Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Solus

Do you people honestly believe that Ulfric will be the first one to stop fighting? The Empire just needs to stop focusing on skyrim, and more on the Aldmeri.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Well I don't see why the Empire just retreats, they're not helping themselves by fighting the Stormcloaks.
Think of it this way, if Texas waged a brutal war to leave the United States do you think the American government would let it happen? No they would fight to put down the revolutionaries and keep Texas. If you look up some history look up the FLQ Crisis in Canada, Quebec wanted to separate and used violence to try and do that. Pierre Trudeau used military force to put them in their place.

Solus

Think of it this way, if Texas waged a brutal war to leave the United States do you think the American government would let it happen? No they would fight to put down the revolutionaries and keep Texas. If you look up some history look up the FLQ Crisis in Canada, Quebec wanted to separate and used violence to try and do that. Pierre Trudeau used military force to put them in their place.
Yeah, but would that really be the smartest idea when you have, like Russia or China trying to tell you not to believe in certain gods and trying to kill you?

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
Well I don't see why the Empire just retreats, they're not helping themselves by fighting the Stormcloaks.

They need Skyrim's people and resources to have a chance against the Thalmor. If they retreated, they would be in the same position they were in when the Capital city was sacked. The Thalmor aren't going to sit there and watch the Stormcloaks prosper, either.

The Empire is a fully trained, organized military force. The Stormcloaks are nothing more than a militia (except for maybe high-tier officers), ordinary Nords who picked up arms under Ulfric's banner. A militia has no chance against the Thalmor, who are HIGHLY trained and organized army who also uses magic, which is extremely hard to counter it seems in the Skyrim world.

TIf you look up some history look up the FLQ Crisis in Canada, Quebec wanted to separate and used violence to try and do that. Pierre Trudeau used military force to put them in their place.

Off topic : Greatest Prime Minister we ever had.

Solus

Well, if you put it that way, the Stormcloaks are just acting like little kids, not seeing the whole picture. Ulfric is just so cool.

Squirrel_killer-

Yeah, but would that really be the smartest idea when you have, like Russia or China trying to tell you not to believe in certain gods and trying to kill you?
Crush the rebellion at the homefront then mass an army to crush the foreign threat. An enemy within is much more of a threat than an enemy without, it weakens the homefront and shatters moral of the people. Remember Skyrim is essential to the empire to provide soldiers and food for the army. The you NEED a strong homefront to fight a war. That is not optional.

Squirrel_killer-

Well, if you put it that way, the Stormcloaks are just acting like little kids, not seeing the whole picture. Ulfric is just so cool.
He's a dick. Have you ever really paid attention to him? I mean outside of his quest dialogue?

J

Jeremius

The segregation of Dunmer is unique to Windhelm.

Yes it does. You seem to be completely incapable of understanding what racism is in as much as it's defined by deeds far more than words, particularly when it defines how one governs, and that the person who owns the policy is racist. FDR was indeed very much a racist. Aside from the blatant racism of his internment policy against citizens of the United States based solely on their race, he also didn't think much of black people as he explicitly excluded the black athletes and only invited the white athletes from the 1936 U.S. Olympic team to the White House. Not even the famous Jesse Owens, who won 4 gold medals for the United States was allowed to attend. His inaction towards the plight of the Jews in Europe, who his administration knew were being subject to genocide, is also a subject of heated debate. He appointed a former member of the Klu Klux Klan to the Supreme Court (Hugo Black), and one can find numerous quotes by the man that were racist in nature ranging from opposition to interracial marriage to characterizing Italians as a a bunch of opera singers. Hell yes the man was racist and so is Ulfric.

SO then the entirety of Skyrim is racist then because of Khajit. good to have another reason NOT to get into the war at all and let them all kill each other and give up Tamriel to the Dominion because of some stupid pride.

Squirrel_killer-

SO then the entirety of Skyrim is racist then because of Khajit. good to have another reason NOT to get into the war at all and let them all kill each other and give up Tamriel to the Dominion because of some stupid pride.
Khajiit aren't forced to stay outside of the cities, the caravans just are not allow to spend the night inside city walls since they are known criminals and smugglers.

J

Jeremius

Khajiit aren't forced to stay outside of the cities, the caravans just are not allow to spend the night inside city walls since they are known criminals and smugglers.

there is still no reason to support either side of the CW. Until the empire dumps the WGC, I am staying out of the war. Nothing you guys say can change my mind.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
there is still no reason to support either side of the CW. Until the empire dumps the WGC, I am staying out of the war. Nothing you guys say can change my mind.

This begs the question, why are you posting in this thread? Someone has to win the war whether you like it or not, this thread is about WHO would logically and justifiably win it. Preaching how its stupid and that no one should win it in this thread is counter-productive and not a good look.

The Empire isn't going to dump the WGC until Skyrim is on board and if the Stormcloaks have a hard time fighting 1/2 legions of the Empire, they certainly have no chance against the Thalmor. If everyone in Skyrim had your logic, well I think the Altmer would've taken over a long time ago.

Squirrel_killer-

This begs the question, why are you posting in this thread? Someone has to win the war whether you like it or not, this thread is about WHO would logically and justifiably win it. Preaching how its stupid and that no one should win it in this thread is counter-productive and not a good look.

The Empire isn't going to dump the WGC until Skyrim is on board and if the Stormcloaks have a hard time fighting 1/2 legions of the Empire, they certainly have no chance against the Thalmor. If everyone in Skyrim had your logic, well I think the Altmer would've taken over a long time ago.
I've told him that a hundred times, he's ceased to be a productive member of this debate long ago. He's an alright person but still, he's an idiot.

azali100

It's a game. It's programmed to do certain things. Which is why the WGC won't ever get dumped outside of maybe DLC. And even then you would have to pick a side and win the Civil War questline first. So...yeah. Why are you even posting here?

J

Jeremius

IF they win the war without me, fine, I will give my support to a side,I just won't actually join it. Plus the CW does nothing outside of changing Jarls, Bethesda could have made the CW part one of the MQ and made more out of it. Like which ever side you chose hunting dragons when they actually showed up. War is useless. The Thalmor have essentially taken over, it just needs to be made official.

I post in this thread because it is fun arguing with you people.

J

Jeremius

It's a game. It's programmed to do certain things. Which is why the WGC won't ever get dumped outside of maybe DLC. And even then you would have to pick a side and win the Civil War questline first. So...yeah. Why are you even posting here?

Truth is I think both sides of the war are wrong about who should take over. IT should be an alliance of Jarls who rule, Not one person. There should be a third side of the war that gets all hold leaders ruling Skyrim. together.
IF there wasn't a position of supreme ruler in Skyrim, and each Jarl answered to the empire, I bet this war would not be happening.

Commodus

Now that I've played this game a little more, it becomes apparent to me that Ulfric is a monster and his followers naught but thugs and xenophobes. In the world of Skyrim, where even Orcs are shown to be funtioning members of society, what kind of man sees that wonderful variety and chooses segregation and his ideal of governance?

Sure, he uses the veil of religion to give himself credibility, but isn't it far better to be rational and make concessions to ensure your own survival? The Imperials did just that and were villified. Having a survival instinct is nothing to be ashamed of, so what if the Nords can't worship their God? They get to live. It's a fair trade and one anyone would appreciate if they had even the slightest ammount of common sense.

The Imperials have their flaws, and it's true that they too have an element of segregationist ideas, but it's not on the same level as Ulfric and his cronies, they don't even want to maintain the pretense of co-existence or tolerance, it's just 'Skyrim is for the Nords' and kill anyone who disagrees.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts