I'm probably about to commit lore-rape, but...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
I'm really intrigued with Dwemer culture and am really tempted to write some fan fiction based on an emerging Dwemer hero.

But here comes the lore-rape...

I know that the best race to use would probably be Bosmer or Dark Elf, but I'm extremely tempted to create a back story whereby (through circumstances I won't reveal just yet) an Orc/Bosmer Dwemer emerges from isolation.

Am I crossing a boundary? Is it a step too far?

I'm only new to TES lore so be gentle with me. I want advice on this from people that know a damn sight more than I do...

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
Well it is your fanfic, be creative and make it however you want. :D

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
I don't quite understand what you're trying to do. You want to make either a Bosmer, Dark Elf, or Orc as some sort of Dwemer Hero? What sort of hero? No race playable could ever match an actual Dwemer lore wise or appearance.

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
I've pegged the idea back to something a little more 'lore-friendly' and been more restrained with my backstory.

I want to get this right (I want an original idea, but with the authority of lore and the support of the community should I write it...)