How we can talk about Hitler without getting banned for it...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Prometheus100c

Prometheus
...on a more serious note my grandparents met in a hospital after being called back from Europe during WWII because they both got tuberculosis. If you killed Hitler my family wouldn't even exist. Point is morality gets really confounding where time travel is concerned, so be careful when killing the Hitlers of the world, it could effect more than you'd expect.

Dude..!! are you trying to fish up sympathy on the internet?
A tip is to take a jar and go outside, then start filling it with air, who knows maybe you catch some sympathy from a nice guy!

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn
Paarthunax is the Dragon version of Hitler and every other mass murdering Dictator.. What would you do if Hitler was still alive but "turned good"? Even Paarthunax says it himself that " its wise not to trust me". You are Dragonborn sent by the Gods to destroy those menaces of the face of Nirn. If Hitler was alive and turned "good " I would have no problems killing him.. think of all the dying scared starving kids that hitler killed.. Hitler is Paarthunax exept parthunax killed more people. You were sent to destroy them not to sit around and preach love like the Greybeards do tge Greybeards wanted the world to end and be "reborn" lol the greybeards are a joke they and even Ulfric knew they were out therenordbla
You have your quotation incorrect and incomplete, a common tactic for bad points in arguments.
'The Blades are wise not to trust me, I would not trust another Dovah' Granted I did miss out some Dovah speech in between.
He's saying that they are wise not to trust him because of the innate will to dominate, that all Dovah hold, his argument centralizes on the fact that Paarthurnax himself has overcome this will to dominate and that he can be trusted. I try to stray from Paarthurnax's arguments and instead rely on what Arngeir says, now I cannot remember his exact quote so I will paraphrase, if anyone can correct me I would be thankful. 'Are you really so guiltless as to execute him?' Now I'm not speaking for every player here but I am sure that most players are in the moral gray at last and will have murdered someone. I've already made a point in your comparison with Hitler, but i'll focus on the morality of the the Blades.
The Blades openly hunt down sentient beings with the sole purpose of killing them, sticking to the dogma that these beings must be exterminated in order to bring peace to a set of species that is naturally violent. The Blades are sticking to hatred for their motivation against Paarthurnax. My argument, the game is well written, I personally believe that Paarthurnax has redeemed himself, but he should be eyed with caution.

Adam Warlock

Let`s leave the role-playing aspect to the side for a moment and discuss this decision`s effect on actual game play.

For the record , my character had already formed the Blades and recruited it`s 3 new members BEFORE being asked to kill Paarthurnax.
Had likewise completed Esbern`s mini-quest( his reward potion didn`t work) and hunted with the assembled Blades on several occasions prior to deciding on this issue.

My choices were :

Kill Paarthurnax -
benefits = continued radiant dragon hunts with the Blades and a temporary blessing from Esbern that`s only useful against dragons

Spare Paarthurnax -
benefits = choice of 3 dragon word meditations

So sparing him wasn`t a hard decision.
I know where the dragons hang out and can hunt them any time I want with or without compatriots.
If desired , I can still take my Blades with me albeit one at a time.
Farkas of the Companions also offers a dragon hunt quest if I want a random choice to be made or I can seek a Jarl`s bounty on the beasts for a little extra gold and a thank you.

But Paarthurnax gave me a unique 25% boost for the power of my Fire Breath Shout (3 words now= 112 dmg!)
This has been an extremely useful tool in my battles vs. vampires and other enemies that are weak to fire as I can open with a potent staggering shout of flame and then immediately shoot salvos of arrows or magic to finish the job

With Dragonborn DLC , I`m now looking forward to supplementing this with the Dragonborn Flame ability that creates a Fire Wyrm to fight for you whenever you kill a foe with Fire Breath

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
People offended by the subject don't need medication or mental help because they are offended. Have you ever spoken to a holocaust survivor? Have you sat with them or their children or grandchildren and seen the abject horror that lives behind their eyes? Unless you have walked a mile in their shoes, I suggest you keep your belittlement of their opinions to yourself.

Did you miss the part where I also specified I wasn't deleting the thread? Berating the people who reported this is not in your best interest.

HELP ME THIS POST IS SO AWESOME I CAN'T STOP READING IT.

paarthunax has got a soul just like ye and me he aint evil he overcame the drive to CHOMP EM and butcher em with his high temp breathing.

Wakes up in the morning, half past five,
Chops from sunrise to sunset,
I don't see how he stays alive,
Meat's gonna be the death of ol' Pete yet.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
...on a more serious note my grandparents met in a hospital after being called back from Europe during WWII because they both got tuberculosis. If you killed Hitler my family wouldn't even exist. Point is morality gets really confounding where time travel is concerned, so be careful when killing the Hitlers of the world, it could effect more than you'd expect.

Then again, if he hadn't been killed before his rise to power, many others would be alive today. That's the confusing part of this whole time travel thing. For example, say you went to a bar and met your future best friend. You think "If I hadn't been in that bar at that moment, I would've never met him. But then, if you had stayed home, or gone somewhere else, you could have met someone else instead.

Choices are confusing :p

stagnant94

because it's a video game and i really don't care that much about parthurnaax's past. he's got a cool voice so he stays.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
because it's a video game and i really don't care that much about parthurnaax's past. he's got a cool voice so he stays.

You're kind of [Insert idiom about not fitting in here]], then. Many people (including myself) do care about the lore and are willing to argue about it. That's just what a game of this caliber does.

jRi0T68

HELP ME THIS POST IS SO AWESOME I CAN'T STOP READING IT.

Wakes up in the morning, half past five,
Chops from sunrise to sunset,
I don't see how he stays alive,
Meat's gonna be the death of ol' Pete yet.

Nice Butcher Pete reference. Fallout 3 is one of my all-time favorite games.

As to the subject at hand: horrible comparison.

I've been to Dachau. I couldn't bear to take a picture, out of respect for the sorrow endured there. I could feel it in the air. It's tangible. Hitler may not be the only person in history to orchestrate such an atrocity, but any comparison from video game characters to real life atrocities shows significant immaturity, ignorance and disrespect for all who endured what actually happened.

Omega Dragon

Bad analogy, but I'll play along.

I couldn't care less about Hitler. He was a small fish in a big pond. Nothing worthy of wasting a kill on until the other world leaders of the day were dead (except for Emperor Hirohito).

Paarthunax, I'd have no problem saving for reasons entirely different. What are they? To grow stronger; to refine my skills as a warrior. And I'd have him turned into a vampire-dragon of some sort, experiment with him to create a new race. Etc.

Monkeyzero

I hope we all realize a few critical things in this thread.
1. Nordwarrior88 is most definitely nordicvampirewhatever
2. Stating that his/her interests are the exact opposite is a clear indicator of such
3. He/she only starts these "controversial" threads for attention. (As proven by the previous meltdown and quit thread)
4. He/she is getting exactly what they want by continuing the discussion
5. This community is excellent and can have a "controversial" discussion without it escalating out of control
6. Nordwarriorvampire88andstuff is immature and not 24.
7. I'm brand new here and observed all of this easily.
8. I just changed my sons 3rd poop diaper of the day because he's on antibiotics for an ear infection.

Carry on. Love ya! :cool:

Sent from The Nether

Yah believe what you want and I am 24 and I didn't know that it would be such a big deal comparing Hitler with that dragon sorry if iter anybody's feelings but where I come from being direct with things is the way to go . Being Soft in this world dont give you respect.. Just somethin to think about. And I'm not the 1 who keeps talking about it

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Yah believe what you want and I am 24 and I didn't know that it would be such a big deal comparing Hitler with that dragon sorry if iter anybody's feelings but where I come from being direct with things is the way to go . Being Soft in this world dont give you respect.. Just somethin to think about. And I'm not the 1 who keeps talking about it

Where I come from, directness out of respect is the rule of the land. Still, there is a way to be direct without being a totally unsympathetic asswipe about it.

You want direct? If you didn't think that comparing any portion of a GAME with one of the most infamously evil rulers in human history would trip someone's trigger, you're either inane or a total clown.

You're not sorry about anything. "Sorry" indicates an acknowledgement of wrongdoing. You don't say you're sorry then proceed to tell us all why you weren't wrong in the first place. If you're going to be direct, don't apologize. I sure won't.

I don't care how old you are or what other account you may or may not have had here. I look at individual member accounts first. In this thread, you've either posted from a platform of total ignorance of the ramifications of your words or you're a troll trying to get a rise out of people.

So if you want to dance about this, you get to dance with me.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Then again, if he hadn't been killed before his rise to power, many others would be alive today. That's the confusing part of this whole time travel thing. For example, say you went to a bar and met your future best friend. You think "If I hadn't been in that bar at that moment, I would've never met him. But then, if you had stayed home, or gone somewhere else, you could have met someone else instead.

Choices are confusing :p

That's why I think time travel isn't possible IRL, too many conundrums.

Prometheus100c

Prometheus
Where I come from, directness out of respect is the rule of the land. Still, there is a way to be direct without being a totally unsympathetic asswipe about it.

You want direct? If you didn't think that comparing any portion of a GAME with one of the most infamously evil rulers in human history would trip someone's trigger, you're either inane or a total clown.

You're not sorry about anything. "Sorry" indicates an acknowledgement of wrongdoing. You don't say you're sorry then proceed to tell us all why you weren't wrong in the first place. If you're going to be direct, don't apologize. I sure won't.

I don't care how old you are or what other account you may or may not have had here. I look at individual member accounts first. In this thread, you've either posted from a platform of total ignorance of the ramifications of your words or you're a troll trying to get a rise out of people.

So if you want to dance about this, you get to dance with me.

This post is going to get you alot of kissassery. But again your position in this site is also a matter to take.
And if you really care about my opinion about the thread creator, i think it's not that bad. You can get a discussion and as far we got funny posters, serious jews and nerds speculating the lore etc.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Cry about it you dumb <nonsensical anti-semitic drivel> ... What I said wasn't even that bad so go <thoroughly enjoy> yourselves

Oh, now you've gone and done it.

P.S. Just for that, you are the worst human being alive. Unless you're trolling.

So that's why everyone around here sucks just a bunch of <people from historically significant and storied cultural backgrounds> ban me <ask and ye shall receive...> I don't give a crap

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts