Xbox 360 I killed an essential NPC.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elfboy87

I assssinated this dude and his wife:

Skyrim:Dravin Llanith - UESPWiki

Snuck into their house and killed them both. I thought you could not kill essential NPCS?! I had not done the quest to find his bow. I talked to him and he was a smart @** towards me.

No option for looking for his bow. If he had a quest available then why was I able to kill him?!

Elfboy87

Ive tried to kill quest givers before. it never worked. I tried killing that Bard in Whiterun. The one who is part of a misc. quest.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Ive tried to kill quest givers before. it never worked. I tried killing that Bard in Whiterun. The one who is part of a misc. quest.

New DB quest.

You listening Bethesda?

MyNameIsJon

I assssinated this dude and his wife:

Skyrim:Dravin Llanith - UESPWiki

Snuck into their house and killed them both. I thought you could not kill essential NPCS?! I had not done the quest to find his bow. I talked to him and he was a smart @** towards me.

No option for looking for his bow. If he had a quest available then why was I able to kill him?!

I gave him his bow back, then a day later he and apparently his wife were killed by a dragon. The only thing that survived was the cow. Cows seem to be invincible in Skyrim. Quite smart too. They will actually run away when a dragon shows up, unlike the townspeople who will blithely go on about their business or attack. Neither option winds up being a smart choice for them. :/

I believe you can still find the bow without the quest line. But you don't know where it is. At least you didn't kill a daedric quest giver. I did and now I'm screwed if i want all 15.