Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I must say, I think Nirn and Middle Earth are about the same as far as depth goes.

Who would like to see an Elder Scrolls game that takes place outside of Tamriel? Somewhere else on Nirn, perhaps?
I am really hoping for an Akavir game myself

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I like rushing into a base that is occupied by Thalmor, transformed into a Werewolf and just tear them to pieces. It's hell of a lot of fun. And fits into the roleplay of my character.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
So, getting back on topic here, can any Stormcloak supporter here give a short summary (few paragraphs) as to why they support them?

Sent from HTC app Tapatalk

So, getting back on topic here, can any Stormcloak supporter here give a short summary (few paragraphs) as to why they support them?

Do I need to voice it again? Or would going back to my old posts do it for you? :D Sorry I feel like being a smart @$$ right now don't rightly know why.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Do I need to voice it again? Or would going back to my old posts do it for you? :D Sorry I feel like being a smart @$$ right now don't rightly know why.

I was asking for a short, simple summary condensed into a single post. Not spread out over several pages. :p

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Hlaalu says it perfectly.
And for all his trouble he still is sequestered in the Grey Quarter. There are some unsaid words that can easily be inferred that qualify his statement which are that the only way to win the Nords' respect if you're not a Nord is through hard work. His words don't constitute a denial of racism. To the contrary, they affirm its existence by noting that Dunmers have to work harder than Nords to be afforded the basic dignity that is taken for granted by Nords. This is no different than black parents in the United States telling their kids in the latter half of the 20th century that they had to work harder and be smarter than their white counterparts if they hoped to achieve the same things.
The Stormcloaks have enough to deal with with .... the Butcher who is quite a problem.
The Stormcloaks don't lift a finger to deal with the Butcher. You catch him single handedly.
There is also that live-in nanny that the Cruel-Seas have, that Dunmer Bard in the Candlehearth Hall, and the Dunmer sailer, Voldsea.
The nanny living with the family is an exception for rather obvious reasons. It's no different than the concept of the Black Americans who as domestic staff were allowed to live in the homes of rich white families as a convenience to the families in the segregated south of the United States before the civil rights movement. Luaffyn doesn't live at Candlehearth Hall. Dunmer are allowed to work outside of the Grey Quarter. They're just not allowed to reside outside of the Grey Quarter. Voldsea isn't a resident of Windhelm. Technically speaking her home is The North Wind.

The main reason I join the Stormcloaks is because I believe the Mede Empire is too weak. The banned a God, lost too much for them to ever be a threat to the Dominion again and alienated the oldest province of Men. I think that they need to have a quick clean death rather than a long drawn out one. I see the opportunity to do that in Skyrim. Before the Dominion can recover it's losses from the Great War. Many times in Tamriel's history the Empire died and gave birth to a new one. Someone needs to be able rally Men, Mer and Beastfolk.

I honestly think that Mede has burned too many bridges and taken too many wounds for the Empire to recover. I think it would better under different leadership. But for that to happen it needs to break otherwise after Mede dies there will be another Civil War over the throne, Just like when the Septims left it open War of the Red Diamond - The Elder Scrolls Wiki. I see it as this would I rather see an unfit individual on the Throne of Skyrim for a short amount of time and then possibly peace, or a series of wars that ravage the whole of the Empire.

The different provinces of the Empire were accustomed to a strong leadership and see Mede as a failure in a number respects. Hammerfell will not join with the Mede Empire again that much is almost certain, hate in Skyrim that will span generations despite which sides win. But I see a glimmer of hope to heal those wounds after a period of time and become strong again. Kill the Empire and begin anew before the Mer from Alinor can strike back. See a new form of Tiber Septim create a different Empire. One that can save Men and Mer and Beastfolk from the Dominion not hand them over to it.

Ulfric will die, by either the Dovahkiin's hands or someone that he wronged be they Men, Mer or Beastfolk. That much I believe is certain. Leaving the High King and Jarl of Windhelm to more deserving people who have a chance to Heal the land. I don't see that with the Empire or Elisif.

