Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
12201.jpg
Ivory said:
Just because the Court Wizard raised Torygg doesn't make her Biased. She isn't exactly Elisif's biggest fan. It's very easy to see that the Mage is very fair, and quite well rounded overall. You cannot deny that she knows Torygg better than anyone.​
Also, you saying that Torygg is "showered" with imperial coin, which by the way, you stormcloaks use too. Every Jarl got that Gold you love to throw at us. What did you all use it for? Oh, right, to fund it right back against the Empire. Every coin you use is because of the Empire. Good luck with making your own economy.​
Yeah it does. All motherly types who raised someone since they were kid becomes very bias towards them. It's only natural for this emotional occurrence to happen, and yes. We can both agree that she doesn't have very good relationship with Elisif. Perhaps she did something to him that caused him to change not for the better but for the worst? Perhaps Torygg had full intentions of cooperating with Ulfric in having Skyrim's full independence, but because Elisif was high in maintenance (Party goer), that Torygg made the financial decision to still accept the Empire's crates full of Imperial coin to support his wife.

No not all Jarls accepted the Empires coin and no. The Stormcloaks do not uses it either. Are you telling me that the Empire is financially supporting a militia that is working against them by sending them crates full of gold?

Perhaps perhaps because perhaps perhaps perhaps Torygg but only if perhaps. Couldn't resist.

This is small change, I don't even understand why you guys are fighting over these details. I mean, I understand the small stuff is important, make no mistake, but you are trying to steamroll over personal details. It was my undersanding Sibil was having some kind of affair with Torygg or wanted to.

Honestly though... we don't have too much to go on about Torygg, only the good details from Sibil, the bad from Ulfric and a few minor scraps thrown in by Elisif and that shopkeeper. Unfort his death overshadows the man himself and who he really was. However, we do learn a little more about him in Sovngarde where Torygg basically comes off as being ashamed that Ulfric deceived him. And I don't care for the way that went down, but Torygg was the High King and he should have known better.

Still, it was wrong. But why all the hate for Elisif? This is another thing that has, is and will always drive me away from the Stormcloaks. You guys have no sympathy for her, none of this is her fault! It's like the Stormcloaks are so petty they can't even show some love for Elisif and what that d@#$head Ulfric did to her. Think of someone you love. Now, the person you hate the most comes up with some "lawful" means of shoving a sword or some blunt metal object thru their heart right in front of you.

Wouldn't you at least feel something? And you know, I'm more concerned at how the Stormcloaks can just do the things that they do and not feel anything, no remorse. Even the Empire expresses regret at the apparent mistakes they made. They feel something.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
No not all Jarls accepted the Empires coin and no. The Stormcloaks do not uses it either. Are you telling me that the Empire is financially supporting a militia that is working against them by sending them crates full of gold?

The chests of gold were sent after the Great War. Since all the Jarls at that time supported the Empire, why would they have rejected it?

Stormcloaks don't use it? Oh, so I when I paid for a house in Windhelm or am rewarded by Stormcloaks, it's all with the Skyrim Peso?

J

Jeremius

Just because the Court Wizard raised Torygg doesn't make her Biased. She isn't exactly Elisif's biggest fan. It's very easy to see that the Mage is very fair, and quite well rounded overall. You cannot deny that she knows Torygg better than anyone.

Also, you saying that Torygg is "showered" with imperial coin, which by the way, you stormcloaks use too. Every Jarl got that Gold you love to throw at us. What did you all use it for? Oh, right, to fund it right back against the Empire. Every coin you use is because of the Empire. Good luck with making your own economy.

Yeah it does. All motherly types who raised someone since they were kid becomes very bias towards them. It's only natural for this emotional occurrence to happen, and yes. We can both agree that she doesn't have very good relationship with Elisif. Perhaps she did something to him that caused him to change not for the better but for the worst? Perhaps Torygg had full intentions of cooperating with Ulfric in having Skyrim's full independence, but because Elisif was high in maintenance (Party goer), that Torygg made the financial decision to still accept the Empire's crates full of Imperial coin to support his wife.

I really do not see the problem. Bias or not, you cannot take the word of someone who does not know the person personally, as they could just be spouting propaganda.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Why is it a bad thing that High King Torygg gave speeches about the Empire? He was the liege of Skyrim and vassal to the Emperor, he couldn't exactly talk plops about the Empire in public unless he declared independence. Even Ulfric didn't speak out against the Empire until he was in open rebellion, before his rebellion he spoke only in terms shy of treason and only at the Moot.

Also about Torygg and Imperial coin, why is it odd for him to have a lot of money? Is the King of Skyrim supposed to be a poor beggar? What is even up with that...

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
Why would it be documented? It isn't even documented he used the Thu'um during Markarth, you only find it out by speaking to people.
And once again, we don't find anybody who says anything about it from your opinion, or mine, so its a moot point and we should stop arguing about it because its getting nowhere.

He was taught using the Thu'um for personal gain and the glories of man was wrong. The Greybeards even use the Thu'um for defense. They're not pacifists.
And winning the war for man would be personal gain for man. Granted it would also be physical gain, but, you get the point. Lets also not forget that they taught him about Jurgen Windcaller and the Battle of Red Mountain, and how supposedly Kyne was angry and struck them down for their insolence of using the Thu'um to win wars and conquest, Even though its thought that the only reason Kyne gave them the thu'um in the first place to go to war against the Dragons so, the ideology kind of contradicts itself.

It isn't supposed to be romanticized, also she wasn't accepting it and was blaming them. They cared enough to spare her the truth, but she was the one who kept it going.
The mother isn't going to like being told her son was a "stupid traitor" no matter how much you try to sugarcoat it not to mention joking that they "have their son locked up in the cellar"

Because they mention they were very close and good old friends. It doesn't matter if the clan leader or the youngest child doesn't care. The others think the feud is stupid or in the case of Idolaf still cared about his friend.
We don't know their personal opinion on Thorald though

I think you're missing the point. There is of course thousands within the Empire who are honorable, and good. But the Empire as a whole doesn't think within terms of honor and glory.
Sure each individual has his/her own moral code but as you said the, Empire as a whole, doesn't care about honor while the Stormcloaks, as a whole do.

The Stormcloaks aren't ethically better than the Empire, they have their bad side.
Of course, but at least they don't teach their spies to murder innocent old men and do other immoral acts

Assassinating an old man was Colin's test. What if that old man was working for the Thalmor? What if he himself was an assassin, perhaps he wanted to kill the Emperor, maybe he kills children or this and that etc.
Well then maybe, give them some info about the old man instead of just saying kill him. Maybe say: "We have intel that supports this man as a prime suspect for working with the Thalmor." Then they find the man and realize hes just this old defenseless man, and if some people can't do it, they're the ones who get cut the ones that can, don't. It seems a bit extreme that they just say "kill this random old man as tribute of your loyalty to the Empire" "uhmm, okay"

The point is, appearances aren't always what they seem. What good are you to the Empire if you let your guard down because you think someone is innocent, only to get stabbed in the back.
That makes sense. They need to heighten out their Spies, weed out the week, sure, I get that, it just seems a little extreme. They can do that in many other ways as opposed to: "kill this random old man as a test of tribute". I mean, this is the Empire, the lawful watchers over all under their banner. when did they allow murder? Aparrently, when it suits their interests it's totally fine.

If the Great War resumes right after the Civil War/Mede II's death, Stormcloaks have zero chance on the battlefield. They're struggling against the weakest the Empire has to offer, and the Aldmeri can match the proper Legions.
Because they only have half of Skyrim on their side and they're fighting on the offensive against the Imperials (most of which happen to be Nords". The rage fueling the Nord's hearts against the Dominion will be much stronger than the rage against the Empire. The Empire, from the Stormcloaks point of view, just gave up and let the Dominion walk all over it, literally walk all over the Empire (I understand this was the only choice they had). The Dominion, from the Stormcloaks point of view, are the Horrible oppressors

Besides the war is going to be a bitch, we'll probably get eaten by the Khajiit horses. Which are actually giant tigers who will die to defend their rider, who is often their sibling. We also have to watch out for all the various creatures within Valnwood, fight in the jungles of Elsweyr and get past one of the toughest naval fleets in Tamriel.
Yeah, the Senche-raht and the Wild Hunt could be a huge problem. Of course we'd have to factor in the possibility of rebellion and I believe the Wild Hunt can only be used to warrant off invaders of Valenwood otherwise we would have seen it in the Great War. And is the Empire just going to sit back as the 2nd Great War unfolds above them, or are they just going to allow everyone to burn?
Tiber defeated the Aldmeri Dominion with a giant golem. Can you really blame the Empire wanting to regain strength and spend decades preparing for this bloody campaign?
I don't blame them but its obvious they got the good part of the deal while Skyrim and Hammerfell got the plops stick.

As the Legate's say something like this: "Skyrim's days are darkening, and the Legion will soon be called into service like never before."
Thats the problem here, if you guys couldn't fight the Aldmeri in a defensive war, albeit, a surprise attack, with more than twice the strength you have now, whats the probability of you fighting an offensive war with less than half the strength you most likely need to fight in a war positioned as such?

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
Why is it a bad thing that High King Torygg gave speeches about the Empire? He was the liege of Skyrim and vassal to the Emperor, he couldn't exactly talk pl*** about the Empire in public unless he declared independence. Even Ulfric didn't speak out against the Empire until he was in open rebellion, before his rebellion he spoke only in terms shy of treason and only at the Moot.

Also about Torygg and Imperial coin, why is it odd for him to have a lot of money? Is the King of Skyrim supposed to be a poor beggar? What is even up with that...

I didn't expect him to but he doesn't need to kiss their ass. Also, there's absolutely nothing wrong with him having Imperial Coin, but the fact of the matter is Torygg would have to think, long and hard, "is this the standpoint I want to take?" He had plenty of time to make his choice and he didn't choose an Independent Skyrim because:
"Because the Dominion is a sleeping beast that Skyrim cannot slay alone. Because many Nords are part of the Imperial army even now. Because the food and resources we get from the Empire are important to our people. Because even if we can't openly worship him, Talos the god was once Tiber Septim the man, and this is his Empire. And Torygg wasn't ready to let it fall apart."-Sybille Stentor

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
The fact that Solitudes own pawnshop owner contradicts what His court mage said when she said " And between you and me? He wasn't even that good a king. All of those rambling speeches about the Empire this, and the Empire that.."

Because the pawn shop owner knows more than the woman who raised the king :rolleyes:

no but shes a citizen and knows about his policies and his political standpoint. also this is what Sybille has to say when you ask this:
If you ask her why Torygg didn't declare Skyrim's independence she will sum up the relationship of Skyrim and the Empire by stating, "Because the Dominion is a sleeping beast that Skyrim cannot slay alone. Because many Nords are part of the Imperial army even now. Because the food and resources we get from the Empire are important to our people. Because even if we can't openly worship him, Talos the god was once Tiber Septim the man, and this is his Empire. And Torygg wasn't ready to let it fall apart."
So obviously Torygg didn't want to go with Ulfric even though he respected him.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
The chests of gold were sent after the Great War. Since all the Jarls at that time supported the Empire, why would they have rejected it?

Stormcloaks don't use it? Oh, so I when I paid for a house in Windhelm or am rewarded by Stormcloaks, it's all with the Skyrim Peso?

Ulfric was not the Jarl at the time after the Great war and the Stormcloaks didn't exist until after he returned home from being imprisoned by the Thalmor, and with his father dead.

I really do not see the problem. Bias or not, you cannot take the word of someone who does not know the person personally, as they could just be spouting propaganda.

I see the problem, you just refuse to acknowledge and accept it. Am I suppose to take the word from a bias court wizard over someone who isn't so bias? Or is that anyone who speaks out against their king is only spreading propaganda theories, and that what they say isn't considered the truth?

Raijin

Why is it a bad thing that High King Torygg gave speeches about the Empire? He was the liege of Skyrim and vassal to the Emperor, he couldn't exactly talk pl*** about the Empire in public unless he declared independence. Even Ulfric didn't speak out against the Empire until he was in open rebellion, before his rebellion he spoke only in terms shy of treason and only at the Moot.

Nothing wrong with giving speeches about the Empire, and giving his government praise, but doing it excessively becomes an annoyance, especially considering the fact that the Empire essentially granted full Imperial authority to the Thalmor to hunt down Talos worshipers which was part of the agreement of the WGC.

http://cs.uesp.net/index.php?game=sr&formid=0x000c0fd3

Like Sayma said "And between you and me? He wasn't even that good a king. All of those rambling speeches about the Empire this, and the Empire that..."

According to the database his speeches about the Empire was overwrought. How can a sane King give overwrought speeches about the Empire when his people are flat out getting slaughtered in his homeland? The fact that the very same Empire that he praises so much for is directly responsible for granting Imperial authority to murder your people for doing nothing more than to worship Talos.

I'm not complaining that Torygg was wealthy. Just that it was in poor choice that he was easily bribed and chosen the Empire over safety of his own people.

Why do you think Saadia did not sought help from guards and even the Jarl as she was being pursued by the Alik'r? While they were barred from entering the city Guards and Jarls can be bought, and thats exactly what the Empire did. They bought out the King just so they can keep Skyrim as one of their provinces.

no but shes a citizen and knows about his policies and his political standpoint. also this is what Sybille has to say when you ask this:
If you ask her why Torygg didn't declare Skyrim's independence she will sum up the relationship of Skyrim and the Empire by stating, "Because the Dominion is a sleeping beast that Skyrim cannot slay alone. Because many Nords are part of the Imperial army even now. Because the food and resources we get from the Empire are important to our people. Because even if we can't openly worship him, Talos the god was once Tiber Septim the man, and this is his Empire. And Torygg wasn't ready to let it fall apart."
So obviously Torygg didn't want to go with Ulfric even though he respected him.

Emperor Titus Mede II already destroyed Tiber Septims Empire. This is what angered Ulfric more than anything. The Empire that he knew would never surrender.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
Emperor Titus Mede II already destroyed Tiber Septims Empire. This is what angered Ulfric more than anything. The Empire that he knew would never surrender.

Pretty much, but thats an Imperial argument and so its in Sybilles quote. Not my personal view however.

Raijin

Pretty much, but thats an Imperial argument and so its in Sybilles quote. Not my personal view however.

http://cs.uesp.net/index.php?game=sr&formid=0x000dd696

"Ulfric Stormcloak was a true hero of Skyrim. He stood up to the Thalmor and refused to turn his back on Talos."

http://cs.uesp.net/index.php?game=sr&formid=0x00094177

You must be devastated by Ulfric Stormcloak's death.

"I don't care what the Imperials say -- when Ulfric Stormcloak died, one of Skyrim's greatest heroes was lost. Now at last, the Thalmor will get their way. The worship of Talos will finally be stamped out. Or so they think. Those true sons and daughters of Skyrim will never cease to worship mighty Talos. If we cannot do so in our temples, we will do so in our hearts. Oblivion take the Thalmor! I'll never give up Talos, not even if it means my life. Let them come and make me a martyr!"

http://cs.uesp.net/index.php?game=sr&formid=0x000a17e8

"The Empire's elven puppetmasters never cared much for the idea of a human becoming a divine. So the worship of Talos is outlawed. Skyrim doesn't take kindly to being told what to do. And to try and forget Talos, well... they may as well ordered us all to cut off our ears."

http://cs.uesp.net/index.php?game=sr&formid=0x00034fa1

Those awful Thalmor can't touch us, thanks to Ulfric.

http://cs.uesp.net/index.php?game=sr&formid=0x0003501b

"With Ulfric dead and the Stormcloaks gone, who will have the courage to champion the cause of Talos?"

J

Jeremius

I see the problem, you just refuse to acknowledge and accept it. Am I suppose to take the word from a bias court wizard over someone who isn't so bias? Or is that anyone who speaks out against their king is only spreading propaganda theories, and that what they say isn't considered the truth?

The problem is that you are taking the word of someone who had no clue at all about what Torygg would have done, and instead spouts what is clearly stormcloak propaganda, over someone who (while maybe biased against Ulfric for killing who she could have considered a son) Raised Torygg, so would have the knowledge that the Shopkeeper lacks.

Someone Close to the person is biased, while someone who has no clue what the person is outside of the public image, while living in a known Stormcloak hold, is not? Sounds like Propaganda to me.

Personally, I think you would be better off in the Stormcloak run Bethsoft Forums.

Raijin

The problem is that you are taking the word of someone who had no clue at all about what Torygg would have done, and instead spouts what is clearly stormcloak propaganda, over someone who (while maybe biased against Ulfric for killing who she could have considered a son) Raised Torygg, so would have the knowledge that the Shopkeeper lacks.

Someone Close to the person is biased, while someone who has no clue what the person is outside of the public image, while living in a known Stormcloak hold, is not? Sounds like Propaganda to me.

Do you think that Torygg just slouches around all day on his throne without stepping outside to interact with his people? With so many people living in Solitude do you think everyone who lives there respects him? Do you think that the pawn store owner is just flapping her lips around with no meaning? You can't prove that shes a Stormcloak sympathizer just because she made an Anti Torygg statement. It means nothing but differences of an opinion. You can not like the Empire and have nothing to do with the Stormcloaks.

You Imperials need to realize that the Empire is not very well liked at the moment. deal with it and quit trying to pull this "stormcloak propaganda" out of your butt already.

J

Jeremius

Do you think that Torygg just slouches around all day on his throne without stepping outside to interact with his people? With so many people living in Solitude do you think everyone who lives there respects him? Do you think that the pawn store owner is just flapping her lips around with no meaning? You can't prove that shes a Stormcloak sympathizer just because she made an Anti Torygg statement. It means nothing but differences of an opinion. You can not like the Empire and have nothing to do with the Stormcloaks.

You Imperials need to realize that the Empire is not very well liked at the moment. deal with it and quit trying to pull this "stormcloak propaganda" out of your butt already.

What I am saying is that it is not about Bias or not, but the accuracy of the information. A shop keeper may be unbiased, but might not have the accurate information, so should nto be considered a reliable source on the subject they are talking about.

Let's say I wanted to know about the Dunmer, I would not ask a Nord or a Redguard. I would go straight to Solstheim and ask the Dunmer themselves.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
And winning the war for man would be personal gain for man. Granted it would also be physical gain, but, you get the point. Lets also not forget that they taught him about Jurgen Windcaller and the Battle of Red Mountain, and how supposedly Kyne was angry and struck them down for their insolence of using the Thu'um to win wars and conquest, Even though its thought that the only reason Kyne gave them the thu'um in the first place to go to war against the Dragons so, the ideology kind of contradicts itself.

The Great War wasn't about winning for men, or personal gain. It was defending against invaders who have come to destroy everything men had achieved. Using the Thu'um for conquest =/= Thu'um for defense.

The mother isn't going to like being told her son was a "stupid traitor" no matter how much you try to sugarcoat it not to mention joking that they "have their son locked up in the cellar"

I'm not saying the guy's father cares. If you read through their dialogue she is blaming them, so he does become rude and sarcastic.

We don't know their personal opinion on Thorald though

Does it honestly matter if we do not know their exact opinion on the man? Their families were close, one is in love with a Gray-Mane and the other inquired about his friend. Just because the two Clan leaders hate each other, it doesn't mean they all do.

Sure each individual has his/her own moral code but as you said the, Empire as a whole, doesn't care about honor while the Stormcloaks, as a whole do.

The Empire cares about the Empire. The Stormcloaks as a whole care about what they consider 'honor', but as Captain Aldis puts it best: "Being honorable might make you a good man, but it doesn't make you right."

Of course, but at least they don't teach their spies to murder innocent old men and do other immoral acts

Again, you believe he is innocent. They don't say if he's innocent or not, and this was just one man's test. It is about carrying out orders.

The Empire doesn't teach spies to murder innocents. The Penitus Oculatus aren't just spies, they defend the Empire from espionage and threats. They're assassins too.

Well then maybe, give them some info about the old man instead of just saying kill him. Maybe say: "We have intel that supports this man as a prime suspect for working with the Thalmor." Then they find the man and realize hes just this old defenseless man, and if some people can't do it, they're the ones who get cut the ones that can, don't. It seems a bit extreme that they just say "kill this random old man as tribute of your loyalty to the Empire" "uhmm, okay"

It is a test. To see if they will do it and how they do it, again this was just one person's test. You're right it does seem extreme, but with all the threats the Empire faces external and internal, you need people who will do the job no matter what it takes.

Colin ends up dead when he lets his guard down and begins to trust someone he believed was on his side, if I remember correctly.

What you call extreme and wrong, it is needed to survive in that line of work. Even in our modern world.

That makes sense. They need to heighten out their Spies, weed out the week, sure, I get that, it just seems a little extreme. They can do that in many other ways as opposed to: "kill this random old man as a test of tribute". I mean, this is the Empire, the lawful watchers over all under their banner. when did they allow murder? Aparrently, when it suits their interests it's totally fine.

When did the United States allow murder? You think they've never assassinated or tortured people to defend their way of life? This is normal in the world of espionage and national security.

The Penitus Oculatus does what is needed to safeguard the Empire, the Blades were the same under the Septim line.

Because they only have half of Skyrim on their side and they're fighting on the offensive against the Imperials (most of which happen to be Nords". The rage fueling the Nord's hearts against the Dominion will be much stronger than the rage against the Empire. The Empire, from the Stormcloaks point of view, just gave up and let the Dominion walk all over it, literally walk all over the Empire (I understand this was the only choice they had). The Dominion, from the Stormcloaks point of view, are the Horrible oppressors

How much land you have doesn't make better soldiers. Training is the key here, the Stormcloaks are a militia, as Galmar puts it: We are farmers! We are craftsmen! We are sons and daughters of shopkeepers, maid servants and soldiers!

And is the Empire just going to sit back as the 2nd Great War unfolds above them, or are they just going to allow everyone to burn?

What? The Empire and Aldmeri Dominion will be fighting, Cyrodiil/Valenwood/Elsweyr will be front lines. Majority of the Legion is already in place on the Dominion's border.

Thats the problem here, if you guys couldn't fight the Aldmeri in a defensive war, albeit, a surprise attack, with more than twice the strength you have now, whats the probability of you fighting an offensive war with less than half the strength you most likely need to fight in a war positioned as such?

The Empire did fight the Aldmeri Dominion, and the Legions did very well. One main army was completely destroyed and the second was left weakened and on the run?

Surprise is devastating in war, and is a major advantage. The Empire didn't have twice the strength, you have to remember;

a) The Empire was unprepared
b) The Military was weaker and was spread across four provinces
c) Hammerfell was weak, divided and wasn't even prosperous for the Empire

The Empire is now prepared, they've spent nearly three decades regaining strength and building their military for round two. Also the Imperial army is gathered where the front lines will be, instead of being very far away.

The Great War 2 is going to happen, you can side with the Empire who can actually reach the Aldmeri Dominion. Hope we win...

Or you can side with the Stormcloaks who are weaker than the Empire, can't even reach the Aldmeri Dominion, have cut the Empire in half near the brink of war and remove needed resources from reaching Cyrodiil.

Imperials will be fighting the elves. Stormcloaks have to rebuild their country, train their armies and hope they don't miss the war.

Rimfaxe96

Colin ends up dead when he lets his guard down and begins to trust someone he believed was on his side, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, he dies. The spy was rather smart though, I mean even the Emperor trusted her (at least to some degree). At some point in the book the Emperor even suspected his own brother a little being the cause of his son's disappearance.

Trust is good, control is better. And trust has no room in neither politics nor espionage.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
8972.jpg
Jeremius said:
10385.jpg
Raijin said:
8972.jpg
Jeremius said:
I really do not see the problem. Bias or not, you cannot take the word of someone who does not know the person personally, as they could just be spouting propaganda.​
Someone Close to the person is biased, while someone who has no clue what the person is outside of the public image, while living in a known Stormcloak hold, is not? Sounds like Propaganda to me.​

Sounds like somebodies braids are stuck in the lawn chair again.

Hey Raijin~ We don't care if we're not liked. While no one really likes the Empire, there are enough people in Skyrim and Hammerfell who hate you guys just as much if not even more. I also remember from my experience(s) in Oblivion that Nords in general aren't well liked. So you deal with that.

Only difference between an Orc running his mouth and a Nord running his mouth, is the Orc will backup his words with action while the Nord will keep rambling on about himself.

Raijin

What I am saying is that it is not about Bias or not, but the accuracy of the information. A shop keeper may be unbiased, but might not have the accurate information, so should nto be considered a reliable source on the subject they are talking about.

Let's say I wanted to know about the Dunmer, I would not ask a Nord or a Redguard. I would go straight to Solstheim and ask the Dunmer themselves.

How do you know that the pawn store owner isn't producing accurate information? Instead you think it's all Stormcloak propaganda.

Why would you go all the way to Solstheimto learn more about the Dunmer when theirs Dunmers right in your own backyard? I assume that Dunmers from Skyrim don't produce accurate information? And that the only accuracy comes from Solstheim?

Sounds like somebodies braids are stuck in the lawn chair again.

Hey Raijin~ We don't care if we're not liked. While no one really likes the Empire, there are enough people in Skyrim and Hammerfell who hate you guys just as much if not even more. I also remember from my experience(s) in Oblivion that Nords in general aren't well liked. So you deal with that.

Only difference between an Orc running his mouth and a Nord running his mouth, is the Orc will backup his words with action while the Nord will keep rambling on about himself.

What do you mean by that? That Nords can't back up what they say? Look at all of the heros from Sovngarde... Ysgramor. Do you even know what became the homeland of the Nords; Skyrim? I'm going to pretend that you were highly intoxicated at the time when you wrote this, and that I'm not going to tear you a new hole with such utter and ignorant statement like that because it isn't fair to argue with a drunk who don't know what he's talking about due to an impaired judgement cause by the booze.

If you want to talk seriously drop the booze bottle and talk to me when your mind is clear.

J

Jeremius

How do you know that the pawn store owner isn't producing accurate information? Instead you think it's all Stormcloak propaganda.

Why would you go all the way to Solstheimto learn more about the Dunmer when theirs Dunmers right in your own backyard? I assume that Dunmers from Skyrim don't produce accurate information? And that the only accuracy comes from Solstheim?

And how do you know that the information IS accurate. I think it is stormcloaks propaganda because I do not know the source of that owner's information, whereas with Stentor, I can be certain that her information would be accurate, because she would have the PERSONAL experience to tell me what I need to know about Torygg and be accurate.

I would go to Solstheim to learn more about the Dunmer because there is a town basically of all dunmer, and I can guarantee that I can get accurate information there. Windhelm may be closer, but Solstheim is a better source of the information.

It is all about the accuracy. I would rather take the biased word of someone who was in a situation rather than the unbiased word of someone who has no clue what the situation was.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts