• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
i kill giants with ease at level 9 an imperial bow 12 damage and iron arrows 10 damage so is that an unfiar advantage?
My point wasn't about "Fairness", but actual skills. If you train with high ground advantage, so you just have to stand there, pull, and release, that's fine, for giants near a place to stand. You'll get your Archery Skill up, but that doesn't make You an archer. Eventually, you'll have to go underground, or into a fort where you're outnumbered, and the archers up on the walls have the high ground. You didn't train for this, so your high Archrey Skill is just damage, you'll still get beaten down by the meleers, while their buddies fill you full of arrows 3, or more at a time, unless you move. Alls I'm saying is, don't train for the best possible scenario, train for the worst, so when it comes along, you're ready for it.

And bump the Difficulty up. If you shoot Giants on Master, safe spot, or not, you'll have to use more arrows, and therefore gain more XP per giant. 1 should be several levels, and if there's a couple, plus their Mammoths, you can put a big dent in your levels in one sitting, instead of going to find new targets. Swing by Greymore, clean it out, and come back when it's full of Imperials. Each one has about 20 steelies, and the whole fort is worth about 200. That should be enough for a couble giants, at least. They respawn every 48 hours. The Civil War quests have a bunch of these fort missions, and you can come back (To Sungard, for instance) for more arrows over, and over. Also, draugr dungeons are great places for Ancient Nord Arrows, which are as good as Steelies, except their coin value.

None of these have easy to get to high ground where you can safely shoot them without getting hit, so you might want to practice your Shoot&Scoot tactics first.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
Just for fun I took a dog hunting with me on my new build. Since I was still at the point where I could barley one shot a bunny. And it was kinda nice to have Meeko run down the elk I just wounded.

Just for fun I took a dog hunting with me on my new build. Since I was still at the point where I could barley one shot a bunny. And it was kinda nice to have Meeko run down the elk I just wounded.

Yeah hunting with a dog can be fun. I just wish you could give them commands. Ah well they can't all be as smart as Dogmeat.

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
Pffh... Who needs bows and arrows when you have SWAG?

deikos

My point wasn't about "Fairness", but actual skills. If you train with high ground advantage, so you just have to stand there, pull, and release, that's fine, for giants near a place to stand. You'll get your Archery Skill up, but that doesn't make You an archer. Eventually, you'll have to go underground, or into a fort where you're outnumbered, and the archers up on the walls have the high ground. You didn't train for this, so your high Archrey Skill is just damage, you'll still get beaten down by the meleers, while their buddies fill you full of arrows 3, or more at a time, unless you move. Alls I'm saying is, don't train for the best possible scenario, train for the worst, so when it comes along, you're ready for it.

And bump the Difficulty up. If you shoot Giants on Master, safe spot, or not, you'll have to use more arrows, and therefore gain more XP per giant. 1 should be several levels, and if there's a couple, plus their Mammoths, you can put a big dent in your levels in one sitting, instead of going to find new targets. Swing by Greymore, clean it out, and come back when it's full of Imperials. Each one has about 20 steelies, and the whole fort is worth about 200. That should be enough for a couble giants, at least. They respawn every 48 hours. The Civil War quests have a bunch of these fort missions, and you can come back (To Sungard, for instance) for more arrows over, and over. Also, draugr dungeons are great places for Ancient Nord Arrows, which are as good as Steelies, except their coin value.

None of these have easy to get to high ground where you can safely shoot them without getting hit, so you might want to practice your Shoot&Scoot tactics first.
ye but im a warrior not a hunter or acher i just use my imperial bow and my iron arrows on the enemies that are supposed to be stronger rest of time against melee and ranged ill run in and use steel warhammer to kill them in 1 to 3 hits and either lose very little life or no life and i am just doing quests little by little as i travel around the reason im facing giants is because i have to go round there camp to get to my destination but decided to kill them instead.

ye but im a warrior not a hunter or acher i just use my imperial bow and my iron arrows on the enemies that are supposed to be stronger rest of time against melee and ranged ill run in and use steel warhammer to kill them in 1 to 3 hits and either lose very little life or no life and i am just doing quests little by little as i travel around the reason im facing giants is because i have to go round there camp to get to my destination but decided to kill them instead.
Ok, yeah, that makes a bit of a difference. When you can just pull out a Warhammer, and mash them flat whenever they close, it makes most of my advice for a more Archer oriented character obsolete. No way of knowing it, though, in a thread about Hunting after all. Still might want to use a little evasion with giants, though, unless you like the view.

deikos

i only use my steel warhammer on weak opponents though i use my imperial bow and arrows on stronger opponents because so far the ones that are supposed to be strong are melee so i dont have to get close and take serious damage and i get to use up the huge amount of arrows i have.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts