I don't like dogs...I swear I don't.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Rook

Make a fine rug? I don't crochet.
Decapitation 3.jpg

So, in actuality I am not a big fan of dogs. And I am also a big softy. So when the stray dog Fehl'Varra tried to send home followed her and attacked the bandits who assaulted her, the Khajiit had to run all around Helgin saving the dog from the rest of them. Healing spells, jumping between the dog and the bandits. Normally she only does that sort of thing for her wife....Got a great screencap of a decapitation though. Then I sent the mutt on his way.

Anyone know if you can get the stray dog home if I run into him again? This is my second encounter with the little beast.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
There can be more than one stray dog in your game. My characters that use them have encountered second and third ones while running around with their pet stray dog.

If you tell the stray dog to go home it often glitches and doesn't go back to the place where you first encountered it. Although it doesn't always work, you can try to take advantage of this glitch to make the stray dog into your house dog by bringing it to your home and ordering him to stay. When you get the message that the stray dog got tired of waiting and went home it often ends up staying in your house indefinitely. You should be forewarned that the dog tends to knock over things so your house may a bit messy whenever you come home. Also, your housecarl is not particularly fond of your dog.

The Rook

Make a fine rug? I don't crochet.
That's
Although it doesn't always work, you can try to take advantage of this glitch to make the stray dog into your house dog by bringing it to your home and ordering him to stay. When you get the message that the stray dog got tired of waiting and went home it often ends up staying in your house indefinitely. You should be forewarned that the dog tends to knock over things so your house may a bit messy whenever you come home. Also, your housecarl is not particularly fond of your dog.

Awesome, I considered trying to take it home but glad I didn't, I like neat houses. Thanks for the info!