I keep erasing and starting over =/

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sevron

I don't know why I keep erasing my saves and starting over. I get to like level 5 and start over as another race/class. I've been hearing people getting to levels 24+ and I'm like how, I do the quests and I'm only level 5-8 or so.

Also, how do I freaking craft armor and learn new armor to craft or does that come by leveling up the smithing skill automatically?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
you should probably just stick with one character then. Skyrim is designed to create your character as you play.

Also, I believe you need to do smithing activities to level up your smithing. you'll find forge and anvil here and there that you can activate. if you need minerals and ores, you need to find a pickaxe and mine the minerals yourself

Sevron

So, what would be easiest for a new player to Skyrim? A pure magic build or a magic and one hander build. And where do I find the pickaxes and ore at though? Are there mines and all?

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
it really all depends on your playstyle. I originally was a dark elf 100% mage and hated how it played so I restarted as a redguard and enjoyed that. But now I wanted to create a character (Nord) from the region who is pure melee (aside from Shouts and Werewolf) and I LOVE it.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
So, what would be easiest for a new player to Skyrim? A pure magic build or a magic and one hander build. And where do I find the pickaxes and ore at though? Are there mines and all?
you can probably buy pickaxes and ores from some store. if not, you can find them in dungeons and caves. there are mineral veins all over the Skyrim and you need a pickaxe to activate it.

As for the build, I don't know what's an easy build for beginners. I suppose for simplicity, you can go one-handed with a shield.

Eturnus

For blacksmithing, you can got to the 1st town they put you after helglen (i think it s called riverun?) and chat to the blacksmith in town there. He will show you the basics on blacksmithing leatherworking, and weapon/armor improving by giving you some odd jobs around the forge. If anyone else is a fan of the books, it really remind me of the wheel of time. Later in series when Perrin has become a Lord and longs for his roots, so just wanders in a Forge in a small town and starts helping out the local blacksmith.

But i digress. A blacksmith will most likley be able to sell you a pick as well, and if not will have Matrials you can use for the crafting of things.

Hope it Helps!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts