If you could write your own spells...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Yep; ditto on the Summon Bear (of any type) and Summon Sabrecat. Those both would be great for a druid or ranger type of character.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I don't know about new spells, but I would have liked to be able to combine some (most) spells to get a different effect.

Flaming Ice Spear- Does X damage, melts on contact, target 10% weaker against Shock for 10secs
Bound Bow of Paralyze- Kinda self-explanatory
Fear of Flames- Does X damage, target won't enter flames for X seconds
Poison Ebonyflesh- Ebony Flesh stats plus targets within range take X poison damage per sec

Off the top of my head and kind of lame for the most part but you get the idea.

Chadonraz

How about, "Summon warm bed" or "Summon bottle of mead/beer"

Oh, you have no idea how many times I've wished there was a spell tome called "Conjure Warm Bed" in the game. Especially when I'm playing a character whose only 30+ skill is Conjuration. :)

In addition to that, Levitation would be a must, and probably Water Walking as well. I know the latter effect can be achieved in Skyrim, but it's not the same a a simple spell.

Bound Pickaxe definitely sounds great... and while we're at it, Bound Woodcutter's Axe would be handy, too. :D

A locking spell could be used to trap enemies who know how to use doors - or to lock them out while you recover health/magicka/stamina inside.

I also like the Summon Sabre cat/Summon Bear idea. I've wanted to have a pet Snowy Sabre Cat for months now. And who wouldn't want a bear (that won't turn into an ash pile) fighting for them, just for a change? :p

Bulldog

I woul dlike a bound pickaxe and woodcutter spell. I would also like a bound dagger since I use them more than swords.

I think in a way it would be kind of cool to have a sleep spell. If you wanted to steal something and a guard or something was watching you, you could use the spell put them to sleep and steal it.

I would also like a tornado spell. Where it does like the ice storm except you see it pick up your enemies and twirl them around like they are in a tornado.

I would also like to be able to do the werewolf summons without being a werewolf or in werewolf form.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I would like to have an enchantment. That is similar to the Orc Racial Active. Lowers damage recieced for X amount. For like Body and maybe Amulet. Then increase damage on gloves. I know it would be kinda OP but still be nice to have the option.

LotusEater

I woul dlike a bound pickaxe and woodcutter spell. I would also like a bound dagger since I use them more than swords.

I think in a way it would be kind of cool to have a sleep spell. If you wanted to steal something and a guard or something was watching you, you could use the spell put them to sleep and steal it.

I would also like a tornado spell. Where it does like the ice storm except you see it pick up your enemies and twirl them around like they are in a tornado.

I would also like to be able to do the werewolf summons without being a werewolf or in werewolf form.

You can buy Bound Dagger in Solstheim if you have Dragonborn.

Chadonraz

You can also get the "Cyclone" Shout if you have Dragonborn. Even with just one Word, it will lift its targets in the air, and act just like a mini-tornado. :)

LotusEater

You can also get the "Cyclone" Shout if you have Dragonborn. Even with just one Word, it will lift its targets in the air, and act just like a mini-tornado. :)

Yup yup. And Whirlwind Cloak which is surprisingly effective against bandits and forsworn.

Israel

Mine is a bit unrealistic compared to what everyone else said, but I wish you could crash a meteor onto people like you can in Kingdoms of Amalur. That's pretty fantastic every time I do it :3

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

not to mention dealing a ton of damage in the process, unlike unrelenting force.. i luv using cyclone on enemies in confined areas, slamming them into the ceiling is just sooooooo satisfying! lmfao!!

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I wish you could have, like, a flaming whip, like the Balrog from LOTR. You could summon one in each hand and deal damage from over 20 feet away, slashing at waves of enemies with your flaming whip. Hell yeah. :D

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
I wish you could have, like, a flaming whip, like the Balrog from LOTR. You could summon one in each hand and deal damage from over 20 feet away, slashing at waves of enemies with your flaming whip. Hell yeah. :D
would be great for RP as well, you could make a character based on Castlevania, join the dawnguard, and run around taking a flame whip to vampires! i made a castlevania RP character on skyrim once named Richter Belmont, but it lost appeal rather quickly cause without a whip it just didn't make sense..

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I reckon having a new element would be cool, like earth! Would be awesome for my bosmer lovers.
(Novice)
spray - mudshot - chance to make enemies slip over (bit like paralyze 1sec)
(Apprentice)
Missile - rock missile
Rune - earth rune - makes a crevise wich closes upon stepping on it
(Adept)
Area missile - asteroid/meteor - massive rock that shatters on impact
Cloak - rock/dirt/mud cloak
(Expert)
Heavy missile - rock spear - instead of missile itd be cool if a rock stalacmite come up from the ground
Wall - ummm cant think of 1...help :rolleyes: ? ?
(Master)
Storm - earthquake! - earth shakes, maybe some more stalacmites come out of the ground

orcs and bosmer would really suit those spells methinks!!

AS88

Staff member
If I could rewrite a spell, I'd change Paralyze. I don't really like the effect of a target instantly falling over. I'd change the paralysis effect to a massive drop in movement ability (like Frost effects), to a point where enemies eventually stop and fall down. This would make paralysis less overpowered, because characters could have a built in resistance to paralysis either from armour rating, Alteration skill level, maximum magicka, etc. This would get rid of the overpowered nature of paralysis, because instead of the spell working 90% of the time or whatever, characters with a resistance to it could be paralysed for longer, or only endure the slowdown effect and fight through it.

See what I mean?

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
If I could rewrite a spell, I'd change Paralyze. I don't really like the effect of a target instantly falling over. I'd change the paralysis effect to a massive drop in movement ability (like Frost effects), to a point where enemies eventually stop and fall down. This would make paralysis less overpowered, because characters could have a built in resistance to paralysis either from armour rating, Alteration skill level, maximum magicka, etc. This would get rid of the overpowered nature of paralysis, because instead of the spell working 90% of the time or whatever, characters with a resistance to it could be paralysed for longer, or only endure the slowdown effect and fight through it.

See what I mean?
yea paralysis is wayyy op'ed on this game which is why i NEVER use it accept with a staff in the begining till i reach the impact perk and ONLY with mage characters, "and i've found only 2 enemies in the whole game it doesn't work on, dragon priests and chaurus bugs, thats it" tho if it worked the way you described, like a massive frost damage type effect it would be really fun to use cause the enemies wouldn't be completely helpless against it as there would be resistances and it would take some time for full effect. its a shame the spell wasn't designed this way..

Jei El

We will be avenged.
Summon Wench: Summon your very own personal wench to serve you forever.
Summon Winter's Cider: Summons a nice cup of frothy warm apple cider.
Summon Summoning Book: Summons things for you.
Summon Daedric lord: Control them for your self.
Bound Daedric Lord: Holds them on Nirn.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
It would be cool if you had a spell that gave you the ability to push water aside. Pretty much like Mozes did in the Bible. That would definitely come in handy if you're trying to cross a river.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts