• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
apparently I was bitten or something, now when I'm in the daylight I'm hit on health for a second, no big deal, " but " I'm on a quest and towns people will attack me when I don't exprct it .......how do I solve this problem?

thanks, I did a search and found something on curing vampirism,....... does anyone know how you become a vampire, and is being a vampire useful anywhere in the game?

havent been one, but some others have, keep an eye out for those who have it wrote in their post suffix, expreinced in vamperism and ask them, or if thats considered rude(new to this kind of forum thing) post a new thread in help with concern for vamp pros cons

AvonleaNord

Yup you can cure it from a quest, and I think the cure might he permanent... You caught it from an enemy in a fight, there are a number of diseases you can pick up while fighting enemies. The game will flash you a status message that you contracted x disease, but the messages are easy to miss. If you click Magic > Active effects menu, it will show you any disease you have in red. Townspeople will also make comments like are you feeling unwell or you look ill.

You can cure any disease you contract with a Cure Disease potion (carry a few with you), or go to the temple in any major city and activate the shrine and heal for free. It's a good idea after every quest to hit a temple when you go to town to sell loot... Just in case. In Whiterun the temple is right above the shops, up the steps and behind the old tree. The shrine is in the back and looks like a pastel bike helmet. Click it to activate and you'll see the healing blessing take effect.

You usually have a couple days of game time until diseases will get full blown. Now you have to do the quest to get rid of the vampire bug, nothing else will cure it.