I put the "anthrop" in Lycanthropy

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AJK

my character has been a werewolf for almost the whole game, but i've never once turned into beast form other than the initial time when the game makes you. am i missing out? it's just not very appealing to me. I'd rather use bows and swords and magic.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Well, I think it's fun sometimes, to transform and go on a rampage.

Also, if you're into hardcore RPing, you could get the Cursed Ring of Hircine. Wear this ring outdoors, and you'll have a small chance to randomly turn into Beast Form at any time. I've never had the ring, but have always toyed with the idea of getting it and RPing Lycanthropy as the curse it's meant to be.

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
I think it's really fun actually. You just get to savagely demolish anything in your path. Especially when you sprint and leap on enemies, and it does that special view when you're eating someone. Plus when Dawnguard DLC is in the mix, you get the perk tree, which ups your powers even more and you can also eat animals eventually to restore health/get perk points. I would just go through the valleys and eat everything :D

For real RP you can get the cursed ring. If you don't care about that, you can get the other version of the ring that lets you turn into Beat Form unlimited. (started by going into the prison at Falkreath and talking to that guy in the cell to the left)

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
It's never really been my style. I tried it out once or twice and obviously have much to learn about how to be a werewolf because I died. There are some good role-play opportunities with the Ring of Hircine but I've been too chicken to try it out. Didn't want to risk a change at an inopportune time. But I do toy with the idea of being a werewolf from time to time so I may give it another go eventually. Vampire Lord (from the Dawnguard DLC) was more fun.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I actually enjoy it. I agree that, it's more fun to use swords, spells and various other means, but being a werewolf can be a hoot. I always clean out Fort Greymoor or Fort Amol, and it's a pain in the butt. This time, as I was returning from killing Kematu and crew, I thought I'd stop by and clean out the place. Went were and ripped everybody to shreds. They didn't stand a chance.

My first character I was a were and never changed, but, ever since, I do it on a lot of characters. Of course, once you've maxed out your perks, it's just for fun, but, still. Throwing Giants and Death Lords all over the place is fun! I never take any of the blessings except the Fear one since I like to see them run scurrying away so I can hunt them down.

Besides, like VL, sometimes having the power to simply become a monster to take down your enemies can be really, really helpful.

Give it a shot (oh, and get the Ring of Hircine!). I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Just remember that you can't loot or anything until you're back in human form and sometimes you'll need to wait 3, 4 or 5 game hours to turn back (depending on how many hearts you've eaten!).

Chadonraz

The Cursed Ring is awesome. :D

Being a werewolf in Skyrim is definitely more of a blessing than a curse (only con being no sleeping bonuses), except of course if you RP it as something horrible. :)
With the Cursed Ring you never know if or when you're going to transform, which adds a whole new element to your game.

I personally enjoy being a werewolf, especially now that I've got mods. But even invanilla it's fun to go slaughter bandits/Silver Hand/citizens/guards (whatever your preference). :cool:

Daelon DuLac

Being a werewolf in Skyrim is definitely more of a blessing than a curse (only con being no sleeping bonuses), except of course if you RP it as something horrible. :)
With the Cursed Ring you never know if or when you're going to transform, which adds a whole new element to your game.

I personally enjoy being a werewolf, especially now that I've got mods. But even invanilla it's fun to go slaughter bandits/Silver Hand/citizens/guards (whatever your preference). :cool:
I absolutely agree, but I always get the curse removed. I like having control (in my RP, you're a member of the Companions - the must have taught you something!). I just like having the ability to transform more than once.

Lucid

Beast form is the most satisfying way to slaughter Vigilants of Stendarr.

Daelon DuLac

Beast form is the most satisfying way to slaughter Vigilants of Stendarr.
They always get so upset with you. I like to roar at them to make 'em run and then chase 'em down. :)

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...

have you tried moonlight tales best werewolf mod there is

WarriorMage

Hey! Someone stole my sweet roll!
I have it for my Breton but the only time I ever use it is like Sparky04. You can make good time but be sure you know where you're going because, as you probably know, once you change you can't bring up the map.

Even though I rarely use it it's still a major part of my character. She only eats meat, prefers venison, and always has to eat immediately after she turns back into a human.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
It annoys me so much when you have rampaged for like an hour, go into a random cave, kill everything and see some nice loot or boss chests. The 6hour wait to turn human again drives me insane. Iv only been a proper werewolf once to max out the tree and I dunno If im keen to do it again.

It sounds pretty cool Rping the curse though...

Aw and all greater powers just annoy me :p

Vaga8ond

my character has been a werewolf for almost the whole game, but i've never once turned into beast form other than the initial time when the game makes you. am i missing out? it's just not very appealing to me. I'd rather use bows and swords and magic.

Yeah I have always had the same issue. I don't have Dawnguard so I can't really have any perks to make the Werewolf have any more survivability. Not being able to return to full health without feasting is difficult for me. When overcome by numbers of attackers the mitigation is much lower than plate and i'm not even sure if the perks in light armor are applied to the WW form. Its fun to ravage a small town and escape into the night though.

jarif

Well if your on PC, there's a mod that forces you turn into a werewolf every month when there's a full moon. The way I do it is I RP that it's either emotion, danger triggered or a forced transformation (full moon).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts