PC I can't uninstall Ultimate Follower Overhaul (UFO)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Taylorman1227

Hi. I can't uninstall the mod Ultimate Follower Overhaul, without my game crashing to desktop after the Bethesda logo when you first load up Skyrim. I followed the tutorial suggested by the Author on the mod page about visiting "Tina the Torchbug" (seriously) and asking it to delete all of my data about the mod. It then says that I can uninstall the mod like any other. Like most of my mods I used the Nexus Mod Manager to do so but nothing seems to work, apart from leaving the mod on at all times just so I can get on to the game, even though I really dislike it.

Here is the link to the Mod page if you want to see it: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14037/?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Iveri Sarothil

Have you tried actually deleting it through NMM? Seems odd that the only way to get rid of it would be in-game. As long as you dismiss all of your followers before deleting the mod, it shouldn't cause any issues.

Nighthiker77

The in game feature probably stops the scripts in your save so it can be removed without breaking the save. That is probably supposed to be done before you unistalled the mod.

I use XFL extensible follower framework and I love it.

Taylorman1227

I've tried through Nexus and I've followed the instructions for deactivating it in-game. I'm going to try something called TES5 Edit now because I've heard tha could help.

Iveri Sarothil

If TES5 doesn't work, maybe try disabling all of your other mods except for that one, moving to the appropriate location to delete it, and then re-enabling them?

Berto665

Yea this happened to me too.
So i did a little sniffing through my folder and mods, and after removing it, you would have to make sure other mods dont co-aside with it. In my case it was the hotkey mod, so i reinstalled the hotkey mod without making a patch with UFO and i also had to re-do my Dual Steath patch as well. After all that, it stoped crashing on me. Hope this helps.

and i know this is an old post, but just in case it happens to someone now.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts