Quest I am confused

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DragonMyth

Slay 'em.
So I forget what the quest is called. All I know is that its on that Island DLC, Solestheim I believe, and giant mushrooms are involved. Alright, so here's the problem: When I get to the place where I'm supposed to go, there are 3 unhappy mages standing outside the... Err... Giant mushroom. Now I assume since this is a quest where you just have to talk to somebody everyone's gonna be neutral... But nooo. I get a warm welcome by the three mages by them attacking me. I chop chop my double wielding ebony war axes on one of the Mages. Eventually he just kneels on the ground saying "I yield! I yield!" But I know better from past expierence that that statement will always result in more of your own bloodshed so I try killing him, but he just keeps kneeling there. I'm like great, one of these guys. I'm like "fluff it, I'm out of here". So I run into the giant mushroom and float up.

I assume the guy I have to talk to will be nice. WRONG! Right when I show up, he starts shooting Magic crap at me. I hack at him, until he does this tornado thing and I'm like "Now what the hell do I do?" My magic skills aren't that great, neither is my archery. Besides, aren't I suppose to just talk to him? Why are these peopl attacking me? Should I work on Leveling up?

If it helps, I'm a level 40 Warrior. This is my first playthrough.

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
Honestly, Solstheim was a huge let down for me. I try and avoid that place if at all possible. However, the fact the Mages won't die and are therefore set as Essential, is particularly disturbing. Sounds like a bug.

rlang290

If I recall there were two mages attacking the third. If you can reload and start again make sure you only attack the two with the red markers. The other Mage is the apprentice of the Mage you're there to see.
I hope that helps.

Tryn

Premium Member
The other option is to reload and ignore the apprentice mage issue altogether as you're not there to see him anyway.
That said, if he attacked you unprovoked it does sound like a possible bug.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts