Xbox 360 I need a completionist's walkthrough

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kieron

The Guru
As a completionist I wish to finish every quest possible, however the amount of bugs in the game of skyrim have made it so that if you do certain quests before others it may cause the other never to be allowed to be completed. This may have been posted before though I haven't seen it but what I'm hoping for is if someone could give me a guide that has a linear order of the quests you should do in order to avoid conflicting quest bugs and complete everything possible. With this I won't have to keep remembering what to do before what when making new characters and can just run through as the walkthrough tells me. Thanks

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
The only quest I know that could make complications is if you do the civil war quest before the main quest so that said I recommend that you do the main quest before the civil war quest. Also if you ever meet Falion somewhere in the swamp with the rock circle don't report him to the Jarl as it will make her follow him forever making some quest impossible or very difficult to complete.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
If you side Imperial in the civil war, complete "Blood on the Ice" before taking Windhelm.
If you are going to do Muiri's optional quest in the DB questline, complete "Blood on the Ice" before killing the mark.

Kieron

The Guru
The only quest I know that could make complications is if you do the civil war quest before the main quest so that said I recommend that you do the main quest before the civil war quest. Also if you ever meet Falion somewhere in the swamp with the rock circle don't report him to the Jarl as it will make her follow him forever making some quest impossible or very difficult to complete.

I have already played the game through most of it already and I know for a fact there are FAR more conflicting quest bugs then that. For instance you can't take any quest to kill a dragon at it's lair before dragon hunting with the blades otherwise the blades will be stuck there forever when sent to go. If you decide to let pathuurnax live before finishing recruiting blades members or getting the potion from esbern you will no longer have the option to do either because they wont talk to you anymore. There's also the bug of completing the forsworn conspiracy after becoming thane of markarth. I use the UESP wiki as my guide through everything to avoid glitches but I want something that has a linear guide that tells you the order in which to do all quests in order to avoid confliction, I don't need the individual warnings from each of you because I can find out those on my own before doing them. What I want is a complete guide

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
What you're asking for is the impossible. It simply doesn't exist. A game like this with the amount of glitches and bugs, anything can go wrong at anytime.

And no need to be rude to the people merely trying to help you.

redrkt

Premium Member
I have already played the game through most of it already and I know for a fact there are FAR more conflicting quest bugs then that. For instance you can't take any quest to kill a dragon at it's lair before dragon hunting with the blades otherwise the blades will be stuck there forever when sent to go. If you decide to let pathuurnax live before finishing recruiting blades members or getting the potion from esbern you will no longer have the option to do either because they wont talk to you anymore. There's also the bug of completing the forsworn conspiracy after becoming thane of markarth. I use the UESP wiki as my guide through everything to avoid glitches but I want something that has a linear guide that tells you the order in which to do all quests in order to avoid confliction, I don't need the individual warnings from each of you because I can find out those on my own before doing them. What I want is a complete guide

How is this a bug or glitch? that whole line depends on what you do, if you DON'T kill Parthanax that turns the blades against you so NO they are not going to help you, the same as the Greybeards won't give you any more words to the shouts if you DO kill him. not a bug or glitch that is how the game is designed.

and there is NO one way to play the game, so looking for a LINEAR way to play is pretty pointless.

Kieron

The Guru
How is this a bug or glitch? that whole line depends on what you do, if you DON'T kill Parthanax that turns the blades against you so NO they are not going to help you, the same as the Greybeards won't give you any more words to the shouts if you DO kill him. not a bug or glitch that is how the game is designed.

and there is NO one way to play the game, so looking for a LINEAR way to play is pretty pointless.

It actually is a glitch because you can still use the blade recruits as your followers it is only esbern and delphine who refuse to speak to you making recruiting not possible. Esbern not giving you dragon hunts anymore is the consequence to letting Paarthurnax live as is the grey beards not giving you locations to word walls if you kill him. The grey beards don't teach you the words anymore they give you locations to word walls, so I'm guessing you haven't been that far.

Everything you do is linear in your entire life including the way you play a game so saying that looking for a linear way to play is pointless is just ignorant. While there may be variable ways to play out the game, in the end you are going to do it in a linear fashion so yes someone can very easily give me a linear guide to quests to ensure I don't compromise another through conflict bugs. Why don't you try doing a little research before trying to patronize me.

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.

I never said those were the only conflicting bugs out there, what I said was those were the only ones I know of. Also the part about letting Pathuurnax live and not being able to complete recruiting is not a glitch just how the game was designed just as redkrt said.

Jersey Dagmar

Kieron

If you want a guide so badly, how about you take the time out to make one? Being as rude as you are isn't going to get you what you want. And I've yet to see anyone make the kind of guide you are asking for. I seriously doubt someone has had that kind of time and patience to make one. And I'm sure there are bugs and glitches that haven't even been discovered yet.

redrkt

Premium Member
It actually is a glitch because you can still use the blade recruits as your followers it is only esbern and delphine who refuse to speak to you making recruiting not possible. Esbern not giving you dragon hunts anymore is the consequence to letting Paarthurnax live as is the grey beards not giving you locations to word walls if you kill him. The grey beards don't teach you the words anymore they give you locations to word walls, so I'm guessing you haven't been that far.

Everything you do is linear in your entire life including the way you play a game so saying that looking for a linear way to play is pointless is just ignorant. While there may be variable ways to play out the game, in the end you are going to do it in a linear fashion so yes someone can very easily give me a linear guide to quests to ensure I don't compromise another through conflict bugs. Why don't you try doing a little research before trying to patronize me.

I disagree on it being a glitch.... and now on my third run-thru of the game.

Your right.... I haven't been that far (only have all 20 complete shouts)
and that was what I meant by what I said about the Shout words.

Patronize you......... get a life, do like all great inventors have done.... IF you can't find something create it yourself..... but wait... I forgot people these days don't do that do they? they want someone else to do all the work for them. If you are that worried about "bugs and glitches" create your own...It's not like the game cannot be restarted.

Kieron

The Guru
I never said those were the only conflicting bugs out there, what I said was those were the only ones I know of. Also the part about letting Pathuurnax live and not being able to complete recruiting is not a glitch just how the game was designed just as redkrt said.

I misinterpreted what you were saying then, however the recruiting part is a glitch because as I've been saying you are allowed to use your blades members still. The blades don't disown you, it is just esbern and delphine who refuse to speak to you anymore. It is clearly listed as a glitch all over the internet so I don't know why everyone in this thread keeps insisting that it isn't.

Kieron

The Guru
Kieron

If you want a guide so badly, how about you take the time out to make one? Being as rude as you are isn't going to get you what you want. And I've yet to see anyone make the kind of guide you are asking for. I seriously doubt someone has had that kind of time and patience to make one. And I'm sure there are bugs and glitches that haven't even been discovered yet.

I'm not being rude to get what I want, you all have clearly invaded my thread with ill thought opinions and assume that such a guide doesn't exist yet not finding something yourself doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The clear purpose of this thread was to have a question available in case someone with knowledge of such material were to come across this post and share it with me. I never demanded someone make one, I asked if anyone had a link to a pre-existing guide. If I don't find one then once I have found the time perhaps I will make my own and provide it to others but for now it is quite clear I'm searching for one.

Kieron

The Guru
I disagree on it being a glitch.... and now on my third run-thru of the game.

Your right.... I haven't been that far (only have all 20 complete shouts)
and that was what I meant by what I said about the Shout words.

Patronize you......... get a life, do like all great inventors have done.... IF you can't find something create it yourself..... but wait... I forgot people these days don't do that do they? they want someone else to do all the work for them. If you are that worried about "bugs and glitches" create your own...It's not like the game cannot be restarted.

Your ignorance continues to surprise me. If it is not obvious to you that this thread's purpose was to search for such a guide, not demand one be created, then I have no concern to try to educate you like an elementary student. This thread was suppose to be put out for those who might know of such a guide to share it with me so that I don't, for example, become the 10th person to discover ibuprofen only to find out it had been created 9 times before me. If I don't find the guide then I clearly will make my own to have this available as I create more and more new characters. The game can be restarted but the amount of time wasted when you have to redo everything you did in between the two conflicting quests is ridiculous so it is best to avoid doing so in the first place. I have my life and it is going quite well, you should be more concerned with your own life because apparently you like to spend your time trolling my thread that has nothing to do with you, which is pathetic.

Now, all of you who have nothing productive to contribute to this thread, please shut the hell up.

Jersey Dagmar

My problem with you, Sir. Is how you responded to the people trying to help you earlier in the thread.

I don't need the individual warnings from each of you because I can find out those on my own before doing them. What I want is a complete guide

Also, if you use the Wiki, that should be good enough I would think. The Wiki clearly states any known glitches or Bugs that are associated with that Quest.

please shut the hell up.

Once again, that kind of attitude is going to get you nowhere around here. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Adam Warlock

The operative word is "radiant" .
Many quest lines have alternative paths that absolutely can`t be predicted (like the Blade`s dragon hunting quests mentioned).
Quest givers and other NPC may die due to random events .
Sometimes it`s built into the game like the issue with Paarthuurnax.
You can`t Destroy The Dark Brotherhood AND join it , liberate AND reunite Skyrim in the Civil War, etc.
If it is possible to do all the other quests , then someone telling you how THEY did it will do you no good because no 2 games can be the same no matter what you do.

redrkt

Premium Member
Your ignorance continues to surprise me. If it is not obvious to you that this thread's purpose was to search for such a guide, not demand one be created, then I have no concern to try to educate you like an elementary student. This thread was suppose to be put out for those who might know of such a guide to share it with me so that I don't, for example, become the 10th person to discover ibuprofen only to find out it had been created 9 times before me. If I don't find the guide then I clearly will make my own to have this available as I create more and more new characters. The game can be restarted but the amount of time wasted when you have to redo everything you did in between the two conflicting quests is ridiculous so it is best to avoid doing so in the first place. I have my life and it is going quite well, you should be more concerned with your own life because apparently you like to spend your time trolling my thread that has nothing to do with you, which is pathetic.

Now, all of you who have nothing productive to contribute to this thread, please shut the hell up.

Unfortunately you have chosen to post in a PUBLIC FORUM.... SO anyone can post here regardless of what you want or think.

Now, as far as my ignorance and you not demanding that a guide be made for you?? " I haven't seen it but what I'm hoping for is if someone could give me a guide that has a linear order of the quests you should do"

Get off your butt and do some better research or create it yourself!!!

People who won't fend for themselves are a burden on everyone else.

DONE

Kieron

The Guru
My problem with you, Sir. Is how you responded to the people trying to help you earlier in the thread.

Also, if you use the Wiki, that should be good enough I would think. The Wiki clearly states any known glitches or Bugs that are associated with that Quest.

Once again, that kind of attitude is going to get you nowhere around here. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

The phrase "shut the hell up" wasn't directed to the people trying to help me, I had already spoken to that person about my misinterpretation of what he had posted. The phrase you have quoted of me was directed at you and redrkt who have yet to post anything productive in this thread and just keep flooding it with a bunch of annoying nonsense that is not needed here. Everyone else is more then welcome to provide productive feedback but sense you and redrkt seem to be incapable of doing that and only provide negativity, it would be best if you both just stop talking at all in this thread.

Kieron

The Guru
Unfortunately you have chosen to post in a PUBLIC FORUM.... SO anyone can post here regardless of what you want or think.

Now, as far as my ignorance and you not demanding that a guide be made for you?? " I haven't seen it but what I'm hoping for is if someone could give me a guide that has a linear order of the quests you should do"

Get off your butt and do some better research or create it yourself!!!

People who won't fend for themselves are a burden on everyone else.

DONE

I know it is public, that's why I'm using and that's why I'm telling you to stop talking because you are annoying and unproductive and I can't make you stop, so I asked or rather requested. This thread, as I have said numerous times now, is part of my research for such a guide until, as I have ALSO said NUMEROUS times, I can't find one in which case I WILL make my own. I have not seen it was referring to being seen posted on here nor anywhere on the web yet to date, giving it to me was referring to giving me a link on my thread to a website that might have already created such a guide, in the case that someone with knowledge, not you, of such a guide reads this thread. So again, your conductive intelligence proves to be that of a 5th grader or less, since you clearly can not understand ANYTHING I am saying. You are a being a burden right now on my thread as you have clearly only posted negative comments that have flooded my thread that was meant to produce a positive outcome. So again, please shut the hell up and do something better with your time.

Kieron

The Guru
The operative word is "radiant" .
Many quest lines have alternative paths that absolutely can`t be predicted (like the Blade`s dragon hunting quests mentioned).
Quest givers and other NPC may die due to random events .
Sometimes it`s built into the game like the issue with Paarthuurnax.
You can`t Destroy The Dark Brotherhood AND join it , liberate AND reunite Skyrim in the Civil War, etc.
If it is possible to do all the other quests , then someone telling you how THEY did it will do you no good because no 2 games can be the same no matter what you do.

I understand that Adam, but it is possible to create a linear guide with branching to show the different pathways allowed for you to choose from while also letting you know the order in which to do such quests (which ever path you choose) without creating a conflicting quest bug that could screw up your game play. That is what I'm hoping to find with my search for this guide and if I can't, I will make my own. Though the wiki does provide information on the bugs. you would have to read the page to every quest before doing any of them in order to make sure you you don't screw up later on because the quest pages for radiant quests like jarls telling you to kill a dragon don't warn you that if you do kill a dragon and then later partake in dragon hunting with blades to the same lair, they will be stuck there forever and you will have do a lot over again in order to fix it all.