Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

boethiah'sbitch

Maybe Im the Dragonborn & I just dont know it yet
I do agree with your statement but I also said in my post that
And its not that the Stormcloaks don't like anyone but Nords, they're just more favored towards their own people because of what's happening with the Empire

There are definitely some Nords that do have some faith in the Empire and definitely don't dislike anyone who isn't a Nord.

Niq

I do agree with your statement but I also said in my post that
There are definitely some Nords that do have some faith in the Empire and definitely don't dislike anyone who isn't a Nord.
I agree, they are not all biggots (just some)

So are you pro stormcloak or not?

boethiah'sbitch

I'm kind of in the middle. I think I'm more for the Stormcloaks than the Imperials but I still have some faith in the Empire. You?

Niq

yea i am in the middle too.
I can see why the Nords are protective over their traditions, culture and even religion, but i also remember that Nords formed the empire!! - if they dont like what the empire is doing leaving it is not the answer, surely they should stand by the empire and drive back the thalmor to exercise their rights.

feliciano182

The problem with the Imperials is they just came into Skyrim and took what wasn't theirs. Now they're trying to boss all the Nords around and telling them which gods to worship. I honestly don't think that's right. And its not that the Stormcloaks don't like anyone but Nords, they're just more favored towards their own people because of what's happening with the Empire

Actually, The Empire has been there since the Third Era.

Also, The Empire isn't actively forcing the ban of Talos, it simply acknowledges and let's the justiciars act as they see fit with those who still worship the ninth divine. And while it's certainly an opinion to "accept" the stormcloak racism, it has more to do than just the "mistreatment" from The Empire.

Melvin

I would join stormcloaks because if you go to windhelm into the castle, you'll see a guy called stonefist, henge man with an executing axe, he looks stronget than legate rikke, but im a khajiit and they are racist towards me and my race i have heard...

boethiah'sbitch

Actually, The Empire has been there since the Third Era.

Also, The Empire isn't actively forcing the ban of Talos, it simply acknowledges and let's the justiciars act as they see fit with those who still worship the ninth divine. And while it's certainly an opinion to "accept" the stormcloak racism, it has more to do than just the "mistreatment" from The Empire.

Yea we've covered that in a previous post. It was my error. Thanks

ThatOtherGuy

I would go with the Empire just because they're not racist when it comes to civil rights, obviously there is still racism but not as much. Other than that both are the same.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I would go with the Empire just because they're not racist when it comes to civil rights, obviously there is still racism but not as much. Other than that both are the same.

The Stormcloak are not racists but lets just hypothetically say that they are.... I would rather support a bunch of racist Nords than the Empire that was going to carelessly chop off my head without a reason to.
TESV2012-11-0816-08-26-31.png

Does this bring back memories?

To this day I don't know why anyone would want to side with the Empire seeing that you were inches away from getting wrongfully executed. I don't want to go far by spilling out personal insults, but I can't help but to say that by joining the imperials after this incident is a case of masochist. If it wasn't for Alduin you would've been a goner. You would've been murdered by the Imperial legion, the Empire.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
The Stormcloak are not racists but lets just hypothetically say that they are.... I would rather support a bunch of racist Nords than the Empire that was going to carelessly chop off my head without a reason to.
TESV2012-11-0816-08-26-31.png

To this day I don't know why anyone would want to side with the Empire seeing that you were inches away from getting wrongfully executed. I don't want to go far by spilling out personal insults, but I can't help but to say that by joining the imperials after this incident is a case of masochist. If it wasn't for Alduin you would've been a goner.

Yea, cause if the Stormcloaks caught you with a bunch of Imperial Soldiers, they would have just let you go with a pat on the back. C'mon.

ThatOtherGuy

^This

Edit: Whoops, I meant it for Ricardo Irving

Edit 2: To back my post. Yes the majority of the Nords that are in the Stormcloak army are racist just in case you haven't noticed. Just look at the way the Dunmer are treated and even worse the Argonians. The Empire also has its fair bit of racism but not as much. As for this being masochist it's not, I just hate all discrimination although jokes don't really count. I hope you don't see this the wrong way of me accusing you for calling me something. I just saying that if it were.

Off topic Ex: "I would say a black joke but you'd probably steal it." Now to some this is offensive and if it is I'm sorry.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer

To this day I don't know why anyone would want to side with the Empire seeing that you were inches away from getting wrongfully executed. I don't want to go far by spilling out personal insults, but I can't help but to say that by joining the imperials after this incident is a case of masochist. If it wasn't for Alduin you would've been a goner. You would've been murdered by the Imperial legion, the Empire.

How many times are you going to bring that up? Its not even relevant in the bigger picture of things and it only looks like a shallow effort to defend the Stormcloaks.

Just like how you discredit someone defining the Stormcloaks from one drunk, racist Nord in Windhelm, we all discredit you when you define the Empire from one officer. You see how it works?

Jersey Dagmar

What you just said was base on an opinion and not by facts. Let's stick with the canon story.

Opinion? Wow. You have no understanding of how war works. Not only was the PC caught with the enemy, but also with the leader of the enemy. During war, it's best not to take chances. The Stormcloaks, had they caught the PC with the Legion troops, they would have used that same logic during war.

Raijin

How many times are you going to bring that up? Its not even relevant in the bigger picture of things and it only looks like a shallow effort to defend the Stormcloaks.

Just like how you discredit someone defining the Stormcloaks from one drunk, racist Nord in Windhelm, we all discredit you when you define the Empire from one officer. You see how it works?

I will bring it up for each time someone calls the Stromcloak racist. It works both ways. And just because theirs a racist drunk in windhelm who happens to be the brother of Galmar doesn't make the entire group of stormcloaks a racist.

and for Talos sakes STOP using the captain as an excuse. The Empire tried murdering you at the beginning. I certainly didn't hear Tullius say anything, and he seen it too. I know it's hard to accept it... but deep inside you know I'm right.

Raijin

Opinion? Wow. You have no understanding of how war works. Not only was the PC caught with the enemy, but also with the leader of the enemy. During war, it's best not to take chances. The Stormcloaks, had they caught the PC with the Legion troops, they would have used that same logic during war.

I may not know how war works (I'm not a RL General and neither are you ) but I've played Skyrim under several characters, and not once had the stormcloaks tried murdering me. I don't like to assume things, especially when it comes to debating a fictional story.

ThatOtherGuy

Looks like I can post the edits of my above post.

Edit 2: To back my post. Yes the majority of the Nords that are in the Stormcloak army are racist just in case you haven't noticed. Just look at the way the Dunmer are treated and even worse the Argonians. The Empire also has its fair bit of racism but not as much. As for this being masochist it's not, I just hate all discrimination although jokes don't really count. I hope you don't see this the wrong way of me accusing you for calling me something. I just saying that if it were.

Off topic Ex: "I would say a black joke but you'd probably steal it." Now to some this is offensive and if it is I'm sorry.

Jersey Dagmar

I may not know how war works (I'm not a RL General and neither are you ) but I've played Skyrim under several characters, and not once had the stormcloaks tried murdering me. I don't like to assume things, especially when it comes to debating a fictional story.

Let me break it down.

Your character.

Was captured with the enemy.

And the Enemy leader was there too.

Realize how bad that looks for you character?

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
I will bring it up for each time someone calls the Stromcloak racist. It works both ways. And just because theirs a racist drunk in windhelm who happens to be the brother of Galmar doesn't make the entire group of stormcloaks a racist.

Well first of all, that is exactly what I was saying, however, besides just the one Nord, its clear the Stormcloaks are racist anyways. Deep inside, you know I'm right.

and for Talos sakes STOP using the captain as an excuse. The Empire tried murdering you at the beginning. I certainly didn't hear Tullius say anything, and he seen it too. I know it's hard to accept it... but deep inside you know I'm right.

I don't think anybody here disagrees with you that the Empire fluffed up. I haven't seen any posts disputing that. Its war, plops happens, I'm sure you being an Ulfric supporter knows ALL about that (IE. slaughtering of innocents)

What makes you not very logical is that one of the main reasons why you don't like the Empire is that ONE OFFICER ordered your execution, whether or not her higher up looked the other way, does this define the Empire's cause? NO, I don't understand how you cannot accept that.

Back to my original point which went completely over your head, you seem to completely disagree with someone calling the Stormcloaks racist based off one Nord but you have no problem with jumping the gun at the Empire over ONE officer. Not hypocritical at all, right?

ThatOtherGuy

As for this. If I place myself in my character's position I would be angry, extremely but also add the fact that I hate racism and after exploring a bit I'll probably find out that the Stormcloaks are racist which means that I'll just end up killing both.

Sorry for the run off sentence.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts