Xbox 360 Illusion / Conjuration build help please!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Okay so two of my least favorite skills would probably be Illusion and Conjuration. I'm an "in your face" type player, like melee, or the strategy of using destruction or archery with sneak. So I had decided to make a pseudo-psychic build, an imperial (for calm) which used a conjured sword, mixed in a little illusion and was in light armor. Basically it was another fighter with the occasional illusion spell thrown in.

So now I'm determined to make a character that actually uses both conjuration and illusion. A couple of ideas are floating around in my head, not fully fleshed out:

(keep in my I don't have Dawnguard)

1) Vampire Necromage Illusionist - Cloth mage, probably dark elf to deal with the fire vulernability, but it seems like a lot of people have done this.

2) Necromancer Route - Likely light armor or hooded black robes, raising undead, maybe an Altmer or something unconventional like an orc or redguard

3) Shaman/Druid route - Illusion on animals, Bosmer most likely, little bit of destruction mixed in.

4) Elementalist Knight - General Tullius' Armor, imperial gear with closed helm, nord or imperial, emphasis on summoning elementals.

5) Your idea - I'm looking for something unconventional, creative, and that focuses on Illusion and Conjuration. Somebody must have tried something off that wall thats interesting and that works.

My most powerful is BAMFO, a pseudo-teleporter, but this is one of my favorite combos, so there's lots. He's a Shadow Summoner, which combines Atronachs/ Dremora with Invisibility, so you can stay out of the fight. No armor, nor Sneak, 100 health, never gets hit. Use Wuld, and Invisibility to diappear here, and reappear over there, recast Dremora Lords for a similar effect, leapfrog around the battlefield...

Entry level is Spellsword, using those two schools instead of Destruction. Altmer for Fury right out the gate, and I suggest the Ralof door for immediate access to Heavy Armor. Not full suit, wear the captain's armor until you get down to the basement, then swap in robes for minimal encumbrance. This isn't a tank, but the least you can wear so you don't have to invest (much) in Health. Run for High Gate Ruins to get Flaming Familiar, and Vokun. The former is your primary offensive weapon. Lead with Frenzy to get them all clumped together in the blast radius, and finish any survivors with Bound Sword. Illusion, Conjuration, 1H, and just a splash of Heavy Armor, but you won't get hit enough to earn much experience in the latter. Other than that, almost purely offensive. Grind up to better summons, twin souls, and so forth with that, Stormies should be able to ground any Dragons until you can rend them, but your primary quest arc is TCoWH.
1024x819.resizedimage

Necro-Mentalist is another variation, only the combo is Frenzy, then raise the bodies when they start to die. This eliminates the worst problem with a pure Illusionist, that the suvivor can often kill you. Again, it's nice to have Bound Sword for a backup, or fights where there's just 1 (Rage just makes them attack you more!) Heavy Armor/robes, Vokun, Flaming Familiar might be nice for backup, but otherwise the only difference is perk selection. I'd still get at least one Summoner so you don't have to get too close to the Moshpit. Less efficient, and more challenging, but chock full of Evil fun.

Shield Summoner uses the Targe of the Blooded/Ysgramor's Shield instead of the sword, because it's a lot more protection for a lot less perks. You can Turtle, and bash, while your summons, turncoats, and/or zombies do most of the killing, don't have to stay out of the melee nearly as much, nor need any more armor, once you get the timing down. Drop Mystic Binding...

I have full builds, and training itineraries for all of these, if you're interested...

Wow, those are all pretty good ideas.

I think I might try a build I haven't posted, a bard type build, either an imperial, breton, or redguard, and something along the lines of the shield summoner.

ShadowGambit

Trickster - Bombers

Illusion
Conjuration
Alteration
Sneak
Heavy Armor

Wabajack as a Main weapon. Flaming familiar as "time bomb". A lot of fun but risky. That's why you have to keep a calm/pacify ready somehow, in case the enemy turns into something too strong for your minions. Stay hidden. Heavy Armor is mostly for Vokun (a must) and Ebony Mail.