How you get your armor/weapons?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

How do you get your armor/weapons?

• Total voters

tigersauce

Caravan Guard
How do you all get your desired armor/weapons? Do you smith them, buy them, or loot them? I'm sure there are other ways of getting them too though so I'll leave an Other option.

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
I chose smithing because of my Daedric that rolled with like 2 months ago. I earned my Nightingale Armor Set during the Thieves Guild chain and it is GREAT with an assassin.

Demented_Demon

Full time badass
I smith, although you have to forge a load of iron daggers to get anything worth while. If youre aiming to get a nice set of Daedric armor/wepons its the best way. also, if you are i high enough level in smithing you can improve wepons and armor, which is really useful. Buying is probably Cheeper after you've spent all your gold on leather and iron, and its a lot quicker, but unrealiable if you're aiming for a certian item. Btw, what would be under other?

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
I level my smithing pretty well by improving most of the armour I loot of bandits before I sell it. It's a more natural way to level it.

I stole my first Blade of Woe from Astrid then earned my second from her at the end of the Brotherhood questline

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Since my "main" character is a Mage, I chose "Other"... simply meaning I acquired them via quest.

Even in the high 5x levels, I'm still using the same Archmage Robes I've been wearing for the last 40 levels, the same Gauldur Necklace. I do have some self-enchanted boots, gloves, circlet, and a ring though, none of it great.

Once my Enchanting gets to 100, I'll look into doing full enchantments on some clothing picked up at the Radiant Raiment.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Thus far, at the beginning, I typically buy items or use ones obtained from quests, while later on I've smithed and enchanted weapons and shields myself, and used a combination of Thieves Guild and Nightinggale armor which I've upgraded myself.

I've just started a new game with a character who cannot craft anything (including upgrading), so he'll only be using whatever he can buy, loot from enemies, or receives from a quest - and he won't be in the Thieves Guild, so my favorite armor is a no-go this time around. Definitely a new experience and a challenge for me. After this game I plan to play a character who can't buy anything, so he'll be limited to whatever he can craft (might be tough since he won't be able to buy the materials), loot, steal, or receive from quests.

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
i had to do a double vote..I have a God-like character that pretty much rapes everything and he likes to smith daedric everything, and then i have a little up-start girl that I am trying to not break by making her a smithing/enchanting queen

mellojoe

I smith. It allows me to pick and choose exactly what I want. But, I also loot and collect everything, not just for money but in order to put pieces together in different combinations.

Currently wearing Ebony armor with the Blades helmet and the Dragonbane sword and a Daedric shield.

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
Smithing was fun, but there was less of a challenge once I had smithed something. I enjoy looting my things off of my enemies, because then it would level the playing field a little bit more. Plus, I get to do more fighting instead of watching my character make his new fighting equipment.

I enjoyed looting my gear from fallen foes. But I am still enjoying making my own gear for specific reasons. Example: enchanting a set of gear to help me carry more stuff out of a dungeon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Nakatsu_Hime

I don't generally like heavy armour. It tends to look far less sexy, and as a Wood Elf I need sexy.

Up to now I've found all of mine in various places and on various corpses, but I'm getting to the 'I think I'll have a shot at making my own' stage.
I fancy some really cool and tough leather armour (for the guys to ogle at you understand), and it's all got to match - obviously. So that's what I'm working towards.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts