PC I am experiencing temporary lag?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Calcifer

Okay, so sometimes when I open Skyrim, maybe 6/10 times, the smoke on the title screen is laggy and so is the mouse cursor. If I try to enter the game like this, my FPS is just horrible. This only happens half the time so I am confused as to why it happens? Can anyone help?

Purdekat

Okay, so sometimes when I open Skyrim, maybe 6/10 times, the smoke on the title screen is laggy and so is the mouse cursor. If I try to enter the game like this, my FPS is just horrible. This only happens half the time so I am confused as to why it happens? Can anyone help?

Maybe you have lots of saved games, I had this problem after saving 305 games lol but after deleting all but 5 everything was fine again. Hope this helps.

Stone

Retired Moderator
The loading of the title screen in Fallout New Vegas sometimes lags for me, but doesn't affect any FPS in-game. Might be a bethesda-related bug. Not sure how to fix it though.

Purdekat

Go to Load, highlight save you want to delete by pressing X, you will then get a small screen asking if you want to delete that save, press enter. Sounds a bit cumbersome but once you get in the swing of it is fine.

Calcifer

Go to Load, highlight save you want to delete by pressing X, you will then get a small screen asking if you want to delete that save, press enter. Sounds a bit cumbersome but once you get in the swing of it is fine.
Ohhh no, I know what you mean, I saved over the top of my original save each time so I only have one save slot per character :S

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I had over a thousand saves on PC and didn't have an issue. I do know the opening lag you're talking about, but it never translated into the game itself. I also play with the internet connection disabled on my computer so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.