I don't want to frame Brand-Shei :(

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
You could also punch the hell out of the bartender in the ratway until he tells you. (Brawl)

I got tired of Vekl's put downs long time ago , so I just started hitting him with just one punch at a time. He told me to stop Of course , I had to keep it up LOL , Then it went to weapons . I wasted ALL my healing potions , just to stay alive , I could not kill him . I was bout lvl 10 , and did some checking on " Vekel The Man " turned out he is not only the bartender but is also the owner of the flaggon. So I like got that all out of my system .:rolleyes: He ran me clear out of Riften .:p And vex Fined me 1,000 gold.

Ivory

Let's Player

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I actually did just suceed (for the first time ever!) pulling off the take and plant. I was very impressed with my Argonian (considering he'd never pick-pocketed anything before). Now I'll just need to see how it plays out. No spoilers please (although I do see from the above that they never let him go). Maybe I can pay his bounty. Let's see what Maven says. :)

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Is it true that if you talk to Keerava about the Ratways, she will direct you there without having to do Brynjolf's dirty work?
That is true.

Invader Vin

You could also punch the hell out of the bartender in the ratway until he tells you. (Brawl)
Have fun fighting the entire Ragged Flagon for nothing! :rolleyes:
Uh, I've brawled vekel the man on many playthroughs without the flagon attacking me. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/A_Cornered_Rat

I wouldn't mention something that wouldn't work.

You can see the Brawl option at 7:25

That's how I often do the quest myself. I believe you can also brawl dirge to get the info and could swear I did this on one of my earlier playthroughs but I could be mistaken. Actually I just checked it, and yes, you can either persuade, bribe or brawl Dirge as well. It's especially satisfying because it gives me an excuse to beat up on Dirge.

As a few others have pointed out you can simply head straight into the ratway warrens and the quest will go on from there but if you want to keep the story flowing, you do at least have options.