose. No hold will be "destroyed" irreversibly. I bought a house in Whiterun before I joined the Stormcloaks, then I played through their questline and even aided in the raid on Whiterun. My house remained untouched by anyone other than myself. All my items were still in my home before and after the questline. Basically a hold will not be "destroyed", rather it will come under new management, which changes almost nothing.

Xerae

No holds are destroyed permanently, but there's some permanent damage as a result of the battles that take place in the holds. For instance, the preacher in Whiterun, his house is destroyed in the battle to take the hold, along with part of the wooded decoration surrounding the tree.

Logan

Really the only things that change are some of the people, and my opinion you should join the Stormcloaks because I'm not about to help someone who decided to try and cut my head off at the beginning of the game.

Reladin

Was wondering about this too... I have two characters currently, one who has the Imperial quest, and the other who has the Stormcloak! Glad to know my house will not be touched.