• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Next week I can buy either Dawnguard or Dragonborn but not both.

I'm assuming Dawnguard will have less glitches & bugs since it's it's been out longer and lots of mods exist already. But Dragonborn looks like a lot more content and playtime for the money.

Also, when I do decide, should I take my level 75 demigod or my level 22 work-in-progress?

Thanks for any advice and opinions.

Skulli

Anyhoo, I could really use some recommendations here guys.

wolf_maiden

personally i think you should get dawnguard. As you mentioned it would have less of a probability to have glitches, and being a dawnguard vampire is hella fun lol C: I also like the vampire robes

Skulli

personally i think you should get dawnguard. As you mentioned it would have less of a probability to have glitches, and being a dawnguard vampire is hella fun lol C: I also like the vampire robes

The vampire idea appeals to me a lot. Just curious, my two main characters are melee, no magic types with level 100 armor skill and smithing for light armor on one, heavy on the other, all the perks too.

Will I be horribly pissed that those cool robes will go to waste?

J

Jeremius

I like Dawnguard, not hearthfire so much, but that is peobably because I cannot get the homestead a want immediately.

wolf_maiden

Well I usually just wear them because they look cool lol but theres dawnguard armor and falmor armor also.

raven63

I would say wait till you know the content for dragonborn and see if it suits you (new spells, weapons ,areas etc...) The compare to what you get in dawnguard and believe me there will still be plenty of glitches in both

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
I would certainly recommend Dawnguard. I used a level 35 light armoured magic inefficient .... maybe I should say a character with a little experience in several things and master of not a lot except smithing, certainly not over powerful in anything, and it was challenging in places, enough for me to consider using dragonplate armour. But liking the speed and looks of Nightingale I took a few beatings along the way. It does add a few bonuses which are not directly a part of the Dawnguard questline as well. I'd be tempted to go for Dawnguard and wait until a later date for Dragonborn. But that's me knowing what's in Dawnguard. If I had to choose, I think I'd wait to see the comments after Dragonborn is released if I was in the same position of deciding between them.

Skulli

Thanks guys, Dawnguard it is.

The Crow Goddess will become a Vampire Lord, muahahaha!