I'm trying to clean up my Quests but, darnit! They keep adding more!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Am wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Every time I play I try to clean up at least one of my Main quests and one of my Miscellaneous quests, but one thing leads to another and another quest gets listed!

While I don't mind a challenge, I am a bit worried that they will just keep on coming. I don't have time for any exploring with all the quests! Is there a limit to how many can be on your list? Is about 10 of each too many?

Thoughts?

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Am wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Every time I play I try to clean up at least one of my Main quests and one of my Miscellaneous quests, but one thing leads to another and another quest gets listed!

While I don't mind a challenge, I am a bit worried that they will just keep on coming. I don't have time for any exploring with all the quests! Is there a limit to how many can be on your list? Is about 10 of each too many?

Thoughts?

Shut em all down and go exploring. :)

coinop25

My personal goal to clean out my quest log was dashed when bugs prevented several quests from eing completed. Now I just try to keep things so I don't have to scroll to see the whole list of quests. It's a more achievable goal.

Daelon DuLac

I'm not really complaining about them, but I would like to get them done (fortunately I only mark one at a time). There are three that I am simply loathed to work on - 1) the one in Whiterun about the guy that dissappeared and that the Battle-Born have information; 2) The one where I need to go to the Thalmor embassy for the Dragonborn sequence to the party where I need to be a spy; and 3) The Forsward Consipiracy (not really a problem, but I get tired of having the guards in my home city threaten me - and I'm a Yarl! - if I continue digging.

Saozig

Hippy
No, no limit to how much of other people's crap that the game can pile on you. Suck it up, Dovahkiin!

My first charcter got swamped by a neverending list of open quests. I know that feeling. Eventually you learn how to avoid talking to certain people, not opt for that certain line of dialogue, not reading that letter someone gave you, and so on. I hate the ones that are forced onto you, like just walking past a Windhelm guard who mentions the Arentino kid gets that added to your misc list or showing up at falkreath after level 10 means you now have an objective to find that bleeping dog. Update my map, fine, but let me have some power over my quest journal, please!

But I had to learn to keep my quest list manageble, although it took a few characters. Tip: when someone starts a dialogue with you that you know or suspect will lead to a quest or objective being added and you don't want it, exit the dialogue without responding. That way when you're ready, you can just go back and start up that dialogue and then get the quest/objective. That works in most, not all, cases.

Drax Rifter

I usually do them in groups. Follow the main quest lines and when they send you to a specific area you can do all the kill X or fetch quests at once. The quests I hate in my log are the delivery or meet X in cities. The Book of Love quests drive me crazy for that reason. I've also been know to forget about cashing in bounties. I really can't be bothered.

Daelon DuLac

No, no limit to how much of other people's crap that the game can pile on you. Suck it up, Dovahkiin!

My first charcter got swamped by a neverending list of open quests. I know that feeling. Eventually you learn how to avoid talking to certain people, not opt for that certain line of dialogue, not reading that letter someone gave you, and so on. I hate the ones that are forced onto you, like just walking past a Windhelm guard who mentions the Arentino kid gets that added to your misc list or showing up at falkreath after level 10 means you now have an objective to find that bleeping dog. Update my map, fine, but let me have some power over my quest journal, please!

But I had to learn to keep my quest list manageble, although it took a few characters. Tip: when someone starts a dialogue with you that you know or suspect will lead to a quest or objective being added and you don't want it, exit the dialogue without responding. That way when you're ready, you can just go back and start up that dialogue and then get the quest/objective. That works in most, not all, cases.
Thanks! Those are great tips.