Xbox 360 I need some suggestions.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Deeldoe

So I am pretty new to the Elder Scrolls series and I am running into some questions. I have finished the Skyrim main quest, the companions, the dark brotherhood enjoyed the skeleton key then finished the thieve's guild, have finished the civil war choosing the Imperials(finding out the Jarl with the Stormcloaks kills women and children of towns.) and am trying to delay the boring College of Winterhold (Boring in my eyes) and need some sort of either long quests with a decent story line that doesn't seem like "fetch me this and go kill this and I'll give you 500 gold" cause I am a Nord, 83 archery, with well over 35,000 gold at level 25. So I need some ideas. I'm sorry for those I offend who play this game a lot it would help if I can get some suggestions :) o_O I also chose Nord cause I wanted a basic Skyrim account and I made my first character a Khajiit but it for some reason bored me, cause it seemed like anywhere I went people frowned upon me. Anyways thanks ahead of time to anybody who reads this.

P.S Can you also say which city I can find these quests in? Thanks! :)

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
Some could argue that Skyrim is not a game to accomplish everything that there is to accomplish in one character.

RPing with multiple characters make it more fun to some, not doing the Thieves Guild quests because your a Warrior and don't sneak, etc. But that's just the opinion of some and it's perfectly fine if you would rather do everything on one character.

As for suggestions, well you've done most of the main quests. It's safe to say most every quest in the game is going to be a "kill this, collect that, go here, then come back" sort of quest.

What I've recently started to do was just run around the wilderness, and clearing every dungeon I can find. Many people enjoy collecting all of the dragon priest masks, so that may also be something to look into.

What you could also do is go to all the main holds and talk to everyone and start to do every Miscellaneous quests, you might be surprised at some of the rewards you get.

If you have hearthfire, building your own house is definitely a blast too, assuming you haven't done so already.

Trust me, I'm sure you'll find other things to do.

Deeldoe

Some could argue that Skyrim is not a game to accomplish everything that there is to accomplish in one character.

RPing with multiple characters make it more fun to some, not doing the Thieves Guild quests because your a Warrior and don't sneak, etc. But that's just the opinion of some and it's perfectly fine if you would rather do everything on one character.

As for suggestions, well you've done most of the main quests. It's safe to say most every quest in the game is going to be a "kill this, collect that, go here, then come back" sort of quest.

What I've recently started to do was just run around the wilderness, and clearing every dungeon I can find. Many people enjoy collecting all of the dragon priest masks, so that may also be something to look into.

What you could also do is go to all the main holds and talk to everyone and start to do every Miscellaneous quests, you might be surprised at some of the rewards you get.

If you have hearthfire, building your own house is definitely a blast too, assuming you haven't done so already.

Trust me, I'm sure you'll find other things to do.

Thanks for the suggestions of making more accounts I thought I would do that when I hit maybe a higher level mark I mean I'm only 25 :p as for doing the dungeons and priest masks that actually sounds enjoyable and I could boost my skills I didn't work on like one handed, heavy armor etc. Thanks for the suggestions they're already a help I have some ideas. A question since you're pretty smart about the game it seems. Is becoming a Thane in the big cities fun? I've done solitude and Whiterun(obviously lol) Should I go do other major cities as well?

Gunnbjorn

Thanks for the suggestions of making more accounts I thought I would do that when I hit maybe a higher level mark I mean I'm only 25 :p as for doing the dungeons and priest masks that actually sounds enjoyable and I could boost my skills I didn't work on like one handed, heavy armor etc. Thanks for the suggestions they're already a help I have some ideas. A question since you're pretty smart about the game it seems. Is becoming a Thane in the big cities fun? I've done solitude and Whiterun(obviously lol) Should I go do other major cities as well?

Being a Thane will sometimes get you recognized among the townspeople, but most of the citizens in Skyrim barely care about you - even if you are the Dragonborn and have saved the world multiple times over. The only real reason one would want to become the Thane would be to be able to buy (or build) a house in said hold.

So, if your looking to own a house in a certain place, you must become the Thane of that hold first. You can become Thane of all the holds for the sake of doing it, but there will be really no benefit - unless you want to own a lot of houses.

Deeldoe

Being a Thane will sometimes get you recognized among the townspeople, but most of the citizens in Skyrim barely care about you - even if you are the Dragonborn and have saved the world multiple times over. The only real reason one would want to become the Thane would be to be able to buy (or build) a house in said hold.

So, if your looking to own a house in a certain place, you must become the Thane of that hold first. You can become Thane of all the holds for the sake of doing it, but there will be really no benefit - unless you want to own a lot of houses.

Oh well thanks. I heard Solitude's house is the nicest and that's the one I currently have. But thanks you've been a great help lol

Gunnbjorn

Speaking of DLC which DLC do you suggest to buy first?

Dawnguard = Vampire Hunters
Hearthfire = Ability to build your own house.
Dragonborn = Fight the very first Dragonborn

It's all up to you. I'd say buy them all.

SnowSU

Have you gotten all the stones of Berenziah yet? If not you should and take them to Vex in the theives guild. You'll get a nice benefit that will raise you gold considerably and it's a fun quest she'll send you on too. You'll need that extra gold income for hearthfire.

I have all five of the houses and while Solitude house is pretty much the best of the non-hearthfire houses the one in Windhelm is very nice too and has more room for weapons and armor. Once you get hearthfire you can build a house with a nice armory.

As for what DLC's to get, I agree about getting them all. There will be many hours of quests with both Dawnguard and Dragonborn.

Deeldoe

Have you gotten all the stones of Berenziah yet? If not you should and take them to Vex in the theives guild. You'll get a nice benefit that will raise you gold considerably and it's a fun quest she'll send you on too. You'll need that extra gold income for hearthfire.

I have all five of the houses and while Solitude house is pretty much the best of the non-hearthfire houses the one in Windhelm is very nice too and has more room for weapons and armor. Once you get hearthfire you can build a house with a nice armory.

As for what DLC's to get, I agree about getting them all. There will be many hours of quests with both Dawnguard and Dragonborn.

I have like 9 of the stones just simply from doing quests and exploring various cities I considered doing that but I heard it's pretty tedious. But I'll give that a shot. You all convinced me to buy the DLC's so I actually just bought them and waiting for them to download currently :)

Shyrith

Ebonhawk
The Daedric quests are fun.

SnowSU

I have like 9 of the stones just simply from doing quests and exploring various cities I considered doing that but I heard it's pretty tedious. But I'll give that a shot. You all convinced me to buy the DLC's so I actually just bought them and waiting for them to download currently :)

SnowSU

You can look up the locations of the stones on wiki if you don't want to just search for them.

Deeldoe

You can look up the locations of the stones on wiki if you don't want to just search for them.

Yeah I know, but where I heard it's tedious is clearing out certain dungeons to find them and it becomes repetitive, but I will have to give it a go because you mentioned it'll help Hearthfire.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts