Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ancano

High Justiciar
Right however nothing is ever that simple with the Thalmor. Part of the problem is people keep comparing us to the Empire.

Because the Empire is everything the Thalmor stand against, hate and wish they had. Seeking to rule Tamriel, much like the Empire did, only they have less stability.

It has taken two hundred years to become barely equal to an Empire that was on a steady decline, that was hit the hardest during the Oblivion Crisis, had a seven long year Civil War and had hordes of undead swarm across the land besieging the Imperial City.

Not sure why you thought it was an accomplishment, by not even doing anything they should have been by default equal or stronger due to everything that had happened to the Empire.

They don't live their lives by man's standards. Nor think like you either.

Explains why they're unable to hold territory beyond the borders of Valenwood and Elsweyr.

Reman and the Septim's thought the game was over too. And where are they now?

Where is the Falmer civilization that rivaled the Altmer, where are the the Lefthanded Elves, the Ayleids? Where are the previous two incarnations of the Thalmor?

Reman and Septim both achieved greatness, their dynasties remembered for Eras. How many Thalmor rulers are known? What great deeds are credited to them that wasn't propaganda?

I dunno... there be not but humble Thalmor er.

You're all over the place on this one. Some of it's right, I mean yes the reverse could be true. But even Empire has a bad day sometimes. Point is you don't let it destroy you.

Last edited:

Ancano

High Justiciar
Thalmor always have the advantage.... always. :D

Had. The Thalmor will never achieve the greatness that mankind had with the three Empires. Thalmor ideology of the Fourth Era screws them over, and their arrogance is their greatest weakness.

They're fools, and will get what is coming. They cannot grow in strength, they've weeded out most opposition inside their lands prior to the Great War and threw everything they had in the Great War. All those who can support them already do, they cannot gain any allies either.

Given that mankind breeds rapidly, are able to recover quickly and have all races fight alongside them. I'd say the Thalmor have bitten off more than they could chew.

Fighting one race who has destroyed an elven civilization is hard enough, fighting three who have each brought about the downfall of a race of Mer? Trying to take out Cyrodiil was the worst mistake one could make.

You can "nearly" destroy Cyrodiil all you like. Given the chance they hit back, and when they hit back they conquer.

How loyal do you think Valenwood and Elsweyr will remain after everything they've experienced under Thalmor rule?

Listen Caesar C's make degrees. Proven fact.

Thalmor are Thalmor. Not Imperials.

Last edited:

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Had. The Thalmor will never achieve the greatness that mankind had with the three Empires. Thalmor ideology of the Fourth Era screws them over, and their arrogance is their greatest weakness.

They're fools, and will get what is coming. They cannot grow in strength, they've weeded out most opposition inside their lands prior to the Great War and threw everything they had in the Great War. All those who can support them already do, they cannot gain any allies either.

Given that mankind breeds rapidly, are able to recover quickly and have all races fight alongside them. I'd say the Thalmor have bitten off more than they could chew.

Fighting one race who has destroyed an elven civilization is hard enough, fighting three who have each brought about the downfall of a race of Mer? Trying to take out Cyrodiil was the worst mistake one could make.

You can "nearly" destroy Cyrodiil all you like. Given the chance they hit back, and when they hit back they conquer.

How loyal do you think Valenwood and Elsweyr will remain after everything they've experienced under Thalmor rule?

Holy plops I can finally agree with you :)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Ancano

High Justiciar

First of all, you're begging the point and speaking for former Imperial citizens who don't need you.

Val and Els chose to come over to our side. Who cares if everyone didn't agree with it, enough of them did. That is, chose the Thalmor - Ideology, Spiced Wine, Spider-Silk Robes, pointy ears and all over your tired Empire that never represented them.

Superior breeding is irrelevant when placed against a Superior Mind. Your children will serve the Thalmor.

Ancano

High Justiciar

Question for you... sort of.

You say... "oh yes... hehehe we're going to get them... we are going to *flffing* get those Thalmor bastards - Oh ho they will get what's coming to them..."

Morrowind, Argonia, Hammerfell, Val, Els, Alinor and maybe Skyrim.

When does it end Mage? Are you going to fight the entire world, get back at every Provence who left the Empire or resisted it?

lolz is that your plan?!?? Is that what the Empire is about now? A dramatic quest for vengeance against everyone who committed the crime of leaving your Administration.

If that's the case, your Crusade of Vengeance is laughable and at best will just ruin what happiness club Cyrodiil has left.

If you care so much about these people - let them go and they'll let Cyrodiil go.

Ancano

High Justiciar
Hey Ancano :) Just to let you know I've burnt all of your items at the college. You no longer live there. Also the Jarl banned you from Winterhold so take your knife ears some place else where, Elf.

Oh I'm well aware of the hatred towards me. Tolerance and the old school 'American Way' is over. It's been replaced by this selfish, know-it-all, self-centered mob rule. It's all over the place, the culture is loaded down with it. MTV helped it out alot however it has it's roots elsewhere.

Alright, I'll leave. I look forward to whatever TES VI brings, esp a game in which the Thalmor put the Empire down and perhaps the player starts out as their prisoner or something. It's coming, no one we know can stop the Dominion and I'd say the next storm is going to be far worse for the Empire then the last. Esp with Titus Mede II out of the picture.

People hate the Thalmor yet no one thinks about the causes of these things. Crimes of the Empire for example. Empire, in it's crippled condition can't attack the Dominion, not for a very long time. If it's a couple hundred years that's one thing. But don't look for it. I do hope the Devs won't just axe the Thalmor to pacify the bleading hearts out there (whom have no exp in life) that can't understand cause and effect. I'm shor Tiber Septim was just as nasty to the Thalmor then as they are now.

Payback's a b*tch isn't it?

Last edited:

Rimfaxe96

Just found this meme;

a5427ca19afbc3578aeb52b70f6164ea37da23ec6aa3ba67250923172b6a1fd6.jpg

Now that I think of it, this would be the fastest solution for Ulfric to become High King.
... Even if his rule would be cut short by a Thalmor assassin afterwards.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

You say... "oh yes... hehehe we're going to get them... we are going to *flffing* get those Thalmor bastards - Oh ho they will get what's coming to them..."

When does it end Mage? Are you going to fight the entire world, get back at every Provence who left the Empire or resisted it?

lolz is that your plan?!?? Is that what the Empire is about now? A dramatic quest for vengeance against everyone who committed the crime of leaving your Administration.

If that's the case, your Crusade of Vengeance is laughable and at best will just ruin what happiness club Cyrodiil has left.

If you care so much about these people - let them go and they'll let Cyrodiil go.

The Empire was quite content with its holdings prior to the Great War.

Has nothing to do with provinces having left the Empire, has everything to do with the fact the Aldmeri Dominion isn't going to leave everyone else alone.

Seems like some dramatic quest for vengeance is what the Thalmor plan, for something that happened hundreds of years ago. So they attack people who had as much to do with it as Ulfric did with building the Imperial City.

So "lolz" at your plan failing hard. Couldn't even deal with a greatly weakened Empire... Maybe you need to buy 'Conquering Tamriel for Dummies' at your local book store for next time.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Oh I'm well aware of the hatred towards me. Tolerance and the old school 'American Way' is over. It's been replaced by this selfish, know-it-all, self-centered mob rule. It's all over the place, the culture is loaded down with it. MTV helped it out alot however it has it's roots elsewhere.

Alright, I'll leave. I look forward to whatever TES VI brings, esp a game in which the Thalmor put the Empire down and perhaps the player starts out as their prisoner or something. It's coming, no one we know can stop the Dominion and I'd say the next storm is going to be far worse for the Empire then the last. Esp with Titus Mede II out of the picture.

People hate the Thalmor yet no one thinks about the causes of these things. Crimes of the Empire for example. Empire, in it's crippled condition can't attack the Dominion, not for a very long time. If it's a couple hundred years that's one thing. But don't look for it. I do hope the Devs won't just axe the Thalmor to pacify the bleading hearts out there (whom have no exp in life) that can't understand cause and effect. I'm shor Tiber Septim was just as nasty to the Thalmor then as they are now.

Payback's a b*tch isn't it?

Oh come on, Ancano, we are just playing around here... horse playing if anything else. Don't get your jimmies all ruffled up over there, and by the way.... MTV fluffing sucks.

People hate the Thalmor because Thalmor are arrogant fools, and have a strong hatred for humans, and thinks of them as lesser creatures of cattle. They have a genocidal motivate very much like the agenda of the Nazis back in Nazi Germany. As much as I hate the Empire I would rather have them control Tamriel then the Thalmor. Logically speaking it would be far better that way.

I'm afraid you wont like what gets presented to you in the next Elders Scroll game considering the fact that even Bethesda think the Thalmor are arrogant fools.

Behold the future of the Thalmor
ckFypof.jpg

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/14...ate-the-thalmor-dont-you/page-6#entry22598810

Arrogance do not get you nowhere in life so hows that for Life experience?

Ancano

High Justiciar

The Empire was quite content with its holdings prior to the Great War.

Has nothing to do with provinces having left the Empire, has everything to do with the fact the Aldmeri Dominion isn't going to leave everyone else alone.

Seems like some dramatic quest for vengeance is what the Thalmor plan, for something that happened hundreds of years ago. So they attack people who had as much to do with it as Ulfric did with building the Imperial City.

So "lolz" at your plan failing hard. Couldn't even deal with a greatly weakened Empire... Maybe you need to buy 'Conquering Tamriel for Dummies' at your local book store for next time.

Well, in a way, even Elenwen says: "We only want what is best for Tamriel. Surely, the rebels will accept peace when they realize this."

That could very easily be translated to mean a Tamriel where Empire and Dominion can coexist. As we have now.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Well, in a way, even Elenwen says: "We only want what is best for Tamriel. Surely, the rebels will accept peace when they realize this."

That could very easily be translated to mean a Tamriel where Empire and Dominion can coexist. As we have now.

"We shall have peace. We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of Cyrodiil, and the children that lie dead there. When the lives of the soldiers, whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the Gates of the Imperial City are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet, for the sport of your own crows, we shall have peace."

Rimfaxe96

The more ESO content I read, the more apparent the differences between the new and the old Dominion become.
I actually quite like this "mingle your cultures everybody"-approach of the old one.
Try pulling AltmerxKhajiit romances off in the 4th Era;

Son,

You are a continued embarrassment and a smudge on our lineage and to all High Elves, but it seems you are well-aware of that at this point and simply do not care. Your mother and I are absolutely unable to fathom why you insist on these escapades. And after all we have done for you—the apprenticeship we arranged, the lodgings in Firsthold, and the carefully-researched engagement to a daughter of surprisingly impressive bloodline, all thrown away.

Until you come to your senses, consider yourself cut off from all inheritance. We will no longer finance your education and enable your questionable choices. We will never recognize your “marriage” to that scruffy Khajiit, and will not aid in your indiscretion. We demand the return of all family heirlooms, including your grandfather’s armor, immediately. Do not force us to send someone for them.
Signed and Witnessed,

Your Eternally-Shamed Parents

(Okay, in this case the parents still don't quite like it but at least they aren't going to hunt their son down, or "re-educate" him...!)

Ancano

High Justiciar

"We shall have peace. We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of Cyrodiil, and the children that lie dead there. When the lives of the soldiers, whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the Gates of the Imperial City are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet, for the sport of your own crows, we shall have peace."

Oh my... the poor children. Next time my dear, I suggest you choose peace. Interesting comment, considering it's from lore outside of Skyrim and the tone of which is rather unbecoming of 4th era Imperials.

Your threats mean nothing. Your Empire will fall and there is not you can do about it except sit back and watch. Hell, your own Imperials would probably have you thrown in prison for addressing a Thalmor Justiciar in such a disgusting manner.

You need us. You need the WGC because your Empire failed, had we not succeeded, there would be no need for your Empire to choose to participate in the WGC. Those are the facts, which you claim to live by.

And I'm shor many a Thalmor said something similar when Septim visited the Isles. We're still here... how much longer will you be? The Stormcloaks will ruin whatever dreams you have, that's who I'd be more concerned about. Many people have already been influenced by Ulfric and that's lore now. Whatever happens to the Empire the Stormcloaks will influence the decision. Count on it.

Last edited:

Ancano

High Justiciar
The more ESO content I read, the more apparent the differences between the new and the old Dominion become.
I actually quite like this "mingle your cultures everybody"-approach of the old one.
Try pulling AltmerxKhajiit romances off in the 4th Era;

Son,

You are a continued embarrassment and a smudge on our lineage and to all High Elves, but it seems you are well-aware of that at this point and simply do not care. Your mother and I are absolutely unable to fathom why you insist on these escapades. And after all we have done for you—the apprenticeship we arranged, the lodgings in Firsthold, and the carefully-researched engagement to a daughter of surprisingly impressive bloodline, all thrown away.

Until you come to your senses, consider yourself cut off from all inheritance. We will no longer finance your education and enable your questionable choices. We will never recognize your “marriage” to that scruffy Khajiit, and will not aid in your indiscretion. We demand the return of all family heirlooms, including your grandfather’s armor, immediately. Do not force us to send someone for them.
Signed and Witnessed,

Your Eternally-Shamed Parents

(Okay, in this case the parents still don't quite like it but at least they aren't going to hunt their son down, or "re-educate" him...!)

It depends. The Forced Administration by the Empire (not even counting Reman) compounded by it's utter failure to protect Alinor as well as the collapse of Crystal Tower has done some pretty severe damage to Altmer Tradition. Esp the loss of Crystal Tower - that was huge. A hard slap across the face to every Altmer which resulted in something like a "wake up call" that was some 300 yrs too late.

Septim's "meddling" and interference has done enormous damage already. I'll walk that back what I said about peace... peace is not possible w/ the Dominion, not now. What the Empire took from the Elves is something no one can every bring back. Not unlike the banning of Talos, actually. Rest assured, they will pay and the Thalmor will never stop, never quit, never forget until... well... I'm really not at liberty to say.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts