If i see this in one more SINGLE PLAYER game....Il go mad

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shadowbane

Premium Member
Okay so this new trend with PC games, having to log in to a profile or account to play the game or have a persistent internet connection. Normally not a problem with Heavy multiplayer games like WOW. but anyways I just bought Arkham city anly to have it tell me i need to have a windows live ID...WTF? why? same with diablo, i mean ya there is co op, but for the most part its a freaking single player game. Is TES planning on integrating this stuff in the future? I pray not, this is really getting annoying. not everyone is constantly near the web 24/7. weven so its never garenteed that it will be up or the servers are always working, or that the login will work every time.

Nirl

Premium Member
I think its more so they make sure every one "pays" for a copy and not just getting a crack for it but it dose become annoying.

PoisonPen

The planned STALKER sequel was going to be even worse; they planned to have part of the game entirely missing, locally, so that you'd have to be connected every time you played, and download the missing content each time. It's no wonder the studio died, and STALKER with it.

And then they wonder why even those of us who purchase the game download cracks.

I think its more so they make sure every one "pays" for a copy and not just getting a crack for it but it dose become annoying.
I think this is much of the reason, so we can thank the "Piracy doesn't hurt anyone" crowd for the inconvenience.

Nakatsu_Hime

If those without internet, or those unable or unwilling to make an online connection, are disadvantaged due to a game's insistence on an online presence, then that studio/game rightly deserves to be named and shamed.

Dallas-Arbiter

Okay so this new trend with PC games, having to log in to a profile or account to play the game or have a persistent internet connection. Normally not a problem with Heavy multiplayer games like WOW. but anyways I just bought Arkham city anly to have it tell me i need to have a windows live ID...WTF? why? same with diablo, i mean ya there is co op, but for the most part its a freaking single player game. Is TES planning on integrating this stuff in the future? I pray not, this is really getting annoying. not everyone is constantly near the web 24/7. weven so its never garenteed that it will be up or the servers are always working, or that the login will work every time.

Well for Skyrim all that doesn't matter. Put steam in offline mode, un hook your internet, either from the ethernet cable, or the cable coming out of the wall, whichever way you want, then start Skyrim. It will play just fine.

Shadowbane

Premium Member
If anything this encourages piracy. I would rather play an old stable reliable game than one where a server thats down or a bad connection could ruin the game. I hope this dodsnt happen to tes. But im in the military and internet isnt always around where i travel too
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
But, that's what some have been saying. It's a double edged sword. Piracy has caused this trend. However, this method that companies are taking to fight piracy is also causing it. It just keeps going around. But, you can't really blame the publishers and the developers of the games. They are allowed to fight against piracy anyway they can.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts