Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
J

Jeremius

Ah good, we're getting back to some basics here. The whole reason I can't bring myself to join the Stormcloaks no matter how hard I try to talk myself into it is this. Ulfric is really his own worst enemy, and should he win, his policies could quite possibly result in Skyrim being an isolated state, the North Korea of Tamriel if you will. Only the Dominion would truly benefit from this. Yes, yes, I know, the report says that neither side winning would be in their interest, but I honestly think that little bit was put in so as not to allow the main plot line to influence the players decision regarding the civil war. Also, as many before me have pointed out, the longer the war goes the more more casualties, the weaker both the Legion and the Stormcloaks will be. In the end, a swift Imperial victory is really the greatest way to defeat the interests of the Thalmor, and the Dominion.

And as long as there are dragons that are against us 'mortals' the truce set up at the peace conference would stand.

Regarding the bold, OF course they do not want that. Either side winning means that the winner can now focus on the Thalmor. Sure if the Imperials win, the Thalmor lose a lot, but only in the element of surprise department.

J

Jeremius

completely new thought involving the Dunmer, but weren't they given the Island of Solstheim by the Nords? Could they not go there, w/house Redoran being the guards of Raven Rock?

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
This whole entire endless debate about the dark elves and the segregation is rather hilarious, and ridiculous at the same time. Nice little thing to slam the Stormcloaks and Ulfric Stormcloak, but it's not going to work... not for the logical people on this forum :) The biggest threat in Skyrim are the Thalmor, and it's proven fact that the Empire cares so little about their Talos worshiping citizens for as long as Titus Mede can sleep in the comfort of his own bed knowing that when he wakes up he still can call himself the Emperor.

Like what Ulfric say..... "I presently have larger concerns? Such as all of Skyrim?"

J

Jeremius

This whole entire endless debate about the dark elves and the segregation is rather hilarious, and ridiculous at the same time. Nice little thing to slam the Stormcloaks and Ulfric Stormcloak, but it's not going to work... not for the logical people on this forum :) The biggest threat in Skyrim are the Thalmor, and it's proven fact that the Empire cares so little about their Talos worshiping citizens for as long as Titus Mede can sleep in the comfort of his own bed knowing that when he wakes up he still can call himself the Emperor.

Like what Ulfric say..... "I presently have larger concerns? Such as all of Skyrim?"

You know that clip just proves people right that he is not fit to rule if he is too busy with a war to do anything about his own hold, right?

IF it weren't that 99% of Windhelm is Nord, And stormcloak supporters at that, I'd agree with you. As it stands, the dunmer would actually do better living away from the Stormcloak HQ, or showing Ulfric that rescinding the Segregation is a benefit to him.
Interesting statistic you have there. A 99% exaggeration doesn't work in real debates, sorry.

Also, like I said, it isn't about the ethics of it. It's about what's going to happen later. Dunmer aren't going to rally and help defeat the Dominion if the people asking for their help are the same ones who have put them through segregation and poor treatment. Same goes for Argonia, a massive power in Tamriel. Can you imagine what would happen if Argonia alligned with the Dominion?

J

Jeremius

Interesting statistic you have there. A 99% exaggeration doesn't work in real debates, sorry.

Also, like I said, it isn't about the ethics of it. It's about what's going to happen later. Dunmer aren't going to rally and help defeat the Dominion if the people asking for their help are the same ones who have put them through segregation and poor treatment. Same goes for Argonia, a massive power in Tamriel. Can you imagine what would happen if Argonia alligned with the Dominion?

Still it seems like the majority of Windhelm is nord so it still works.

Raijin

You know that clip just proves people right that he is not fit to rule if he is too busy with a war to do anything about his own hold, right?

What are you talking about? It just proves that Ulfric shows concerns throughout Skyrim, not just his hold. This is a future king like mentality on his behalf. The great threat that is occurring right now is the Thalmor. The Empire is too weak to declare war against them again, and Elisif the Fair shows little to concern regarding to the rest of Skyrim... and shes suppose to be the next High Queen of skyrim if the Imperials win. At least Ulfric is doing something. Give the man credit for that at least.

Raijin

TESV2012-11-2918-04-13-47.png

"The Dark elves are too proud and naive to understand the way things truly are, and so they continue to dwell in that slum."

The Dark elves get tons of business... and yet they still complain. SHAME ON ULFRIC STORMCLOAK. Hes a bad man!
TESV2012-11-2918-03-41-51.png

FullmetalHeart20

That's hilarious. How many times did Raijin call the WGC peace treaty high treason with nothing to back that up? Ulfric has literally no legitimate right to High King. He's trying to take power through force and sends men to kill former allies. What happened to Nord loyalty and honor? Do they take a backseat to stubborn pride?

azali100

What are you talking about? It just proves that Ulfric shows concerns throughout Skyrim, not just his hold. This is a future king like mentality on his behalf. The great threat that is occurring right now is the Thalmor. The Empire is too weak to declare war against them again, and Elisif the Fair shows little to concern regarding to the rest of Skyrim... and shes suppose to be the next High Queen of skyrim if the Imperials win. At least Ulfric is doing something. Give the man credit for that at least.

Credit for...killing his King and plunging his Empire and Province into civil war?

FullmetalHeart20

I'd like to point out that the Empire ended a war with the WGC. The Dominion was legitimately capable of destroying them. By the time they gained momentum their resources were strained. It was not treachery. It was not dishonor. It was thinking in the long term. Mede Did not agree to it to keep power over Tamriel. He did it so there'd still be a Tamriel left to rule.

FullmetalHeart20

The High King wasn't doing jack pl*** about what was going on in Skyrim. He was weak just like the Empire. He did right killing that bum.
What do you know about the last High King? Jack plops is what you know. He was smart not to do what Ulfric did. Under his rule there were no Justiciar squads, no civil war, and most of the Thalmar were way over there in Alinor. Ulfric stirred the plops pot. And it all boils down to, "they're taking too long to fight the elves".

Raijin

That's hilarious. How many times did Raijin call the WGC peace treaty high treason with nothing to back that up? Ulfric has literally no legitimate right to High King. He's trying to take power through force and sends men to kill former allies. What happened to Nord loyalty and honor? Do they take a backseat to stubborn pride?

The truth does hurt, doesn't it? The empire sold his own people and the history of the Empire over a damn peace treaty to the elves. And yes Ulfric does have a legitimate right to High King.

FullmetalHeart20

The truth does hurt, doesn't it? The empire sold his own people and the history of the Empire over a damn peace treaty to the elves. And yes Ulfric does have a legitimate right to High King.
That dual was a barbaric tradition that is in essence "kill the old one". And for the love of Talos, the war stopped! How did you delude yourself into thinking that Cyrodiil loves the Thalmor, and don't intend to fight again once their legions are up to snuff again? Did you even watch the Imperial side of that quest? Try that before arguing like you understand them.

FullmetalHeart20

Torygg was a DAMN bum! Even Sybille Stentor told the player that Torygg was impressed by Ulfric... and had he came to him for support that he will likely take his side. Why didn't he go to Ulfric instead? Hes a damn man boy bum.
You're calling him a man-boy for no reason. Tell me then. If Torygg liked Ulfric, and Ulfric killed him, what does that say of him? Even if you ask him about it, he doesn't even seem to regret the need of that dual. He's just like, Well, I only shouted him down! It was my sword that killed him herp derp.

Raijin

You're calling him a man-boy for no reason. Tell me then. If Torygg liked Ulfric, and Ulfric killed him, what does that say of him? Even if you ask him about it, he doesn't even seem to regret the need of that dual. He's just like, Well, I only shouted him down! It was my sword that killed him herp derp.

He is too a man boy.
and...... (For Audio purposes only)

Plus

azali100

Torygg was a DAMN bum! Even Sybille Stentor told the player that Torygg was impressed by Ulfric... and had he came to him for support that he will likely take his side. Why didn't he go to Ulfric instead? Hes a damn man boy bum.

Where do you get all this man-boy/bum stuff from? We know close to nothing about Torygg. And apparently you don't know what a bum is either.