how to use dagger with sneak?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tactikul

Hardcore Button Masher
Is there any benefit to dual wielding daggers when you backstab, or are you only attacking with one dagger?
If you can get an attack off with both while sneaking you get the damage multiplier with both. However, It's not a big deal if you have all the right gear and enchantments, you'll 1-shot things with only one dagger

Panthera

Don Gato
Ok I answer several questions. I don't know if there is a bonus having two daggers equipped but I do for 2 reasons one is that I have left dagger enchanted with soul trap on right hand blade of woe. Now another reason is I have habit to switch to dual swords if I get detected and than fight head on. Now the thing is if I notice opponents are easier to kill I don't switch to dual sword.

Killing in sneak mode... I just click once for attack (almost every-time is cut-scene)... no need for power attacking because it's a waste of stamina (One advice if you are use dual wielding... only use light weapons, like glass, elven... because you will burn more stamina).

I used it only once when I trained one hand on my Shadowmere. I had two Iron daggers and just for curiosity I did power attack to see how much damage I'll do to him... result... I killed him, so I need it to reload the save.

When it comes to bows I use it for taking down archers, enemy's who are out of reach or for clearing area to have less enemy's to kill in melee.

brandon

Obviously you're not a true assassin, unworthy for the Dark Brotherhood.
unworthy of the db he says. im not gonna join them till they stop sending assassins after me. i keep all the letters on me and i have 5 so far. im still trying to make a name for myself till they invite me.

Grey Fox

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe that Armsman(1 hand dam perk) affects daggers at all, only 1 hand swords, maces and axes.

brandon

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe that Armsman(1 hand dam perk) affects daggers at all, only 1 hand swords, maces and axes.
i think it should affect any 1h weapon i could be wrong. but my current character is the first to use daggers at all he started with 2 iron daggers but upgraded to glass and the blade sword.after he got tired of running from a fight after messing up and being spotted.

Tactikul

Hardcore Button Masher
"Armsman" affects all one-hand weapons. The "Blademaster"(Or some other such title) that is on the second tier of the 1h perk tree only affects swords.

chopstx

A few things I tested recently.

Power Attack damage is accounted for when doing sneak attacks.

Savagery(dual wield power attack perk) only works if you have a weapon in both hands, but you don't have to execute a power attack with both hands to get the bonus. This increases the potential damage you can do from a backstab/sneak attack.

Armsman perk does increase dagger damage. However, the increase 1-hand damage by % enchant does not affect daggers.

This is probably all on some wiki somewhere, but I haven't checked yet...

brandon

i only put two points into armsman but the 15x dam perk is more then fine. ive been investing my perks into sneak all but the last, smithing to glass,and archery all but the last. i put 3 on the first pickpocet perk. my next thing im gonna put points into is speech.

Sentinala

Premium Member
meh - bows are more efficient

bows = 3 enemies = 3 shots.

daggers u gota get in then sneak aorund - roll around - etc

too much hassle - but ill give it a go on my next DB char

brandon

bows are a great complement to daggers or vise versa. and you dont need to invest in 1h very heavily at all so you can use those points on sneak archery and light armor. and if you play around with throw voice then you can clear anything fairly effectively. without giving away your position. i use my bow as my primary weapon and my dagger/sword as a weapon of oppertunity. i still love watching me slit a guys throat

BeastAndAMidget

A Hardcore Mage
I use dual daggers I have 100 sneak so i'm pretty much invisible.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts