Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lilpack

#BASEDCHIM
Why do people even support Ulfric? hes a racist tyrant that plays on emotions and feelings of anger to get to the position he's at. his main goal doesnt even seem to be free of the empire. all he wants is to be high king. he greedy man.

the empire has almost always done right by skyrim if memory serve me correct. some of you complain about the injustices the empire does when literally everything you could hold against them ulfric is doing and more. he wants to enslave them forsworn, he wants racial segregation, he wants power and conflict. why do you even support him when the real threat is the dominion? if anything the empire should be supported for the time being until the dominion is gone, then people could peacefully campaign for independence like that ghandi dude

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Ulfric killed the High King. That is all that matters, he isn't allowed to do it. By Imperial Law he committed High Treason, he knew exactly what he was doing by killing Torygg. He knew he was doing something illegal because he fled all the way back to Windhelm before the Legions got involved.

You don't flee from a scene if you did something legal. Ulfric wanted the Empires attention.

Though on a good bit of news, is that Titus Mede II could be assassinated. Stormcloak supporters who enjoy doing that quest, such as Raijin who likes going on about killing Titus Mede II.

You all do realize you're framing the Stormcloaks right?

You kill the Emperors Cousin at her wedding, the wedding is seen as steps towards ending the conflict. Emperors cousin marrying someone who has strong Stormcloak ties, after her death the grooms father says "The Empire killed her to blame the Stormcloaks" or something like that. You also plant a plot letter on the Commanders Son.

Vunwulf,

I agree to your conditions. When the Emperor arrives, I will pass along his schedule, and arrange for all doors to be unlocked, and any posted security to be conveniently absent for a small period of time.

Nothing will stand between your men and his eminence. He will die by Stormcloak hands, and neither my father nor your great leader Ulfric will even know anything is amiss until it is too late.

Leave the first payment, in gold, at this dead drop.

I look forward to continuing our relationship.

Gaius Maro

Now I wonder what the reaction from Cyrodiil would be with royal blood being spilled. They know the Dark Brotherhood ended up completing the contract, they also know the Dark Brotherhood is always hired to do things.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
Ulfric killed the High King. That is all that matters, he isn't allowed to do it. By Imperial Law he committed High Treason, he knew exactly what he was doing by killing Torygg. He knew he was doing something illegal because he fled all the way back to Windhelm before the Legions got involved.

You don't flee from a scene if you did something legal. Ulfric wanted the Empires attention.

Though on a good bit of news, is that Titus Mede II could be assassinated. Stormcloak supporters who enjoy doing that quest, such as Raijin who likes going on about killing Titus Mede II.

You kill the Emperors Cousin at her wedding, the wedding is seen as steps towards ending the conflict. Emperors cousin marrying someone who has strong Stormcloak ties, after her death the grooms father says "The Empire killed her to blame the Stormcloaks" or something like that. You also plant a plot letter on the Commanders Son.

Vunwulf,

I agree to your conditions. When the Emperor arrives, I will pass along his schedule, and arrange for all doors to be unlocked, and any posted security to be conveniently absent for a small period of time.

Nothing will stand between your men and his eminence. He will die by Stormcloak hands, and neither my father nor your great leader Ulfric will even know anything is amiss until it is too late.

Gaius Maro

Now I wonder what the reaction from Cyrodiil would be with royal blood being spilled. They know the Dark Brotherhood ended up completing the contract, they also know the Dark Brotherhood is always hired to do things.

So you acknowledge it doesn't matter how Ulfric killed Torygg? Good, then you have no reason to complain about the Thu'um ever again. It would be grasping straws.))

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Vunwulf,

Gaius Maro

So you acknowledge it doesn't matter how Ulfric killed Torygg? Good, then you have no reason to complain about the Thu'um ever again. It would be grasping straws.))

No, because half of Skyrim claims murder. The Thu'um always matters, that is why it is the talk of the land. He expanded his own legend, everyone in Skyrim is talking about how he shouted the King to pieces.

Grasping at straws is what you and the rest of the Stormcloak supporters are best at. "It's all propaganda".

You claim oppression yet fight for a group who is the most oppressive. You call the Empire an oppressive police state and yet Windhelm is more of an oppressive police state than anywhere else in Skyrim. Either you're a blind man, or you're just ignoring what you see.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard

Vunwulf,

Gaius Maro

No, because half of Skyrim claims murder. The Thu'um always matters, that is why it is the talk of the land. He expanded his own legend, everyone in Skyrim is talking about how he shouted the King to pieces.

Grasping at straws is what you and the rest of the Stormcloak supporters are best at. "It's all propaganda".

You claim oppression yet fight for a group who is the most oppressive. You call the Empire an oppressive police state and yet Windhelm is more of an oppressive police state than anywhere else in Skyrim. Either you're a blind man, or you're just ignoring what you see.

So it matters because it makes him legendary? So Ulfric is now Barney from How I Met Your Mother?

That's stupid. If he is guilty for killing him, who cares if he stabbed him, yelled at him, shot him with a gun or headbutted him to death? He is still guilty of murder in the eyes of the Legion, complaining he also cheated while he would have won without the Thu'um is just crying over spilled milk.))

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
If independence is your goal, Ulfric's violent insurrection isn't a very good means to an end. As of right now, it simply makes more sense to put your backing into the Empire for the time being. The Thalmor are the major threat here, and Mede's Empire is the only thing with the capability to bring them down.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
So it matters because it makes him legendary? So Ulfric is now Barney from How I Met Your Mother?

That's stupid. If he is guilty for killing him, who cares if he stabbed him, yelled at him, shot him with a gun or headbutted him to death? He is still guilty of murder in the eyes of the Legion, complaining he also cheated while he would have won without the Thu'um is just crying over spilled milk.))

You don't get what I'm on about.

Yes, he is guilty in the eyes of the Legion. But he is also guilty in the eyes of many Nord citizens. He may of had more support had he killed the High King with his weapon or he may not have. The fact it is a large dispute is that he used the voice.

Hence why you have, Murder/Honorable Duel between half of Skyrim.

It isn't complaining he cheated. He claims his sword finished Torygg, if that didn't matter why is it such a large topic between everyone in Skyrim? Because of Honor. If you can't understand why that is such an important thing to the Nords, then you're fighting for the wrong group.

Zweihander

First post, woot.

The Empire is dead, to be honest I simply can't see it coming back and taking the fight to the Dominion. After everything that's happened, I doubt the Empire has the ability to take the fight to the Thalmor. What they did was wrong, when they signed the concordant Mede signed his death warrant. All those lives lost, just so at the last minute the Emperor could sign everything away to the Dominion.

Plus I don't like some of the things the Empire does, cutting the heads off of innocent people, outlawing the worship of divines, the people of Tamriel deserve independence.

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
The only thing for absolute certain is that Titus Mede's Empire is dead, even he admits it at his 'resignation'. That Breton guy from the Elder Council is promising some real change. I also find it interesting how the Dark Brotherhood Questline targets all the major players or relations in TMII administration, CDR Maro, Vicci, Emperor himself. It seems the Elder Council is looking for some serious regime change.

Furthermore, the Mede Dynasty, which has proven itself inept, only came into existence thru the Stormclown Interregnum, which itself was caused by the Dragonborn Emperor losing his throne.

Now... we have another Dragonborn, born of Akatosh in the form of Talos who can start a new line of 'Dragonborn' Emperors and is one whom could fill the void left by the death of the Septims, bringing honor back to the throne of the Empire.

This is kind of like what happened with Pelinal and his crusade to unite man against the common enemy. Ulfric & Galmar are of Ysgramor and are not going to unite anyone outside of their followers, they care only for their own kingdom. Elysif in a way reminds me of the Slave Queen, with the nations of man fighting the Thalmor for their freedom and anguishing under well... "us" :)

There's also a chance Hammerfell could come back on board, though not while TMII is still Emperor. Remember, the Empire still saved Hammerfell by leaving that Legion of invalids behind. People who condemn the Empire over abandoning Hamerfell are quick to forget they weren't totally abandoned. And Stormcloaks also forget that Redguard Necromancers journal does not give any guarantee of cooperation between the two parties because the Stormcloaks sat idle and Did Not go to Hammerfell's aid against the Dominion.

I say, give the Empire it's day in court, and rid the Empire of the false Mede Dynasty... Seeing how TMII is responsible for signing the Concordant, with him and his LTs dead, the Empire can place the blame for everything on him and have a new beginning under hopefully the Dragonborn, or at least an Elder Council that does not follow the path that TMII had the Empire on.

If I was an Imperial or one of the 'lesser races', I would rather die trying to accomplish that dream, than live for certain in what promises to be an absolute nightmare that makes the WGC look like an ice cold beer in an ocean of blistering sand.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
First post, woot.

The Empire is dead, to be honest I simply can't see it coming back and taking the fight to the Dominion. After everything that's happened, I doubt the Empire has the ability to take the fight to the Thalmor. What they did was wrong, when they signed the concordant Mede signed his death warrant. All those lives lost, just so at the last minute the Emperor could sign everything away to the Dominion.

Plus I don't like some of the things the Empire does, cutting the heads off of innocent people, outlawing the worship of divines, the people of Tamriel deserve independence.

The Empire isn't dead, it won their battles in the Great War. The Aldmeri Dominion suffered a major defeat during the Great War, losing all of their forces within Cyrodiil. They also were unable to reinforce their soldiers in Hammerfell to hold onto anything they gained from the White-Gold Concordat.

The Empire signed the treaty to regain it's strength for the next round of warfare. Which it has been doing for the last twenty six years, until Ulfric's rebellion has now distracted the Empire and is wasting resources trying to subdue it. The Stormcloak rebellion is something the Thalmor are behind, Ulfric being a Thalmor asset.

The Legions you are fighting within Skyrim are all locally recruited from the local population, Auxiliary Legions. Nearly the entire Imperial Army is sitting on the Dominion's border preparing for war.

"The ordinary citizen will be happy to get back to life as normal, to have their families return home. And they should enjoy it while they can... I suspect all of Tamriel will again be called to arms in the not too distant future." - Legate Rikke

"Most of the Legion is tied down on the border with the Aldmeri Dominion. The Emperor can't afford to risk weakening Cyrodiil's defenses. From the Imperial City, our war here is just a sideshow. An interlude before the main event against the Thalmor resumes." - General Tullius

People in Tamriel can have independence, but not at the cost of what Ulfric Stormcloak is doing. It is much smarter to remain united than divided. The Aldmeri Dominion is three united provinces. The Empire is three united provinces, with Ulfric and the Stormcloaks trying to split away and cut the Empire in half.

Though Stormcloak methods are extreme. Unless you believe Racial segregation, the slavery of a native population and the distrust unwillingness to trade with Non-Nords would make Skyrim a better place?

The only thing for absolute certain is that Titus Mede's Empire is dead, even he admits it at his 'resignation'. That Breton guy from the Elder Council is promising some real change. I also find it interesting how the Dark Brotherhood Questline targets all the major players or relations in TMII administration, CDR Maro, Vicci, Emperor himself. It seems the Elder Council is looking for some serious regime change.

Furthermore, the Mede Dynasty, which has proven itself inept, only came into existence thru the Stormclown Interregnum, which itself was caused by the Dragonborn Emperor losing his throne.

Now... we have another Dragonborn who can start a new line of 'Dragonborn' Emperors and is one whom could fill the void left by the death of the Spetims, bring honor back to the throne of the Empire.

This is kind of like what happened with Pelinal. Elysif in a way reminds me of the Slave Queen, with the nations of man fighting the Thalmor for their freedom and anguishing under well... "us" :)

There's also a chance Hammerfell could come back on board, though not while TMII is still Emperor. Remember, the Empire still saved Hammerfell by leaving that Legion of invalids behind. People who condemn the Empire over abandoning Hamerfell are to quick to forget they weren't totally abandoned. And Stormcloaks also forget that Redguard Necromancers journal does not give any guarantee of cooperation between the two parties because the Stormcloaks sat idle and Did Not go to Hammerfell's aid against the Dominion.

I say, give the Empire it's day in court, and rid the Empire of the false Mede Dynasty... Seeing how TMII is responsible for signing the Concordant, with him and his LTs dead, the Empire can blame everything on him and have a new beginning under hopefully the Dragonborn, or at least an Elder Council that does not follow the path that TMII had the Empire on.

If I was an Imperial or one of the 'lesser races', I would rather die trying to accomplish that dream, than live for certain in what promises to be an absolute nightmare.

You do realize that it was the Elder Council who would of written up the White-Gold Concordat, Titus Mede II as Emperor doesn't have the authority or power to create the terms of the Concordat. The power lies with the Elder Council.

Titus Mede is preparing his Empire for war. The only possible reason to assassinate him is to force a change within Imperial policy, while it may remove the White-Gold Concordat or it may even hand the Aldmeri Dominion the Empire freely.

The Elder Council is made up of the most wealthy, they buy their seats. They're more like businessmen, than people who are caring about citizens. The Thalmor could have simply bribed the Elder Council.

The Dragonborn will never be Emperor, since the player is the Dragonborn and you can be any race or gender. It wouldn't be possible, Beth would never do something like that. It would be lore breaking and also go against everything they have ever done in the past.

The Mede dynasty is much like the Septim Dynasty. Titus Mede & Tiber Septim both became Emperor after taking the Imperial City with their forces.

NENALATA

You do realize that it was the Elder Council who would of written up the White-Gold Concordat, Titus Mede II as Emperor doesn't have the authority or power to create the terms of the Concordat. The power lies with the Elder Council.

Titus Mede is preparing his Empire for war. The only possible reason to assassinate him is to force a change within Imperial policy, while it may remove the White-Gold Concordat or it may even hand the Aldmeri Dominion the Empire freely.

The Elder Council is made up of the most wealthy, they buy their seats. They're more like businessmen, than people who are caring about citizens. The Thalmor could have simply bribed the Elder Council.

The Dragonborn will never be Emperor, since the player is the Dragonborn and you can be any race or gender. It wouldn't be possible, Beth would never do something like that. It would be lore breaking and also go against everything they have ever done in the past.

The Mede dynasty is much like the Septim Dynasty. Titus Mede & Tiber Septim both became Emperor after taking the Imperial City with their forces.

Titus Mede II foresaw his death, he even says so. He knows it's inevitable and for the good of the Empire has come to accept his end. With honor and dignity. He even hints at, "seeing a certain ambition in you..." Titus Mede II is DEAD - GONE - HIS TIME IS OVER. Let 'his' Empire die with him.

The Empire itself however, can still be saved, but not under TMII. He lost all credibility by signing WGC. Be thankful he's gone... it may be the only real saving grace for the Empire. It's TALOS'S Empire remember? And who better to rule it than Talos or one born of Akatosh in the form of Talos.

Btw - TMII signed the WGC against the advice of his General and advisors. The Breton behind his assassination is a member of the Elder Council and has some extensive resources. Chances are the Elder Council in part or in full is behind TMII's assassination.

I will support the Empire. But not Titus Mede's II Empire. Titus Mede II must take responsibility for this mess, accept his failures. Otherwise the Empire will never be able to move on, will continue living in the past and never have a future.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Titus Mede II foresaw his death, he even says so. He knows it's inevitable and for the good of the Empire has come to accept his end. With honor and dignity. He even hints at, "seeing a certain ambition in you..." Titus Mede II is DEAD - GONE - HIS TIME IS OVER.

The Empire can still be saved, but not under TMII. He lost all credibility by signing WGC. Be thankful he's gone... it may be the only real saving grace for the Empire. It's TALOS'S Empire remember? And who better to rule it than Talos or one born of Akatosh in the form of Talos.

I will support the Empire. But not Titus Mede's Empire. Titus Mede must take responsibility for this, otherwise the Empire will never be able to move on.

The player will never become Emperor. Understand that. It will never happen.

NENALATA

And who could have thought the hero of Cyrodil would have become the Mad GoD?
Regardless, another LEGITIMATE DRAGONBORN EMPEROR OR EMPRESS could fix all of this.
And there's only one left so...
ALL. HAIL. THE. EMPIRE. OF. TALOS.

NENALATA

lol I still am a Thalmor. But the game does not allow me to choose any side except Stormcloaks or Imperials. The forum calls for me to decide on a side relevant to the game.

Unless you don't need my help, I was just trying to help you.

Who are you is the question?

I can continue as a Thalmor. Up to you. Though, I would not be the same caliber of Imperial that you are, seeing how I don't agree with the way TMII has run things.

Think of this like New Vegas, just before the big battle for the damn. Various factions (Even some prior enemies) could be convinced to help the NCR.

Well, the Imperials on here are like the NCR. You want my help, yes or no?

Course I could side with "Caesar's Legion" (Stormcloaks) too. And these Stormcloaks are giving you guys a fit. And no matter, you will NEVER be able to win against them defending the actions of TMII. Because this is a fight for the FUTURE not justifying a lack of trying on behalf of the past.

Or I could just remain as Thalmor. You Imperials don't seem very open-minded. Still, the WGC is the equivalent of an Alliance between the Thalmor and the Empire.

So, rather than leave you the Illusion of choice, why don't we just leave it at that. I'm your 'Thalmor Re-enforcements'. =D

I swear with friends like these...

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
lol I still am a Thalmor. But the game does not allow me to choose any side except Stormcloaks or Imperials. The forum calls for me to decide on a side relevant to the game.

Unless you don't need my help, I was just trying to help you.

Who are you is the question?

I can continue as a Thalmor. Up to you. Your choice. Though, I would not be the same caliber of Imperial that you are, seeing how I don't agree with the way TMII has run things.

Think of this like New Vegas, just before the big battle for the damn. Various factions (Even some prior enemies) could be convinced to help the NCR.

Well, the Imperials on here are like the NCR. You want my help, yes or no?

Course I could side with "Caesar's Legion" (Stormcloaks) too. And these Stormcloaks are giving you guys a fit. And no matter, you will NEVER be able to win against them defending the actions of TMII. Because this is a fight for the FUTURE not justifying a lack of trying on behalf of the past.

Or I could just stay a Thalmor. You neither of you guys seem very open-minded. Still, the WGC is the equivalent of an Alliance between the Thalmor and the Empire.

So, rather than leave you the Illusion of choice, why don't we just leave it at that. I'm your 'Thalmor Re-enforcements". =D

I swear with friends like these...

"Oh, you can save your sinister bravado. I'll not go to my grave whimpering like an infant." - Titus Mede II

NENALATA

Course there again.. the first time I saw those Caesar's Legion guys at Nipton they instantly reminded me of the Thalmor.

Then and there again, the NCR's symbol was the bear... perhaps the Stormcloaks are really more like the NCR. Hmm...

Anyways, please, continue. The more the Empire looses this argument, the more powerful we become... just like in Skyrim really.

Finally, when the Empire does die, (and die it shall) just remember one thing... The Stormcloaks may have the ability to fill the power vacuum left behind by the Empire in Skyrim while we on the other hand, have the resources (even Embassies) to move in and re-establish order as well as Thalmor rule over several different Provinces, all at the same time.

ALL HAIL THE ALDMERI DOMINION!!!
THE SAVIORS OF MER, THE RIGHTFUL RULERS OF TAMRIEL!!!
ALL HAIL THE MAD GOD!!!

images
images

images

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts