I have finished all the main quests now what?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

asparticus_maraudius

I am asparticus fear my wrath!!!!!!
okay after I have completed dragon slayer and got a few more spells,I am looking into joining the dark brother hood and I want to ask how can I find more outfits and armour now?

I want to find ebony an glass armour but dont know how? I have steel armour and its very strong on me and I have good health.

but I want more upgrades and how do I get them?

where can I find the dark brotherhood and how can I join them and how can I start a whole lot more skyrim quests? I hope theres alot more to do in skyrim?and get more ranks up.

Gurgeh

Apart from reading a wiki and getting a complete walkthrough, you could just start exploring.
You won't have to look far to uncover a dungeon, cave, fort or quest you've never encountered.
The Dark Brotherhood quest starts somewhere in Windhelm. Ask around in inns, etc., and see if anyone in the game knows.

Jeff the DragonBorn

dude you can't be serious? Skyrim must have 10,000 quests in it. And armor and other equipment is readily available. Listen to the guards and talk to bar keeps and people. They all give you quests. Many of these little nothing quests bring you to much bigger quests.

Jaeger

So, what are you - 15-20 level? To find glass and ebony, you get higher in level and some people will start wearing them. Treasure chests are leveled too, meaning you get higher in level, the higher the goodies. Of course you can make your own, if you have ever examined the constellation perk tree under Smitting. Jebus Chrissy, you're still a noob!

See that little window at the top, a little mountain is a cave - go in there! If it's not locked. Some places are locked until you get the quest giving to you by named NPCs. Although sometimes guards will say, man, I saw the weirdest plops in this cave. And if you look in the upper left corner it says Map Updated. Go there if you have the nuts. Talk to bartenders, the Jarls men will come around to the barkeeps and give them bounty notices to clear out bandit hideouts, kill giants that has been harassing people, etc. Talk to every named NPC and then talk to them again later (certain conditions have to be met before...).

My current play through hasn't even started the main quest and he's a 36 level wood elf ranger.

Just talk to people, accept the mission or turn it down.

Jaeger

Oh, besides the Dragonborn main quest there are:

The Civil War - pick a side.
The companion quests.
The thieves guild quests - go to riften.
The Assassin guild quests.
The Mage guild quests.
The Daedric quests.
The thane quests. Become a thane (a bigwig) in the nine holds. And you have to help five people in the hold and do the Jarls quests (rooting out bandits, killing giants and dragons, etc

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
Theres so much to do. but what i would recommend is to learn and take from this character and create another one, take the game slow and enjoy it. I just created a character last week and havent touched any main quests or guild quests. im level 23 with ebony armor which is now enchanted because im doing things and using skills that i never used on my last character. theres so much to do

Jeff the DragonBorn

I played MOSTLY side quests just to get some experience. I am no where near done and a level 60. I thnik maybe I have done 10% of the main quests.

asparticus_maraudius

yes I am a veteran noob at this game but I am not a bigginner noob but in other words I do have alot to learn about this game yes but i do know alot more then my brother in law who played this game and knows nothing about it so he carries alot of saucepans and bowls and thinks he will make a fortune out of it and walks slow hes a noob in a hundred I am no noob compared to him but im still learning on how this game is played I have alot to learn,yes.so show me more teach me more but i hate beinga noob.

asparticus_maraudius

I ama level 21 going on 22.

asparticus_maraudius

i am going to work on illusion and magic distruction before I work up my physical skills.

Jeff the DragonBorn

Did you find the Oghma Infinium ? I found it in my inventory and had no idea how long it was there. Then I read of an exploit that gave me some additional levels.

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
nobody can teach you how to play the game. thats the best part about it. you have to learn and know what your good at

Jaeger

Well asparticus, you're going have to decide do you want to go with light armor (the glass armor you mentioned) or heavy armor (the ebony armor you mentioned). I started to find them in the wilds (on people or treasure chests and in bits & pieces) around 30 level. Or you can make your own through the Smitting perk tree. You can either buy iron ingots & leather strips from stores (mainly blacksmiths) or find it in the wilds by hunting animals and getting a pick-ax and come across mineral lodes (the cross pick-axes on your radar) or just on the ground. Take them to a smelter (ones in Whiterun) and turn them into ingots. Then start spamming daggers or leather bracers until you hit the skill points to open up Crafting Ebony armor or Glass Armor. At 50 level, you also want to get the middle perk above steel to temper magic items (in case if you find any in the wilds you want to upgrade).

The uesp or the wiki has the locations (just google Skyrim wiki or Skyrim uesp; I look at both; for future reference "any" game has a wiki, not sure about the uesp; this info is gleamed from the coding and people's experience). Just type anything into the search bar (the name of a mission, place, iron ingot, skill name, potions, etc and you're good to go.

If you went archery and swordsman, why destruction magic? And if you want the coveted Invisibility (illusion), the Sneak tree is just as good. Foes pass my wood elf ranger up to attack my follower, I turn around, do a forward roll, come up right behind them, killing animation of double daggers to the neck. If they get pass my bow. Because, it's best to put your level ups in 2 (health and stamina) or (magicka & health). Stamina really help archers with the slo-mo zooming so you want a lot of that. Now, some people who makes a lot of enchanted items and get the double enchantment perk at the top of the enchantment tree can bring the casting cost down to zero... But that takes time and a lot of soul gems.

If you had added Conjuration to your skills you wanted, I could see with a Mystic archer/warrior with the bound bow (go to Fort Amol on the cheap) and bound sword.

Jaeger

Oh, if the mystic warrior sounds good to you and you're not against power leveling - casting soul trap on a dead'un levels it pretty quick. Your archery and weapon perks applies to the bound sword, bound axe and bound bow.

Jaeger

yes I am a veteran noob at this game but I am not a bigginner noob but in other words I do have alot to learn about this game yes but i do know alot more then my brother in law who played this game and knows nothing about it so he carries alot of saucepans and bowls and thinks he will make a fortune out of it and walks slow hes a noob in a hundred I am no noob compared to him but im still learning on how this game is played I have alot to learn,yes.so show me more teach me more but i hate beinga noob.

While that plops isn't worth anything until a high speech, he could transfer it to a dead'un, raise zombie, fast travel to town, zombie ashes at his feet, pick up loot.

okay after I have completed dragon slayer and got a few more spells,I am looking into joining the dark brother hood and I want to ask how can I find more outfits and armour now?

I want to find ebony an glass armour but dont know how? I have steel armour and its very strong on me and I have good health.

but I want more upgrades and how do I get them?

where can I find the dark brotherhood and how can I join them and how can I start a whole lot more skyrim quests? I hope theres alot more to do in skyrim?and get more ranks up.
PLAY THE GAME

asparticus_maraudius

yes I need to keep on playing this game it can be slow and painfull mlost of the time but I have completed over 30 quests now and I am leveling up but my skill level is still a novice point I have along way to go to get through my skills levels I will succeed and I will be a master one day throughout the years I will become a knowledgable player better then my silly brother in law who knows nothing how to play this game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts