Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
17715.jpg
Anouck said:
44152.jpg
Lord of Blood said:
Well you the only one who seems to have a problem with it. The format I used in no way hinders or derails the debate. Therefore I see no issue here but I appreciate your unnecessary critique though obviously I don't care about it and can express my ideas in any way I see fit. You got a problem with it then it's a personal problem and not my concern.​
I have to admit I find it rather annoying as well. I know that grammar and paragraphs are not a requirement in this thread, but it does help you when you want to be taken seriously. Many people won't read lengthy posts with lots of text - especially not when that person doesn't use paragraphs which makes it difficult to read.
I don't bother commenting, though. It is not that important to me.​
Proper grammar and spelling was used also consider the fact that I'm mobile by the way. Didn't think not using paragraphs would be a big issue on here as long as my point got across. Though honestly I was so consumed in typing the post and getting my thoughts out that I didn't even realize until after I posted that I didn't use paragraphs. So I do apologize if there was any inconvenience.

Kool. Thx bro-ham.

My grammar and spelling isn't always the best. I caution everyone that sometimes I might go back and edit a post to correct this.

As far as I could tell Nords aren't obsessed with there superiority to the extend of the thalmor, they Hate Elves, yes but they that's a given, since they have been suffering by Mer hands for almost half a century at this point,I think there detest of other races is the fact they are by nature distrusting of outsiders, it's like DM said a while back - given no opponents the Nord cities tend to war among each other. There stunted and backwater more than there intently malicious like the Thalmor

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
as far as I could tell Nords aren't obsessed with there superiority to the extend of the thalmor, they Hate Elves, yes but they that's a given, since they have been suffering by Mer hands for almost half a century at this point,I think there detest of other races is the fact they are by nature distrusting of outsiders, it's like DM said a while back - given no opponents the Nord cities tend to war among each other. There stunted and backwater more than there intently malicious like the Thalmor

Right. But the Thalmor have thusly stated they're gonna invade Skyrim and there's nothing the Nords can do about it. Could you imagine putting these two together, like in the middle of an invasion? Fun for the whole family.

And that's most def going on YouTube.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
As far as I could tell Nords aren't obsessed with there superiority to the extend of the thalmor, they Hate Elves, yes but they that's a given, since they have been suffering by Mer hands for almost half a century at this point,I think there detest of other races is the fact they are by nature distrusting of outsiders, it's like DM said a while back - given no opponents the Nord cities tend to war among each other. There stunted and backwater more than there intently malicious like the Thalmor.

I think this is pretty accurate by the way. Good synopsis.

And now for something more lighthearted​
The oldest of the virgins
she was a Riften lass.
I showed her my mighty weapon
and she showed me her ass.
Oh, we are Ulfric's army.
Each a mighty Thane
we'll pummel your asses
and ravage your lasses
and do it all over again.
The fattest of the virgins
we took her for a whore.
I gave her all me codpiece
she still wanted more.
Each a mighty Thane
we'll pummel your asses
and ravage your lasses
Her sister was from Cyrodil
She cost me 20 Septims.
She showed there was more ways
than one to sow me oats.
Each a mighty Thane
we'll pummel your asses
and ravage your lasses
Her mother was from High Rock
and she was mighty hot.
It took a whole damn iceberg
to cool her burning twat.

Each a mighty Thane
we'll pummel your asses
and ravage your lasses

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Well you the only one who seems to have a problem with it. The format I used in no way hinders or derails the debate. Therefore I see no issue here but I appreciate your unnecessary critique though obviously I don't care about it and can express my ideas in any way I see fit. You got a problem with it then it's a personal problem and not my concern.

I have to admit I find it rather annoying as well. I know that grammar and paragraphs are not a requirement in this thread, but it does help you when you want to be taken seriously. Many people won't read lengthy posts with lots of text - especially not when that person doesn't use paragraphs which makes it difficult to read.
I don't bother commenting, though. It is not that important to me.

Proper grammar and spelling was used also consider the fact that I'm mobile by the way. Didn't think not using paragraphs would be a big issue on here as long as my point got across. Though honestly I was so consumed in typing the post and getting my thoughts out that I didn't even realize until after I posted that I didn't use paragraphs. So I do apologize if there was any inconvenience.

No inconvenience, mate. I just kind of understood the point he/she was trying to get across. Believe me; I've seen people using the worst grammar ever online. You only didn't use paragraphs. That's not a bad thing. :) No need to apologize. :coffee:

Lifts-Her-Tail

I wish this thread was always like this without the constant arguing and unnecessary insults, but there's bound to be a ranterer soon enough :oops:

J

Jeremius

Thing is that the moot is basically a popularity contest. As NENALATA said, Ulfric wants to bring back the old days, where the strong ruled and the weak accepted their lot in life, because they had the strong to defend them.

Torygg became High King only because of his father being the previous High King. If a High King dies without an heir, the more popular among the Jarls becomes the High King. If the High King is too weak to defend himself from a shout, how can one expect him to know how to defend the province properly if the Thalmor do come to Skyrim, and he needs to be out there to defend his people?

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Does anyone know how to defend themselves from a shout? Yeah it is kinda the overpowered talent of the Elder Scrolls let alone the province of Skyrim.

There has been throughout history men who were weak physically but strong enough mentally to actually lead. Just saying most weak of mind depend on pure strength...

J

Jeremius

Does anyone know how to defend themselves from a shout? Yeah it is kinda the overpowered talent of the Elder Scrolls let alone the province of Skyrim.

There has been throughout history men who were weak physically but strong enough mentally to actually lead. Just saying most weak of mind depend on pure strength...

Just saying, that if someone cannot defend themselves, they should hardly be considered strong enough to defend their homeland if needed.

sometimes the strong need to rule, because they are the only ones who can properly defend the people, whether they want it or not.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Ulfric couldn't defend himself during the Great War and got captured.

Social Darwinism, though I do subscribe to it in a way, is no way to lead a nation. Because for a given value of strong one always tries to twist it.

Snake-Brother282

The Saxhleel Slayer
Thing is that the moot is basically a popularity contest. As NENALATA said, Ulfric wants to bring back the old days, where the strong ruled and the weak accepted their lot in life, because they had the strong to defend them.

Torygg became High King only because of his father being the previous High King. If a High King dies without an heir, the more popular among the Jarls becomes the High King. If the High King is too weak to defend himself from a shout, how can one expect him to know how to defend the province properly if the Thalmor do come to Skyrim, and he needs to be out there to defend his people?

This kind of thinking is part of the reason that the Nords devolve into barbarians without the Empire. You're equating physical strength with the ability to lead a nation, which is... Kind of shortsighted. Also the weak don't accept their lot in life because the physically strong defend them, it's because the strong prey on the weak and defenseless.
It's part of the job of a Leader to protect the interests of the people, not to personally confront every threat. That's what a King has an army for. I also don't see the correlation between knowing how to defend yourself from ancient magic, and being able to direct a military campaign to defend your province from invaders.

J

Jeremius

This kind of thinking is part of the reason that the Nords devolve into barbarians without the Empire. You're equating physical strength with the ability to lead a nation, which is... Kind of shortsighted. Also the weak don't accept their lot in life because the physically strong defend them, it's because the strong prey on the weak and defenseless.
It's part of the job of a Leader to protect the interests of the people, not to personally confront every threat. That's what a King has an army for. I also don't see the correlation between knowing how to defend yourself from ancient magic, and being able to direct a military campaign to defend your province from invaders.

The point was that the Moot was a popularity contest. The rest was an example of that. certainly you agree with that.