Illusion and Alteration: 2 Schools that are a Joke

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

feliciano182

There's a little school called "Destruction" which is actually useless at higher levels.

Frankly, the ability to make people fight each other, make yourself invisible, walk without a sound, or to pacify angry characters, is some of the most fun I've ever had in an RPG.

jaredb

dont know why everyone's so down on these 2 schools, i found candlelight/magelight, clairvoyance, transmute, muffle, invisibility, paralyze/mass paralysis to be essential spells for questing & probably use them more than the destruction/restoration schools

Saozig

Hippy
Paralyze/Mass Parlysis and Calm/Pacify/Harmony are such an awesome spells. It took me too many characters before I appreciate them.

Fear/Rout/Hysteria--useful if you can stay calm in a battle yourself--although admittedly I usually let Marcurio do the Fear casting.

Clairvoyance--helped me my way out of a Dwemer ruin more than few times

Muffle--I abuse that spell so much I had to make a no-magic character to force myself to not rely on it.

Magelight--damn, this vampire den is dark--would hate to miss any good loot. Lemme cast a few Magelight orbs and...ew, are those...eyeballs?!?

Transmute--GOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!!!!!!!!! Get yerself a ton of iron ore, some high level Robes of Alternation and a Circlet of Major/Eminent Magicka and make yerself some GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!!!!!!!!!

Waterbreathing--if you're not an Argonian, this beats all other underwater alternatives. Unless you like carrying around potions or a piece of armor with an waterbreathing enchantment.

Detect Life--I see you, bitches. I'm coming to kill you. (granted Level 3 Aura Whisper is better than the spell, but more work to obtain)

Detect Dead--I see you, corpse bitches. I'm coming to loot you.

Telekinesis--fun spell, handy in creative ways. Pity you don't get to use it much in quests. You really should.