Good enough for you Mr. Self Destruct? EDIT: I don't mean that in a condescending manner. So please don't take it that way. I realized after it posted that it looked that way.

Squirrel_killer-

Have you ever read The Silmarillion?
I have, amazing book. I actually own the first editions of all of the middle earth books (with lack of a better name for that vast collection of books) and damn were some expensive.

Squirrel_killer-

The main reason I join the Stormcloaks is because I believe the Mede Empire is too weak. The banned a God, lost too much for them to ever be a threat to the Dominion again and alienated the oldest province of Men. I think that they need to have a quick clean death rather than a long drawn out one. I see the opportunity to do that in Skyrim. Before the Dominion can recover it's losses from the Great War. Many times in Tamriel's history the Empire died and gave birth to a new one. Someone needs to be able rally Men, Mer and Beastfolk.
I believe the current Empire could recover, however the way to do this is by a hero rising up and traveling to each of the Provinces and requesting them to promise troops to wage immediate war on the Aldmeri Dominion, despite whatever the Emperor says. A hero must unite the provinces in to wage war upon the Dominion. Not because some Emperor or the Legion is ready, but because the people are more than ready and will fight and unify behind the right person and put them on the Throne of the next Empire. On built on the Empire's strengths, its unity, its ability to survive, and its ability to produce some real bad asses.

I honestly think that Mede has burned too many bridges and taken too many wounds for the Empire to recover. I think it would better under different leadership. But for that to happen it needs to break otherwise after Mede dies there will be another Civil War over the throne, Just like when the Septims left it open War of the Red Diamond - The Elder Scrolls Wiki. I see it as this would I rather see an unfit individual on the Throne of Skyrim for a short amount of time and then possibly peace, or a series of wars that ravage the whole of the Empire.
The Mede dynasty must fall, however the Empire must not. There must be a unification of the provinces that happens in a way that allows the Empire become a new, without the provinces ever being exposed to the Dominion.

The different provinces of the Empire were accustomed to a strong leadership and see Mede as a failure in a number respects. Hammerfell will not join with the Mede Empire again that much is almost certain, hate in Skyrim that will span generations despite which sides win. But I see a glimmer of hope to heal those wounds after a period of time and become strong again. Kill the Empire and begin anew before the Mer from Alinor can strike back. See a new form of Tiber Septim create a different Empire. One that can save Men and Mer and Beastfolk from the Dominion not hand them over to it.
The Mede's are weak and must be brought down I fully agree, but killing the Empire is not the way. The provinces must take back their Empire and unite, a new Tiber Septim must rise, but the Empire must not further break apart. It needs it's unity and it needs that unity to strengthen.

Ulfric will die, by either the Dovahkiin's hands or someone that he wronged be they Men, Mer or Beastfolk. That much I believe is certain. Leaving the High King and Jarl of Windhelm to more deserving people who have a chance to Heal the land. I don't see that with the Empire or Elisif.
Ulfric will die, but I do not believe it will be before Skyrim succeeds from the Empire. I believe that Skyrim truly is the Heart of the Empire, and will never truly turn it's back from it. I see believe that the next Tiber Septim will rise from Skyrim to reunite it. The Nords managed to take over Skyrim with a force of 501 men. And they could do a hell of a lot more if led by a leader who will to use the strength of the Nords to unify the provinces. But they must not leave them self open to the Dominion by leaving the Empire.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Wait, Mede is hardly weak, he was fighting against the odds from the start. The signing of the concordant was a good call. He also proves he has guts, he looks his assassin in the eyes and pretty much says "so be it."

Also, there are never "new empires" that are formed. When a line or dynasty ends, a new line comes along.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Sorry, I should have been more clear. It's obviously not irrelevant to there being a Thalmor HQ in Solitude. :p

What I meant is that it has nothing to do with why the Thalmor start arresting and interrogating people in Skyrim. I don't know what significance it's really supposed to have in the game because apparently the Thalmor are never there.
Oh, glad we straightened that out. I also seemed confused why there was no Thalmor, I spent ten minutes sneaking around the whole damn place to find out,

Dagmar said:
That still doesn't equate to having anything remotely resembling due process as we know it. First, a trial may be purely a discretional matter. Second we have no idea what actually constitutes a trial. If you look at some of the older systems of adjudication such as the feudal "justice" system due process was non-existent. Trial by fire, trial by hot water, trial by cold water etc. were all basically methods of torture to produce public confessions with little to no regard for actual guilt or innocence.

Well you are right, nothing I can say against that. Great time debating, reasoning, or whatever you want to call it, with you

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
LOL, that is excellent! I don't always kill Ulfric, but when I do...I prefer the Ice Form shout. It's hilarious AND poetic justice! It does double duty! :D
When I did the Imperial side, Ulfric used Unrelenting Force and threw me across the room. I got so pissed.

"Ok Ulfric listen up. I'M THE fluffING DRAGONBORN AND I fluffING SHOUT PEOPLE AROUND OK! TAKE THIS! FUS ROH DAH!"

In the end he received an awesome kill cam in which I spilled his guts.

Tullius, I just cut his head off, in the position he was, kneeling down.

mast3rlinkx

When I did the Imperial side, Ulfric used Unrelenting Force and threw me across the room. I got so pissed.

"Ok Ulfric listen up. I'M THE f***ing DRAGONBORN AND I f***ing SHOUT PEOPLE AROUND OK! TAKE THIS! FUS ROH DAH!"

In the end he received an awesome kill cam in which I spilled his guts.

Tullius, I just cut his head off, in the position he was, kneeling down.

I didn't get shouted. Now we know that Ulfric is, in fact, capable of a Shout. Although, I was a badass level 40 Nord Warrior with over 400 hit points and a Legendary Daedric Waraxe, couple with Legendary Dragonplate Armor. That may have something to do with it. Ulfric had just stood up, when he knelt in defeat. He was still right in front of the throne for me. Galmar was also really easy.

mast3rlinkx

I wish the final battle on both the Civil War lines was more difficult. The battle where you fight Balgruff was harder.

I don't think they expected you to be as high level as I was when you did the quest. I'm sure if I were at a low level, it would have been much harder.

That said, I have decided to have my little Nord Destruction mage do the Stormcloak quests. It'll be my first time out of the four characters I have. I have my Nord Warrior, an Imperial who hates Ulfric's guts; my Nord Mage, a Stormcloak who doesn't believe that the execution was a misunderstanding; my Khajiit Thief/Assassin, who cares only about herself and won't side with either one; and my Nord Two-handed Warrior, who's a Companion, which should speak for itself. So I have one Stormcloak, one Imperial, and two Neutrals.

Waughin Jarth

The Stormcloaks really don't like people who aren't Nords, so you may want to go with the Empire since they are more accepting of all races. There are no special abilities that you gain from joining one faction or the other; but you get rewarded with different kinds of weapons and armor for your contributions to the cause.

If you want to get involved more in the magic I would recommend joining the Mage's Guild.
I used to like the stormcloaks, but after talking to some of the dark elves in windhelm, I realised that they are really the bad guys here. The empire had to make a deal to save the entire empire and all that the stormcloaks had to do was stop worshipping talos, and they freaked out about it. I think Ulfric saw an oppurtunity to gain power and claim the throne for himself. Also Sybille Stendor said a few words to me that really changed my opinion towards the stormcloaks. She had a very good point, which was that, in life, Talos was Tiber Septim, and he founded the empire. Even if they can't openly worship Talos, the legion upholds what he created in life, and in a way, that's a kind of worship that is a lot stronger than just praying to him. The stormcloaks can't handle the aldmeri dominion, but the entire empire might be able to. MIGHT be able to... I also don't think Ulfric really cares about his cause that much. And I'm pretty mad at the Nords for being so rascist all the time, especially since they're the ones that were originally from Atmora, and the elves actually are the ones indigenous to Skyrim. Also I blame the Nords for what happened to the snow elves