• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So as some of you know my character is a pure mage, up until last night I was in a dungeon doing my thing and I got overwhelmed and outnumbered and my magic was depleted by a particular enemy. Being with out arms or friends and looking ahead and seeing about 7 enemies in front of me and my back against a wall and my magick recharging at a snails pace I looked around for salvation. I saw laying next to me a sword, not a special sword... just a sword. It begged me, "Use me... Slaughter all your enemies...". I grasped that sword and right after it was equiped that one guy who was blocking my magic attacked with his dagger. In one fatal move (in a death sequence) as he came down with his dagger I lunged with a stabbing blow to his chest. It seemed like time stopped as I saw the shock and awe in his eyes and the surprise of my own. As he fell and everybody else came running towards me, my magic was once against unlocked and recharging rapidly. With a surge of anger my left hand charged up ice storm like instinct and let go. 4 out of the 6 enemies dropped frozen and blue. The other 2 where knocked back further into the room with a relenting force cry. Running up extremely angry and full of fury I took a slash at one as he tried to get back up, he didn't go down. So I then proceeded to hack him into piece. Finially, as he dropped to his deep slumber I spun around with a chain lightning in hand and zapped the other guy, he flew and slammed lower back first unto the edge of the table to sled down dead. I stood victorious... I exited the dungeon and was greeted by the morning sun.. Once a mage, I sheathed my new sword... Now a battlemage. (Start playing "Returns a King - 300 Ost")

Garrison

"Until at last I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountain side"

My Redguard carries a sword in one hand, and a flamethrower in the other! Welcome to the Brotherhood of the Battlemage! :)

"Until at last I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountain side"

My Redguard carries a sword in one hand, and a flamethrower in the other! Welcome to the Brotherhood of the Battlemage! :)
Thank you brother... Together we shall cast asunder all those who dare to cross us, bleed dry the ebony wound and leave them lifeless.... On our indivdual systems that is... but you get the idea im sure..

tha420Moose

bLaze up. play skYrim
haha cool story not what i was expecting. i thought about being a battlemage but i felt a strong shield in my left had was more me

Titanburner

Premium Member
I had been thinking about creating a battle mage, thanks for the help pushing me to the dark side lol

I had been thinking about creating a battle mage, thanks for the help pushing me to the dark side lol
Battlemages are very good, now I am a battlemage/conjurer so my speciality which was before I became a battlemage was killing one person and quickly bringing them back to life to fight by my side. Now with a sword I am not longer weak in hand to hand combat. One way to throw a mage off is rush them, but if they have a sword in hand it takes that out because they will hack you to pieces and then burn you... I like it plus it gives me a since of merciless slaughtering people with a sword and those killcam sequences make is so much cooler. Dispatch one and spin around and burn another one as the others watch in fear knowing their time is coming.

brandon

thats good plops right there. i keep having problems with these redgaurd guys hunting a fugitive who says shes a princess or something(dont know if i belive her but i want a scimitar they wear) so i accept her quest and go to kill the leader. only problem is i left my sword behind and forgot all i had was a dagger to hunt deer with. and i get to the cave and its full of bandits who get to close for my bow. i go to pull my two handed sword and low and behold i forgot to to a pcc/pci before i get there so im stuck with my dagger and after some cool kill cams which are fluffing sweet with the dagger and alot of health potions i finally dispatch the mage. and move on to the leadr kill one guard with my bow and realize there are four mor and theyre leader is dual wielding scimitars. hes badass and i was only able to kill two more before i died at his merciless blades. when i get off work im gonna make sure i have better weopons then a dagger and well see who owns who then....

brandon

LOL. Tough to simmer all day waiting for payback!
oh yeah i keep running the fight through my head. like maybe i shouldnt have taken that first shot from under the waterfall but i wanted them to bottleneck in the cavern they had to come through but i failed miserably. i think im gonna save it when i get to the waterfall and try to sneak around to find a better spot to fight.

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
oh yeah i keep running the fight through my head. like maybe i shouldnt have taken that first shot from under the waterfall but i wanted them to bottleneck in the cavern they had to come through but i failed miserably. i think im gonna save it when i get to the waterfall and try to sneak around to find a better spot to fight.

Ha Ha I remember that quest. He died like a B*tch by the Winterhold stables and his body now rots underneath the west brigde.

brandon

Ha Ha I remember that quest. He died like a B*tch by the Winterhold stables and his body now rots underneath the west brigde.
how did you fight him there did you tell them where the girl is or something cause i had to find the cave he was in

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
I made a deal with him and then double crossed him. It's the classic fake double cross. But you do end up fighting him by himself without his croonies and get the reward money and his loot.

brandon

I made a deal with him and then double crossed him. It's the classic fake double cross. But you do end up fighting him by himself without his croonies and get the reward money and his loot.
oh thats cool i didnt think about that

Lycan

Forest Crawler
I have been contemplating what my next character would be, very convincing battle mage story

Flamingtaco

Battlemages are perfect. Being a pure mage is a bad idea because you rely purely on your magick bar wheras you can still attack when your stamina is depleted, but being a pure warrior is putting yourself at a disadvantage to not have magic.

Lycan

Forest Crawler
Battlemages are perfect. Being a pure mage is a bad idea because you rely purely on your magick bar wheras you can still attack when your stamina is depleted, but being a pure warrior is putting yourself at a disadvantage to not have magic.

Shouldn't a pure mage have a staff handy for magika regen?