Review I just don't get what people like about this game.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Status
Not open for further replies.

XbSuper

I can't believe this many people replied to a troll thread. If he doesn't like the game, let him go b*tch somewhere else.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
By now, you have seen the entire gamut of responses and (depending on your real reason for the post) are educated or amused. I agree with you on some points: the individual quest lines are linear and areas where you can pick and choose have no effect on really altering the outcome. I think this reflects the difference in ability between an AI and a DM. A human DM can analyze situations, and adjust the storyline, far better than any existing AI. I would love quests that had to be worked out from a variety of hints, observations and deductions: rather than being led by the nose, step-by-step. The problem is, these are VERY hard to code and many players would complain about the difficulty.
On the other hand, many people have trouble finding a group of friends to play with on a regular basis. for them, a game like Skyrim offers a chance to engage in a RPG experience that would not be available otherwise. I find the level of detail and free-form play to be exceptional for a game, and have had more hours of enjoyable play time than almost any other games (comparable to Wizardry [dates me], Myst, Civilization and Battlefront).

THERE IT IS.

No one forced the mods or admin(s?) to make myself and others writers. I consider this wording in your posts to be flaming.
I am truthing my friend, truthing.

Also what is all this troll business?

Anyway, I like the idea of the person above. Let's make an RPG where 4 players go through a quest that is completely imrpov'd by another player who chose to be the DM. It would even be funny when people screw around on it, like telling the four quest-takers to find the hidden sex-toy shop of Atlantis.

I'm not joking around here- I would play that.

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?

Anyway, I like the idea of the person above. Let's make an RPG where 4 players go through a quest that is completely imrpov'd by another player who chose to be the DM. It would even be funny when people screw around on it, like telling the four quest-takers to find the hidden sex-toy shop of Atlantis.

Didn't they make a D&D game?

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
No it was just poorly executed is all.
Well certain people just like video games more and I'll ambit that if their was a good D&D game it would be better then skyrim but unfortunately people can't seem to make good bored game into a good video game.
Oh and congratulating on making such a successful tread

Well certain people just like video games more and I'll ambit that if their was a good D&D game it would be better then skyrim but unfortunately people can't seem to make good bored game into a good video game.
Oh and congratulating on making such a successful tread
Why thank you,

and I completely agree. They need to start taking notes from us.

Kuurus

I just don't get why people constantly make fun of D&D (which i play), but they desire a game just like it. i am 100% serious, I know for a fact, that the people who play skyrim, would more prefer dungeons and dragons like me.

This would free the GOTY for something that is actually entertaining. The linearity of this game, considering it is made in 2011, is absolutely ridiculous.

I am not trying to come off very rude, but I just don't see an appeal for this game other than an entertainment value you could better get from somewhere else. This entire game is like one big meme, and I really do wish it would just die out.

So, I am open to any convincing arguments otherwise, or questions so I could explain myself better.

TL;DR: what makes this game interesting? Whatever it is, i am not seeing it.
The bigger mystery is why someone who doesn't like the game, would bother seeking out a forum dedicated to said game on which to waste their time posting about it.

Epsilon

Shaun
It takes more than that to get to me, pretty weak. I will say i respect your view on all of this and the D&D comparison. I played it growing up with my uncle and cousins, i also played DDO for a bit and i enjoyed it a good bit, definitely had WOW beat. It was just your approach about it that bothered me. Im not the type to pick fights i just say whats on my mind. By no means do i want to make enemies with any of my fellow gamers.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens

This is SUCH a DUMB Idea. If you had a Sex-Toy Shop in Atlantis, all the electronic motors and Eatable Underwear would deteriate from the water.

Pfft, shows what you know.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

Wow, just Wow. Ah well I'll throw my lot in.

Firstly, you cannot possibly compare Pen and paper to a computer game. In a P@P rpg you can do anything. In a computer game there are restrictions, I'm not sure why I even typed that as I know you all know that.

Secondly, the OP is trolling. The reason is simple, you do not join a forum for a game you don't like, you take it back to the shop or trade it in. This is the equivalent of joining a Christian forum and saying "I like paganism better, why do you guys like being Christians?".

Thirdly, now on-topic. The reason why the game is amazing is because of it's scale. I am now on over 600 hours and have yet to finish the main quest. There are so many characters and environments that it can be overwhelming at times. You can create a character out of one of several races and customise their appearance so that they will be unique. You can buy a house, or several, you can upgrade them, you can get married, you can join or not join guilds. You can use or craft a vast array of weapons and armour. You can level up in a fluid manner that suits your style of play. You can be a wood cutter, or a smith or a cook! The graphics are amazing, the snowfall, the Moons, the Northern lights, the mountains in the mist. The shipwrecks. The storyline is absorbing, the main quest and the civil war. You can go anywhere at anytime, one of the least linear games I have ever played. It inspires imagination, don't take my word for it, read some of the fan fics (even my attempt if you are desperate). It surprises you, I still find random encounters I have not seen before. It challenges your character's ethics. It is rewarding to develop your character providing you do not cheat or exploit. The attention to detail in Lore is astounding (read the books). Finally, it is fun. This is why I like the game, this is why many people like the game so much that they joined a forum about it.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Thread lock time.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Promoted to a mod now are you, Su8tle?

In my opinion this thread has run its course. Its providing no value to the forum what so ever, other than to spark arguments with other members. So in my opinion i think the thread should be locked so we can all move on. Its just my opinion, and last time i checked, this was a public forum and expressing my own opinions was allowed. Unless your not allowed to recommend a thread gets shut down unless your a mod now days?

No need to get on your high horse mate.

EDIT: to answer your question, no i do not moderate here, but i do on other forums. And i would have locked this thread by mid page 2 as it was pretty obvious what the OP was trying to do by then. (start fights, stir crap). The forums i moderate are full of people like the OP and we take a hard line on trolls and people posting crap for the sake of annoying people. The moderators here do a good job. I just moderate differently to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts