PS3 I can't find Thane Maven Black Briar

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I have purchased my house in Riften but I want my housecarl. I have Dampening The Spirits Quest completed except the 'Speak with Maven' but I can't find Maven to finish my quest. I have found evidence of the skooma dealers but no Maven. She is never in Mistveil Keep nor is she in the Bee and Barb, Helgas Bunkhouse or... anywhere is seems. Please help me find Maven Black-Briar - Jarl of Riften (Imperial)

Thanks!

Ironclad

Annoyingly, she hides. For some odd reason she is to be found in the Bee n Barb, upstairs on the landing and sat in a dark corner, near one of the bedroom doors.
Remember to use the compass.
As for your housecarl, she ought be home waiting for you.

Annoyingly, she hides. For some odd reason she is to be found in the Bee n Barb, upstairs on the landing and sat in a dark corner, near one of the bedroom doors.

I acquired the house in Riften during the civil war quests (also the Markarth house) which delayed me getting the houses and allowed me to get both houses before becoming thane. So I had a room in my Markarth house that wasn't furnished until I had become thane.

That is probably the key to getting the house carl for Honeyside in Riften. That house also has an empty room. I just have to find Maven. Odd that a jarl would avoid her castle. The only thing in her palace I find is her annoying staff and dysfunctional family, not to mention her insane wizard. I'll look for Maven in that place you mentioned.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Maven's routine changes once she becomes Jarl. She should be on the throne at Mistveil Keep or in her bedroom there. She can also be found at the Thalmor Embassy during the Diplomatic Immunity quest.

Be advised that if you've previously broken into the Honningbrew Meadery you wont be able to get this quest from her.

Maven's routine changes once she becomes Jarl. She should be on the throne at Mistveil Keep or in her bedroom there. She can also be found at the Thalmor Embassy during the Diplomatic Immunity quest.

Be advised that if you've previously broken into the Honningbrew Meadery you wont be able to get this quest from her.

She is never in her throne or room. I have completed diplomatic immunity and I am sure I have broken into every place in Riften so I guess I will never see her again, get a housecarl or the housecarl room furnishings.
Major drag. Shame that a little innocent exploration can screw up such a major aspect of the game.

juniperbugg

Skyrim addict
Did you finish the civil war quest line? And are you imperial or stormcloak? Basically who holds riften? If riften is in stormcloak hands maven will not be on her throne as she will not be jarl anymore.

Did you finish the civil war quest line? And are you imperial or stormcloak? Basically who holds riften? If riften is in stormcloak hands maven will not be on her throne as she will not be jarl anymore.
Imperial. I finished all of the civil war quests, however, one of the quests 'glitched' out and is fully complete except "Report to General Tullius" is unable to complete. It's a known issue and doesn't seem to effect the events that proceed the civil war. So Maven is Thane and her weird sons are always in the house along with her protector and insane court wizard but no Maven....not in the throne or her room.

Honningbrew Meadery isn't in Riften. It's in Whiterun Hold.
That's right. I probably did the first day or two I got the game can't remember. (since it's right between Riverwood and Whiterun.) I was able to do the Dampening Spirits quest with no issue except the last part "Speak with Maven'.

juniperbugg

Skyrim addict
Did you check upstairs in the bee and barb? This is where she was when I did this quest, she wasnt jarl for me at that
Point but that might be where she is hiding out?

Did you check upstairs in the bee and barb? This is where she was when I did this quest, she wasnt jarl for me at that
Point but that might be where she is hiding out?

Okay, so I went upstairs at the Bee n Barb and sure enough she was just sitting there. Now that we have spoken she is in Mistveil Keep being a total B*#@& meanie. I guess I have too help out more before she gives me a house carl. The 'Interrupt The Skooma Operation' is bugged so I will have to return a few times to get the death toll up to complete that. (I read somewhere that was the fix)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts