I wish we could do more for the beggars.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Iveri Sarothil

I've given Silda the Unseen enough Septims to burn down Hjerim, build it back up, and burn it back down again for plopss and giggles. Why isn't she at least living in a small house by now?

I'd like to see maybe beggar housing in the near future. Give a beggar enough money that eventually they'll be able to pay for training, and then they'll be able to hire themselves out as followers. Make them marryable, get yourself a good followers mod, and there you go, cared-for beggars who can also fight.

It just bugs me that the most you can give them is one septim. I've got over 10k in gold and nothing to spend it on, so maybe I'd like to start using it to help the impoverished.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I agree, I wish there were ways to affect the economy too, I must have spent 50,000 septims in the riverwood trader and it would be nice if the shop expanded or more people built houses and moved to riverwood.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
I've given Silda the Unseen enough Septims to burn down Hjerim, build it back up, and burn it back down again for pl***s and giggles. Why isn't she at least living in a small house by now?

I'd like to see maybe beggar housing in the near future. Give a beggar enough money that eventually they'll be able to pay for training, and then they'll be able to hire themselves out as followers. Make them marryable, get yourself a good followers mod, and there you go, cared-for beggars who can also fight.

It just bugs me that the most you can give them is one septim. I've got over 10k in gold and nothing to spend it on, so maybe I'd like to start using it to help the impoverished.

If your in the PC , you can ask someone to make a mod like this or make one of your own using the Creation Kit.
Though , still , I agree with your idea of helping the poor ones. I must've spent my every coin receiving Expert Pickpocket training from her yet she still doesn't has a decent house. And why just she can't rent a room at CandleHearth Hall for warm beds and cold mead :confused: ?

Iveri Sarothil

I'd love to try, if I could get the bloody thing working. >< Gaming toolsets usually don't like me much for whatever reason.

But I agree. Heck, she's got enough to live in Candlehearth and get a job there, too. I mean, even without my donations, I think she has like 500 septims on her.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
I'd love to try, if I could get the bloody thing working. >< Gaming toolsets usually don't like me much for whatever reason.

But I agree. Heck, she's got enough to live in Candlehearth and get a job there, too. I mean, even without my donations, I think she has like 500 septims on her.

I believe I've given her around 7500 septims. With it , she could afford a suitable life for around 35 years (unless she dies , of course).

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
I've actually never thought about this until you mentioned it. You're absolutely right. I'm walking around with about 200k in gold, never buying anything but always reaping the rewards of being an adventurer, yet the beggar on the street only gets one measly septim from my bottomless coin purse. And the couple on the road whose farm was torched by a dragon, they only get five! I've got no say in how much I want to give them. They're always so grateful too... I now feel like a miserly jerk. Dovahnezer Scrooge. :sadface:

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Has over a million septims... doesn't give the beggars any... :sadface: I feel bad now.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Yep, beggars remaining in this condition, and the most jerk-ish thanes being essential. What kind of world is that.

gangraad

dragonguard
I would rather hire her to do some cleaning or cooking in one of my houses. Nothing comes from nothing.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Wait...what the... are you serious ? Over Million septims ? Was this sarcastic or seriously ?

Serious. I have probably about another few Million worth of loot stored away, I rarely sell things now, I have so many enchanted daedric stuff from legendary dragons, chests etc, dragon bones, couple thousand gems now. Gold ingots. I hoard everything now.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Wait...what the... are you serious ? Over Million septims ? Was this sarcastic or seriously ?
Try alchemy, you can make around 200,000+ septims an hour at high level, only problem is selling them.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Try alchemy, you can make around 200,000+ septims an hour at high level, only problem is selling them.

I sold everything in one hit, took like three days, cause I would get bored and save, turn it off. I would sell to the Thieves guild fence since he had about 4000 septims, so I would sell, wait two days, sell. Took me forever to walk to him though Lol cause I was overloaded... then I realised I could just summon a horse nearly two thirds of the way there.

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
DrunkenMage said:
Serious. I have probably about another few Million worth of loot stored away, I rarely sell things now, I have so many enchanted daedric stuff from legendary dragons, chests etc, dragon bones, couple thousand gems now. Gold ingots. I hoard everything now.

That's enough loot to purchase... Whiterun Hold. :eek:

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch

Is it the Blue Mountain Flower + Blue Butterfly Wing + Giant's Toe trick ? Merchants have only around 750-1000 gold for me :sadface:.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Is it the Blue Mountain Flower + Blue Butterfly Wing + Giant's Toe trick ? Merchants have only around 750-1000 gold for me :sadface:.
Nope. with hearthfire build the greenhouse and the garden, plant every space with creep cluster, mora tapinella and scaly pholiota, wait 2 days for them to grow(away from the house) each plant of scaly pholiota and creep cluster give you 5 samples and mora tapinella gives 3(so it's good to plant more of these). Then mix potions of the 3, for every 2 in game days you make about 40 potions, this raises your alchemy skill fast. each potion can be worth over 1500 septims without using fortify alchemy gear.
You use these plants because it's the highest value potion that is just from plant ingredients.
for more tips and info see mt guide here http://skyrimforum.com/threads/tips-to-level-alchemy-and-make-easy-gold.20633/

Rand Althor

Legionnaire
I wish you were able toe buy/give a house to one of the beggars. I rarely use my homes in Solsteim and Solitude so it would have been nice to maybe let one of the local beggars live in them.

-Mir-

Professional milk-drinker
Isn't the other beggar in Windhelm marryable? Angrenor "sword though the chest" Once-Honored? If he is I wouldn't want to anyway, though, since he's a racist too.

The beggar I like the most and truly wish I could help is Narfi. He's been through so much already and I just want to get him some help. I wish I could marry him and take care of him. Or... maybe I could dress up as Reyda and maybe fool him. We could live out the rest of his life happily, and I could just keep it up until he dies, and still have plenty of time leftover to go on with my life since I'm an elf. <3

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts