• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Tulius is a prick as well but what he does doesn't even compare to Ulfric. The problem is the stormcloaks aren't looking at the big picture. Nobody likes the concordant and the empire will eventually fight back.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Man, reading through this thread (just barely managing to avert my eyes from the spoilers!) almost makes me regret joining the Stormcloaks. But a nord's gotta do what a nord's gotta do.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
And lastly, Ulfric seeks to reserve Skyrim only for man and wants all elves and beast races out, he's clearly racist found through dialogue options with him and his first officer.

Jaeger

And lastly, Ulfric seeks to reserve Skyrim only for man and wants all elves and beast races out, he's clearly racist found through dialogue options with him and his first officer.

Where were the khajit in Solitude? In Whiterun? In any of the other empire holdfasts? That makes Balgruuf, Elisif, and the empire racist too. Why are you selective in your "Racist Pig!" finger-pointing?

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
I chose the Imperial side, after revisiting Windhelm following the conclusion of the Civil War questline, and chatting with the residents and new Jarl, I'm proud of the choice I made.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Where were the khajit in Solitude? In Whiterun? In any of the other empire holdfasts? That makes Balgruuf, Elisif, and the empire racist too. Why are you selective in your "Racist Pig!" finger-pointing?

The trading caravans stay out of cities because of the Nords. If you talk to Ysolda about them she talks about how they're unwelcome by the population. It's not the Jarls booting them out, it's the people. Getting back on point the kind of "Skyrim is for the Nords" racist attitude is egged on by Ulfric, and if he'd gain control he'd definitely allow that kind of behavior.

Jaeger

^^

Then how did the Argonian get into Solitude? If they don't like the beast races? Or Riften - who's pro-Ufric?

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
^^

Then how did the Argonian get into Solitude? If they don't like the beast races? Or Riften - who's pro-Ufric?

Yeah, the Argonian is in Solitude which is heavily influenced by the Empire with most of it's government relying on the Empire. Riften is a cess pool where Argonians go because they have nowhere else too, Riften's jarl is likely apathetic anyways.

Jaeger

Yeah, the Argonian is in Solitude which is heavily influenced by the Empire with most of it's government relying on the Empire. Riften is a cess pool where Argonians go because they have nowhere else too, Riften's jarl is likely apathetic anyways.

So why can't the Khajit go into those cities, which is what I asked?

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
See above, they stay out because they aren't welcome by the population. It isn't the Jarl that forces them out, it's the people living there. Ysolda explains this.

Jeff the DragonBorn

I was leaning towards the Stormcloaks BUT NOW am favoring the Imperials.

Can we maybe put this in a Democratic vs Republican standpoint so I can get a better perspective.

Doubtful, Jeff, because Skyrim takes place in a feudal-lite fantasy setting in an alternate universe with polities that barely approximate contemporary nation-states, let alone the internal power dynamics of 21st century post-industrial capitalist hegemons. Also, this:
Can we maybe put this in a Democratic vs Republican standpoint

axiomatically contradicts this

so I can get a better perspective

A more accurate historical portrayal of differences might have the Imperials represent declensionist Rome, and the Stormcloaks represent the Germanic tribes of the 4th-5th century CE. Gay marriage, the welfare state, or abortion aren't really in the purview of Skyrim's domestic conflict.

Jaeger

See above, they stay out because they aren't welcome by the population. It isn't the Jarl that forces them out, it's the people living there. Ysolda explains this.

And the people living there are every other other race (hell, even Dunmer - the most, universal despise race). The first taste of racism I experienced was from Faendal (riverwood is pretty nice - for a Nord village). If I said that, in a modern context about....Inuits...people would look at me, that's racist.

If it's thievery with the Khajit, why aren't the Bosmer denigrated? There's a book about merchants where it says even Bosmer and Khajit storekeepers don't trust Bosmer and Khajit customers, respectfully. Is it something else? What happens during these moon sugar rushes? Do they go butt wild and bring out the claws and attack anyone and everybody willy-nilly?

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
Nords racist against elves, Imperials are the logical choice here.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
And the people living there are every other other race (hell, even Dunmer - the most, universal despise race). The first taste of racism I experienced was from Faendal (riverwood is pretty nice - for a Nord village). If I said that, in a modern context about....Inuits...people would look at me, that's racist.

If it's thievery with the Khajit, why aren't the Bosmer denigrated? There's a book about merchants where it says even Bosmer and Khajit storekeepers don't trust Bosmer and Khajit customers, respectfully. Is it something else? What happens during these moon sugar rushes? Do they go butt wild and bring out the claws and attack anyone and everybody willy-nilly?

The first paragraph only strengthens my point, its the population that doesn't welcome other races. While racism would exist whether the Empire was in control or not the point is that Ulfric encourages this behavior while Titus Mede II doesn't.

The reason most Bosmer and khajit shopkeepers distrust other Bosmer and khajit is because they look at things with a business oriented perception. And because the stereotype for both khajit and bosmer is that of a shady thief they openly distrust them.

Panthera

Don Gato
Just like Xiomn said, follow race lore. So by my opinion only if you are Nord race you could support Stormcloaks because they are the only ones who can be blinded by Ulfircs patriotism, for other races I don't see any reason to join to Stormcloaks (Ulfirc patriotism can be appealing for Nords while for other races can be quite repulsive, specially for beast races and elfs).

Although even if you are Nord it is not necessary to join Stormcloaks because even between Nords is divided opinion about it.

(SPOILER!) As a Khajiit there is no way I would join Stormcloaks even though I killed Emperor as assassin, but because of my patriotic feelings for empire I fulfilled the Emperor's dying wish.

Sps Drake

In the Thalmor embassy you will find a dossier. The name on this dossier is Ulfric Stormcloak. It details how Ulfric is actually a sleeper agent for the Thalmor. The reason they were at helgen was to prevent him from being killed (Alduin showed up). He may seem racist to every non nord, but could you join his side knowing that it might be just a ruse to hide the fact that he is a Thalmor agent? I couldn't so I joined the Imperials. Well, all that, and he almost got me executed.

Nigth Assassin

Nightingale
If someone is a Dark Elf they should join Stormcloacks (hehehehehe)

Niflheimr

In the Thalmor embassy you will find a dossier. The name on this dossier is Ulfric Stormcloak. It details how Ulfric is actually a sleeper agent for the Thalmor. The reason they were at helgen was to prevent him from being killed (Alduin showed up). He may seem racist to every non nord, but could you join his side knowing that it might be just a ruse to hide the fact that he is a Thalmor agent? I couldn't so I joined the Imperials. Well, all that, and he almost got me executed.

The Thalmor were at Helgen and were connected to the return of Alduin? Wow, never knew that.

In the same dossier, it says that the Thalmor are not connected to the return of Alduin. It mentions that it was coincidental. Ulfric is not a "sleeper agent", he is listed as a "dormant asset", and one that can be manipulated but would resist any "overt" attempts to be bought off or used by the Thalmor. Just because Ulfric was manipulated as an asset does not make him an "agent". He is not aware of the role of the Thalmor in the Markarth Incident, nor is he consciously working for them.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts