I'm convince Hjerim is more haunted than bugged.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I know all houses have their bugs but the ghostly mists and the playful ghost-like occurrences have me convinced there is a ghost. Try placing items from your inventory in various places, especially upstairs. e.g. I placed a dwemer bowl on the floor by my bed and put blues flowers and butterfly wings in it. I left, came back and the bowl is gone and the wings and flowers are arranged in a perfect triangle. I put a rare Honning (sp?) jeweled vase on top of a shelf and it's now the shelf below it behind some tankards. Circlets are moved from displays cases on to the floor and ghost blades disappear forever once place in a weapons rack.

I think the developers did this intentionally.....at least some of it.

Creepy! And that is thew house most likely to be haunted, judging by its history.
Yeah, I was reluctant to mention any spoilers but the hostory coupled with what I have mentioned makes it pretty creepy. That mist I mentioned is very noticeable if some light is coming in from outside.
Anyway, if you own this house, try manually decorating it as I mentioned (putting things on the floor, shelves) I even put some dwemer scraps in that empty room upstairs along with a drum and a torture tool kit, everything gets moved around except the torture tool kit. I don't mind stuff moving around but I don't like it disappearing.

Everytime I go upstairs in hjerim all the weapons on my rack are thrown all over the floor even though I put them back every time.

I have also had to close the weapon cases on more than one occasion. It's either ghosts or my housecarl Plays dress up when I'm not there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wakka

damn nature you scary
i aint had things moved as such but my house in solitude strange stuff does happen, if i put a book on the table it vibrates around then falls off. the mannequin vibrates too, also hear sounds like someone is smithing in the house even tho both people are in the main room upstairs :S

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
It's well know that Hjerim is the most bugged house in the game but by now all those glitches should be fixed, i have no troubles with it on the 360

It's well know that Hjerim is the most bugged house in the game but by now all those glitches should be fixed, i have no troubles with it on the 360

So if you don't mind, customize you house by placing bowls on the floor with hers/flowers, try placing items on shelf (All this using your 'pick up' option to place inventory around and see what happens. What a cool bonus quest would be to simply call it haunted, create a quest to get and artifact to banish all spirits which fix all bugs.

Neriad13

Premium Member
So if you don't mind, customize you house by placing bowls on the floor with hers/flowers, try placing items on shelf (All this using your 'pick up' option to place inventory around and see what happens. What a cool bonus quest would be to simply call it haunted, create a quest to get and artifact to banish all spirits which fix all bugs.

Ah, if only it could be so easy. Maybe there could be a "Bug Banish" weapon enchantment too.

Ah, if only it could be so easy. Maybe there could be a "Bug Banish" weapon enchantment too.
Amen to that but that would be a clever way to fix a bug?...create a quest around it. :coffee: <-- Pretend that is a light bulb.

XbSuper

I've never seen any of this, I tried decorating hjerim with my own stuff, but all it does is fall off the shelves/tables onto the floor. Never had any ghostly arrangements of items. And my display cases, weapon racks, and mannequins work perfectly.

I've never seen any of this, I tried decorating hjerim with my own stuff, but all it does is fall off the shelves/tables onto the floor. Never had any ghostly arrangements of items. And my display cases, weapon racks, and mannequins work perfectly.

Really? I can't put helmets on the mannequins. (No head-gear) It is still in the mannequin's inventory but it never appears.

I have one display case with necklaces and one circlet. The circlet is always out of the case on the floor but the necklaces stay put.

Try putting a bowl on the floor (preferable a dwemmer) with some herbs near your bed and see what happens.
In fact any dwemmer stuff seems to make the ghost extra playful.

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
It's just Havok glitching, it happens in a lot of places in Skyrim. Hjerim seems to be the worst for it though.

It's just Havok glitching, it happens in a lot of places in Skyrim. Hjerim seems to be the worst for it though.
Turns out that one room where all of the Dwemmer Metal, lute, drum and skulls kept moving around was the room the housecarl got which is now furnished. Maybe that will stop the ghosts....having a housecarl guard it.
;)

SilentOne

I never had these problems with Hjerim,but every time I go upstairs I feel like there is someone is behind me...And I know it isn't my wife because she is a Blades member now and is now at Sky Haven Temple.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts