I need help on my skyrim roleplay.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lytro

I am looking for the best race for my character. I am basing it off myself. I am of Polish nationality and ethnicity, so I was wondering what would be the best race that could represent Polish people back in the times of skyrim. I was thinking Nord or Breton, but I am not sure. Please help.

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
Hmm, you asking someone to answer a very straightforward ethnicity question here.

So, I will try remain non discriminative.

The poles I would say resemble a Germanic peoples. Skyrim represents a lot of Nordic mythology and has in it traces of Tolkien's influence and a bit of Roman influence as well. This is what gives The Elder Scrolls diversity as an epic story.

So with that into consideration, we talking in the 9th century. Which was predominantly the rise of Scandinavian incursion in other lands reaching from bolshevik region right through to the Americas.

Poland started becoming a nation round about 800 A.D. with some 20 principalities of small tribes became known as the Poliane ("people of the plain").

As time progressed, Poland was always a nation thumped by the Huns with Attila and Bleda. The Holy Roman Empire (i.e. Teutons), Russians, Goths, Germans, The Danes. And we also see Ghengis Khan introducing a bit of Mongoloid into Polish horses. And a lot of other factions that would impractical to list the entire spectrum of Poland's enemies.

With all of these barbarians that surrounded Poland the Poles became a hardy people but still managed to keep most of their south-eastern-Germanic bloodline, comprising of the Slavics and Visigoths. We see a Swedish mixture getting introduced when the Nords descended from Scandinavia.

So the Poles aren't pure Nordic. They are "Germanic" and I with the races in The Elder Scrolls the ideal one that would work would be Imperials.

The Germans don't even consider themselves as "Nordic" and the Poles share a common gene stock with the Germans who today you can't tell the difference in ethnicity or identify the racial differences.

Imperial is the closest resemblance of a European breed in the Elder Scrolls and a realistic one.

Nords and Bretons have a unrealistic racial makeup.

So I would go for very pale Imperials.

The face structure, cranium and the jaw bone of the Imperials have a realistic comparison to European Osteology.

The Bretons are short and really don't seem Polish at all.

In a mystique sense, the Poles are similar to the Finns ;) And Tolkien regarded the Finns as Elves for they were and are a nation that lives happily in peace and hates everyone around them. A peaceful pure nation that has years of strife and hardships indented into their culture.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts