If im a guy, is it weird to play as a female

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I'm a guy and roughly half of my characters were female. I don't consider it weird and since it's my game and it doesn't affect anyone else but me, I'm not too worried about it.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
I play female characters about 90% of the time.

If I'm going to be staring at the screen for 100 hours, why would I wanna look at a dude's behind? .... digital or not.

I'm not pretending or imagining being these characters, may as well look at something a bit more enjoyable to my eye.

junta

If I'm to spend hours of my time looking at something, I'd prefer to look at a beautiful woman than a muscular man.

Sent from my GT-P6810 using Tapatalk

Nameless1

aha, The above two posts are good.

I used to play female characters in MMO games all tha time because dudes always give chicks on those games hella free plops lmao

XbSuper

You people are weird. Lol j/k

The fact that you're asking this, means you must think its a bit weird. Why? I'm not sure. I tend to play as male most of the time, but I have made a female character. The only bonus to a female character is within the speech perk tree. I can't remember what it's called, but it increases your selling power by 10% with the opposite sex, and seems how most vendors are male(at least as far as I've noticed) you will reap more benefits from this perk. Not much of an advantage really, but it is there.

Siah

I very occasionally play a female character, but once.. I started a female mage character in skyrim and played the whole game in first person anyway... then I went and married a chick totally forgetting that I was one myself until it zoomed out for the marriage ceremony... awkward.... >.>

But yeah, I don't particularly think it's weird. It can get awkward in mmos though when everyone will assume you're a chick..

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
...The only bonus to a female character is within the speech perk tree. I can't remember what it's called, but it increases your selling power by 10% with the opposite sex, ...

Forgot about that... there's also the Agent of Dibella bonus... +10% melee dmg to opposite sex.

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
I only have 2 characters, but 50% of them are female o_0/ no, but seriously bro, I agree with the consensus...It is your game, who cares? it doesn't make you weird like pedobear or something, it is all personal preference

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
My husband chooses to play female characters about 95% of the time. He says that the art is usually better and the voice is typically less annoying and more interesting. I also play female characters most of the time. I think they're generally better looking in most games. I do play males from time to time but only if I find the game really interesting and if the game has well-crafted interactions with the NPCs. Then I want to see the story from all kinds of viewpoints.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
No it's not weird, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of guys play as girls (so they have something nice to look at). Well, at least that's why I always play a male character.

Kymothoe

Κυμοθοη
there's nothing wrong with it even if you don't do it "to have something nice to look at"... gender is a social construct. you can experiment however you want. especially in skyrim!

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
there's nothing wrong with it even if you don't do it "to have something nice to look at"... gender is a social construct. you can experiment however you want. especially in skyrim!
yep my girl is married to a girl

Emilia

the scorpion rises under the balsamic moon
most games i play (excluding skyrim) i've played as a guy, and i'm a girl... not weird at all.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Frankly, no. I'm a female and of my 6 characters only 2 are female, the rest are male. Am I weird for that? :p I certainly don't think so.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
...The only bonus to a female character is within the speech perk tree...
Allure is not specific to female characters, it affects the opposite gender, as does Agent of Dibella.

I don't see how its any more odd to play the opposite gender than it is to play a non-human race. It's a bit pervy why some guys do it but I wouldn't call that odd either. Look at the popularity of Lara Croft. Do you think the developers made her that way to attract male players or female players? :rolleyes:

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
Look at the popularity of Lara Croft. Do you think the developers made her that way to attract male players or female players? :rolleyes:

while I will agree that they definitely had male players in mind while they made her look like that, I know people of both sexes that were attracted to the game(s) because of her outward appearance

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts