how to sneak attack with allies around?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

flamewolf393

My assassin really hates the big battles where you charge in with a bunch of allies, because an allies' line of sight ruins sneaking just like enemy line of sight, and allies can see you a lot easier than enemies. Is this intentional or a bug? And is there any way around it?

dysomniak

I assume you're talking about the Civil War quests? I've had similar issues, even while invisible. However I think sneak attack bonuses apply to any enemy who isn't aware of your presence, regardless of whether allies can see you. Somehow once the melee has begun it seems impossible to reclaim the stealth advantage. Maybe sneak attacks don't work on enemies already engaged in combat? Or maybe I'm wrong. I'd appreciate clarification on this myself.

flamewolf393

Not just civil war quest, but any quest with allies that are not followers. The companion quest, alduins wall, anything. If you are near or in line of sight of an ally, you are "detected" and cannot sneak attack, period. I have tested this over and over again.

dysomniak

That's odd, I could swear that when I was doing the Alduin's Wall bit I spent most of my time sniping hostiles who were in melee with my allies. But I could be misremembering.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts