• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Katastrophe

King of Tales
This shall be a rough translation of my real life into Skyrim terms.

My father is the son of a miner (ex-Imperial Navy officer during the Great War) and a teacher, both of whom have since retired, though my grandmother earns a few more septims by watching the town children or aiding in the local market square. My grandfather just stays at home, living off the remnants of his military pension. My mother was born from an alchemist mother and a sort of entrepreneur father... but he really just works and runs the odd business. He makes most of his money repairing local carriages and some farming equipment, but it's far from regular business. That grandmother has since retired.

I was born young. Both of my parents became drunks at a young age - the occasional bits of moon sugar here and there to get them buy. After I was born and they tried to make it on their own, they needed money. A local Redguard man got them into the Skooma trade - often trading the drug for food rather then coin. It wasn't long before they were caught and arrested and I was readied to be put into Honorhall. At the last moment, my mom's parents spoke up and raised me themselves. I spent a good bit of time at my father's parent's as well, but the older I grew, the less I visited them.

At present, I work in the markets and spend my evenings after work at tavern with my fellow workers. On my days off, I usually roam around the outskirts of town, reading books if not penning my own. It's something I aspire to do, but something I often struggle with. In my youth, I took up the art of fencing - mostly for self-protection. Thankfully, I haven't had much use for it. I also practice archery in my spare time, but it's rare I go hunting. Perhaps I'll save enough to afford a proper hunt that will turn me a profit...

Max the Daedric

Proud member of PAHAAA & Daedra worshipper
As I am a nerd IRL, I reckon I would be a destruction/illusion mage at the college. I also have a bow, so I would hunt animals while casting invisibilty to get close to prey (I'm very quiet). Or I would become a DB Assassin, casting fireball in peoples' faces, after introducing myself. And in my spare time, I would drink at the Riften BlackBriar meadery. And IF I wasn't doing that, I would probably become a farmer. :D

jr866gooner

I would do as im trying to now. Get and build up a nice family home in white run. Ive not explored too much yet but I would be an explorer as in real life id run away from most of the stuff i come across in game!!

Id be a helper and do good for fellow people catching bsd people.
Still im yet to explore all towns so until i see all the sights my place to settle down may change yet! ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
27776349.jpg
27438384.jpg
31549676.jpg
Skyrim Tour Guide.​

Davesgeneralgoods

I think I'd just want to live a humble life, farming and living off the land :)

I love that thought and always wanted to do it, it's a shame that everything is so material these days and people can't catch a break, yet in say... Indigenous tribes, things like that they make a life from it.

On the other hand....An adventurer would be absolutely amazing. But like Kylee I REALLY hate spiders, it makes me jump when they just sneak up on me in the game, let alone if it was real life :sadface:

Irish

Thane of Solitude
If I applied my life to the "rules" and ways of Skyrim, I would most likely serve as a financial advisor to a Jarl and handle all of the Hold's taxes (think the IRS), preferably in Winterhold so I could put those tax dollars to use by rebuilding the city to its former glory. It would be a tough task, but I like challenges. :)

What I'd really want to do is open a clothing store, like Radiant Raiment (sans the snarky attitude, of course), in Whiterun because of it's central location in Skyrim for trade/industry. I'd renovate Breezehome and turn the bottom floor into my shop, leaving the upstairs as my living quarters. I would go on adventures to find the rarest gems and pieces of jewelry (especially amulets and circlets) to stock my shelves, but because Dwarven ruins scare the bejesus out of me, I would have to hire someone to explore them. :)

Mannulus

Article Writer
I would most likely become a hunter, sleeking through the early morning dew and late afternoon haze hunting for leather, venison, antlers, etc. Big game and small game, they are the same with my bow.

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
It's likely I would be Cicero :sadface:

And I'd play with magic in my own realm of sanity. :D

sticky runes

I'd probably apply for a job at the Radiant Raiment. If I get to help some dashing Nordic warrior pick out an outfit, that'd be great!

If that doesn't work out, I'd join a temple.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Bard. It fits my personality. I love to travel, tell jokes/stories and bash a few skulls.

Belle

Fool of Hearts - Laughter Incarnate
This is a really great topic idea! :)

Probably a thief. I think I scared my parents a little when I was a kid. I decided I wanted to be a thief like Robin Hood, then I came up with intricate plans on how to steal things and sneak around. Then when I was about nine, the only reason I stopped obsessing about it was because it was 'incorrect.' In the Skyrim world I could make it happen XD

If not, probably a scholar at the College of Winterhold. Being a mage would be pretty cool. :cool:

Saint Vicious

Still sober
I'm my real life, i'm a farmer (cotton, peanuts main crops. I also grow about a four acre garden for the freezer every year), I also do contract work for sawmills as a machine mechanic. I'm good with tools and metal working. That could really work in my favor in a Skyrim world. I'm also a dedicated bow hunter, I already live off the land. I only eat deer, hogs, anything wild. I only go to a grocery store for bread. So, chuck me into Skyrim anytime you want, I think i'll do alright for myself.

I can even the odds with real world knowledge too. Mages cast fire balls. I can make molotov cocktails. I know the mixtures for black powder, flash powder, and nitrate explosives (you must have a license to make and work with explosive in real life, as a farmer i'm permitted for tree stumps and other things that just need to be blown up.)
So in Skyrim, I would probably "invent" guns. I'd much rather shoot a dragon than stab one with a knife. Than in my old age I would be the drunk at the bar. That's about it.

Adventurer

As an Imperial I would have a management job at the Eastern Empire Company and would reside in Solitude. As a hobby I would hunt in the surrounding of the city with a bow.
If he situation in the civil war gets tougher I would join the Empire. I forgot to mention that I am a retired Imperial Legion Officer and the Legion suggested me to the company I work for as I led a logistics unit in the years before retiring from the army. Therefore I can join the cause if need be. Tullius knows me as I served in his staff. If done so equipment is Sword and shield with heavy armor.

Adam Belmont

I like magic, but I would not have the patience to be a scholar, inside a college and studying all day and night, I've already did that in real life and it's boring as hell. I think I'd join an army, the Companions or if any of this didn't work, I'd be a guard in a city. A simple life, not too fancy.

I would want to enrol at the College of Winterhold...if I managed to reach the place alive. That or enrol in the Imperial Legion.

MiniPea

The Dark Lord of Skyrim
I'd most likely be a secretive worshipper of Molag Bal or Sheogorath.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts