If they gave you an option to join forces with the Thalmor would you?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Help the Thalmor overrun Skyrim and backstab the Stormcloaks or Empire whichever side you chose to win the war with. I think this option would be a great idea for my Vampire Lord character who is already an evil Son of a b**** help enslave Skyrim and become a high rank in the Thalmor. Then my Vampire character would be a true Dark Lord of Skyrim! I know the Thalmor are all Elves but race shouldn't matter as my Argonian character sided with the Stormcloaks.

ShadowGambit

I'm an assassin.

If they pay me enough, yes... till someone pays me even more :D

I don't care about race. I would do the deed for the right price

AS88

Staff member
In terms of the story, the Thalmor would have no interest in ending the civil war. Nords killing Nords killing Imperials makes two of the Thalmor's enemies weaker. However, I would like to see a little more involvement, maybe becoming an informer or being sent on secretive quests to find or destroy evidence of Talos worship. Or possibly using espionage to get a foothold in the Imperial-occupied towns like Falkreath and Morthal.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Sorry, I've already calmed the title of Dark Lord of Skyrim. All imposters shall be destroyed. :D LOL! JKJK!

To answer the question, yes I would. I am a advocate of choosing the "evil" side. Besides, it would be cool to see things from their POV instead of through everyone who hates them.

Kulaasvokul

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fish stick!
Hmm, This is a good question! I don't know If I would personally. I'm a stormcloak kind of Lass, but the Thalmor get on my wick anyway. :eek:

mamali

i'm in both thives guild and dark brotherhood so i'm kind of like a evil guy :)
so , yes , if thalmor pays me enough , i will join them

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I would definitly Try it out on a Character. Sure, I'd be intrested.

I do kind of wonder how it would work though. I'm guessing the story would have to work around Rikke on the Imperial side, or Glamdring on the Stormcloaks side. I don't think they would be able to get a hold of the Tullius/Ulfric actors again. (or it might be too hard too).

It Would have been a Grand Idea to have the "Blades" reform and strike a revenge campaign on the Thalmor as well as to back a unified Empire again that even the Stormcloaks would support. However the blades are now just "Dragon Hunters" in Skyrim. :sadface:

stagnant94

i'd join the thalmor first because everyone else would go and murder them. you'd probably also find that they are fantastic at ruling their own people

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
I'd join them with a character just to experience the Thalmor side. I wouldn't ever do it with my main though. He hates the Thalmor and takes any chance he can to sabotage them.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I don't think this will mesh well with the main quest (*ahem* thalmor embassy)

Hmmm...I wonder if there could be an option to just ask Elenwen what she knows about dragons. But Delphine probably wouldn't be fond of you regardless.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I would have to de-program my brain to not kill the thalmor If I was able to join their faction. I have an obsession to murder them all :)

It would be nice to be able to have the option to join forces with the Thalmor no matter what race you're on. It would be nice to get to know Elenwen (Your boss) and have her order you to snoop around, and round up Talos worshipers.

I honestly don't understand why Bethesda didn't give us that option.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Tell him to get in line, it's Skyrim every second person wants your head on a pike, either to rob you, to kill you for fun, assassinate you, hired to kill you, just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, or the fact to prove you have good honor. Skyrim is kill or be killed, I can't walk down a road in skyrim without something trying to take a piece of me. Thalmor, Dark Brotherhood, Vampires, Bandits, Forsworn, Hired Thugs and random races. Let them come.

Toralf Snow-Song

Level ?? (Elite) Humanoid
Would be amazing to see the Thalmor decimate the Stormcloaks beyond just holding rebels prisoner, but I think, at this point, it'd be almost chaotically insane for the Thalmor to turn on the Concordate after they're the ones to force it on the Empire.

Maybe it'd be better to have DLC where the Empire breaks it and retakes Cyrodiil. Then you can choose to take sides like the civil war. Maybe be able to revisit Cyrodiil, at least the White-Gold Tower in the Imperial City. :D

Imagine rebuilding a city like Helgen and erecting a glorious shrine to Talos after you march on Cyrodiil and usurp the Altmer heathens.

Even General Tullius himself has said that the treaty is hogwash! Also, the Emperor feels horrible and ashamed about the whole ordeal, he eludes to such when you confront him.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts