Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I can deduce this because on my travels, the Stormcloaks act nicely towards me even though I'm not a Nord and not a Stormcloak

My current character is a High Elf and sometimes I get remarks from NPCs "What do you want, little elf" or from guards "Don't cross me elf" I can fully understand the distrust that the Nords have against me, or shall I say my race that is. I don't considered them as racist because look at what my race did to them. They took their freedom of worship away. Even as the Dragonborn I don't expect the Nords to treat me like royalty. Respect must be earned.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
My current character is a High Elf and sometimes I get remarks from NPCs "What do you want, little elf" or from guards "Don't cross me elf" I can fully understand the distrust that the Nords have against me, or shall I say my race that is. I don't considered them as racist because look at what my race did to them. They took their freedom of worship away. Even as the Dragonborn I don't expect the Nords to treat me like royalty. Respect must be earned.
If you meet the Stormcloak Patrols, then see their remarks towards you. They don't act racist at all.

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
Ulfric is a king slayer, usurper, and murderer. The empire is the only hope to defeat the dominion

Docta Corvina

For all the rejection of opinion and speculation in the latter part of this thread, there is quite a bit of it happening regardless. Speculation is a fact of life for this game, let's not pretend otherwise, eh?

It's made clear that it's very soon after Torygg has been killed. The player character is caught amid members of an armed insurrection. Your character is rounded up and hauled off. Yeah, it's true that you are not on the list. If Bethesda wanted to make the Empire and Legion look completely and irredeemably heartless and bloodthirsty, we would NOT have seen a very sympathetic Hadvar who asked the captain next to him what to do about a hapless soul not on the list. It's made clear that at that moment, General Tullius is wholly preoccupied with the most wanted man in Skyrim. His back is to everything that's going on with the careless captain and Hadvar. Is this a fault of his? Perhaps, perhaps not. Fact is that the player character was going to be executed solely on the whims of one irritable and reckless officer - you were NOT on the Legion's list. As was also arguably the case with Alduin's appearance, it was a chance affair - you were the near-victim of an officer who appeared to just really not give two bones about you or any sort of code. It's easy to conflate that with the Legion in general, but it's unfair to do so and I will continue to maintain that whenever that particular argument surfaces. If anything, I say the dismissive captain is a necessary facet of game mechanics.

As for speculation and opinion, it's not difficult to make educated guesses about what would have happened if the tables were turned at the beginning. I can't and won't take seriously the idea, even for a moment, that the Stormcloak patrols would have acted any differently had my character been found among Imperial soldiers who just had taken Ulfric's head off. Nor would I have expected them to do so.

Otar Killed Mah Dog XD

End Their Lives Quickly
I don't really like either the stormcloaks are completely racist and the imperials are lazy bums I wish there was another faction like the forsworn or even the thalmor

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
And at those peace talks, you can tell Ulfric doesn't really care about his people he just wants High King, Dragons are killing his country men, but before peace he wants bloody Markarth given up before he'll agree to talking, so when you tell him to give up Riften as payment he bitches about it, then when that's over you get a I want Morthal aswell without giving up any more turf, I'm thinking "Are you bloody serious? there are dragons and you want to sit here playing pass the hold.

Epic Keith

I don't see how the Imperials are lazy bums.

In the beginning Lokir says, ".....Empire was nice and lazy......I would've stolen that horse and be half-way to Hammerfell"

This shows the Empire gives no plops about the crime going about in Skyrim, and thanks to your so called murderer and usurper, The true High King Ulfric, Empire caught a horse thief!

:Dovahkiin:

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
In the beginning Lokir says, ".....Empire was nice and lazy......I would've stolen that horse and be half-way to Hammerfell"

This shows the Empire gives no pl*** about the crime going about in Skyrim, and thanks to your so called murderer and usurper, The true High King Ulfric, Empire caught a horse thief!

:Dovahkiin:

And I can counteract that with, if the Empire was nice and lazy, they probably didn't arrest anyone who was worshiping Talos. It wasn't until Ulfric started his bullplops that the Empire AND the Dominion came stomping around Skyrim.

Seriously, guys. Just give up already.

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
Well, if you want to speak in real world terms then a revolution could be justified since that would be going against the constitution. This is assuming it's taking place in the United States of course. But in Skyrim there is nothing that says they can't ban people from worshiping a certain god. So, that isn't really a good analogy.
Well, technically no. But realize since the death of Tiber Septim, people have been worshiping Talos; that's close to a thousand years of worship, and all the sudden people are being arrested and killed for believing in it.

So where there is no law, saying that they can't ban it, it's still messed up that they are, and are willing to.

stagnant94

imperials for the sole reason that they have british accents and I'm british.

none of this stormcloaks are racist, empire are keeping the thalmor at bay bullplops. they. have. British. accents.

Epic Keith

And I can counteract that with, if the Empire was nice and lazy, they probably didn't arrest anyone who was worshiping Talos. It wasn't until Ulfric started his bullplops that the Empire AND the Dominion came stomping around Skyrim.

Seriously, guys. Just give up already.

Give up? Give up? To a weak and dead Empire that lost it's soul? An Empire that's plays by the strings of the Dominion? Never! A true Nord never backs down!

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
Well, technically no. But realize since the death of Tiber Septim, people have been worshiping Talos; that's close to a thousand years of worship, and all the sudden people are being arrested and killed for believing in it.

So where there is no law, saying that they can't ban it, it's still messed up that they are, and are willing to.

Yes, I understand why people would be angry I'm just pointing out that it wasn't a good analogy.

Grogmar Ghrobash

Give up? Give up? To a weak and dead Empire that lost it's soul? An Empire that's plays by the strings of the Dominion? Never! A true Nord never backs down!

It's all fictional.

stagnant94

its so funny to see how passionate some people are about 2 fictional groups of people, in a fictional world.

Grogmar Ghrobash

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
If you say so.
It isn't because it's fictional; it's because it plays on human emotions and draws us into truly feeling that one side is just, and the other is wrong.

Most people don't know jack plops about politics, but for example if Mitt Romney calls Obama a towelhead, a whole bunch of rednecks will vote for Mitt Romney over their hatred for the Al Quieda(Have no idea how to spell it)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts