I have a new favourite book

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hacksaw

Two weeks ago I borrowed a library book called the Iliad. Since that day, this is the first time I've turn on either my Xbox or my computer, even to check my email (which was overflowing after so long). Actually, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is a bit better way to spend all my free time than video games. :)

My high school english teacher used to rave about Shakespear; frankly I could go either way on that guy. I thought most Isaac Asimov novels were brilliant, especially the Foundation series. There have been lots of books that really amazed me, but never have I loved a book so much I wanted to share it with the whole world.

So if you're reading this, stop what you're doing right now and go get a copy of the Iliad (by Homer). Borrow it from the library. Buy it at a book store. Order it from Amazon. Just go out and get this book right now. Nobody can read The Iliad and not love it. Except for my roommate.

Whenever I get back to playing Skyrim, I'm making a warrior character named Diomedes. "Diomedes, this is nonsense. If Hector said you were a coward, none of his captains would believe it. Neither would those Trojan widows who's men you flung in the dirt."

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
Two weeks ago I borrowed a library book called the Iliad. Since that day, this is the first time I've turn on either my Xbox or my computer, even to check my email (which was overflowing after so long). Actually, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is a bit better way to spend all my free time than video games. :)

My high school english teacher used to rave about Shakespear; frankly I could go either way on that guy. I thought most Isaac Asimov novels were brilliant, especially the Foundation series. There have been lots of books that really amazed me, but never have I loved a book so much I wanted to share it with the whole world.

So if you're reading this, stop what you're doing right now and go get a copy of the Iliad (by Homer). Borrow it from the library. Buy it at a book store. Order it from Amazon. Just go out and get this book right now. Nobody can read The Iliad and not love it. Except for my roommate.

Whenever I get back to playing Skyrim, I'm making a warrior character named Diomedes. "Diomedes, this is nonsense. If Hector said you were a coward, none of his captains would believe it. Neither would those Trojan widows who's men you flung in the dirt."

Read the Odyssey also by Homer it details the misadventures on the voyage home from the war. Bloody awesome!

Hacksaw

Huh, I thought the Odyssey was about Ulysses not being able to return home? Well I'm just finishing The Iliad, so that book is next.

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
Huh, I thought the Odyssey was about Ulysses not being able to return home? Well I'm just finishing The Iliad, so that book is next.

It is my description is just not that great, gald you are enjoying the books!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts