• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Panthera

Don Gato

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
All things considered, most of those perks are unnecessary, they just make it a little easier. You can obtain each effect with a little work and patience.

thx for the advices guys im going to wait a while before making an assassin ima beat the game with my first character but when i do make a stealth ill definitely come back and reread all these advice.

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
Bros, chill. There's no reason to argue about who's advice is superior. (8)) Give your advice, and let him pick, and chose. That's how it works, and no amount of jockying for position on the scrotum pole is going to change that.
This here is the only person I tend to follow...and I'm a veteran Assassin (Level 81 in Skyrim...Beat Oblivon and all DLC's using my Bosmer Assassin/Listener). Even with all that knowledge, Psi has taught me a lot about Skyrim and his approach has made a better game for me. That's my advice.

JoeReese

My Orc Stormcloak spell-sword managed to sneak all over the DB sanctuary, while he was ... er ... removing them from operational status.

My Orc Stormcloak spell-sword managed to sneak all over the DB sanctuary, while he was ... er ... removing them from operational status.
That place has the worst security ever, after you learn the Passphraze. They trust the door so much they invariably sit with their backs to doors, except Nazir, who you can get from the doorway with an arrow if you know the layout. Honestly, they're the Easiest assassinations in the game. I've had more trouble with Narfi.

Andre2807

This is only a suggested build, but this is my assassin:
Sneak, Archery, One Handed, Illusion, Light Armor. (My build also has Enchanting in it, but I don't need to say that since it does not fully relate to the topic at hand)

Sneak. To not be seen.
Archery. To attack from afar when no one sees me.
One Handed. When I've been seen.
Light Armor. To protect me when I've been seen.
Illusion. To make them believe that they have not seen me (Calm), to make them crazy (Frenzy), to walk with out being heard (Muffle) and (again) to not be seen (Invisibility).

There are many debates about which skills is best. Take what you think is best for you. If you want to cast big shiny magics while hiding do it. If you want to arrow enemies in their knee. Do it. If you want to be a backstabber, do it.

This is my playstyle:
1.Target far, you hidden: Bow
2.Target far, you spotted: Bow
3.Target rushing: Punch with Bow, Calm
4.Target cannot be Calmed: Dual Wield One Handed
5.Target a tough son of a: Dual Wield One Handed (and pray) or run
6.Target Calmed: Backstab
7.Target close, you hidden: Backstab
8.Target backstabbed, but not dead: Calm, Backstab (cannot Calm, repeat number 4)
9.Anything you know for a fact you cannot take out at your level: Run
10.Groups of enemies that's far: Fury
11.Laughablitly: Piss off a group of giants, run into city, cast Mayhem

hey guys i decided to make my mage half assassin 100 sneak and all the perks leveled up but i still cant seem to one-shot targets any reason why? im a high elf and using glass dagger

Panthera

Don Gato
hey guys i decided to make my mage half assassin 100 sneak and all the perks leveled up but i still cant seem to one-shot targets any reason why? im a high elf and using glass dagger
Did you temper the dagger?

Panthera

Don Gato
If you want to do more damage level up blacksmith to 100 (pick the material which you will wear or weapon you'll use) and enchanting to 100 (put 8 perks in the middle of skill tree). That can be a bit tedious job.

Edit: When you done. Enchant 2 pieces of armor one necklace and one ring with grand soul gems using fortify blacksmith skill. That will give you 25% better smithing per item which makes 100% better smithing. After that go to grind stone sharp the dagger.

Are you getting the Backstab multiplier? There's a distinctive "THUNK!" sound when you pull it off. If you run into them before the strike, it can raise their awareness, and deny you the extra damage, so be careful on the approach. How much is their life total going down? If it's just a little, chances are you're only doing dagger damage. Also, I hate to ask such a "Have you tried turning the computer On?" question, but you are crouched when you attack, right? If it's just a sliver left, then hit them again before they recover, and next time, use a Power Attack. Regarless, the extra damage doesn't kick in unless you're 1) crouched, 2) undetected, and 3) using an appropriate weapon (Dagger for Assassin's Blade.) And finally, you can get the Shrouded Gloves/Handwraps to double your backstab damage (30x with Assassin's Blade) which really helps. For Enchantment, I stack as much Fortify 1H on as possible so the number multiplied is at it's maximum. Likewise, you can smith up to higher damage, but you shouldn't be unable to backstab Anything unless you aren't getting any multipliers to begin with. To be clear, you mean regular Bandits, Wolves, and Skeevers as well as tougher foes like Bosses, right? Yeah, try crouching.

Panthera

Don Gato
um wut? is blacksmit smithing? also what perk is that?
Here are the perks you need in smithing (if you want for glass dagger and bow) and enchanting tree.

Are you getting the Backstab multiplier? There's a distinctive "THUNK!" sound when you pull it off. If you run into them before the strike, it can raise their awareness, and deny you the extra damage, so be careful on the approach. How much is their life total going down? If it's just a little, chances are you're only doing dagger damage. Also, I hate to ask such a "Have you tried turning the computer On?" question, but you are crouched when you attack, right? If it's just a sliver left, then hit them again before they recover, and next time, use a Power Attack. Regarless, the extra damage doesn't kick in unless you're 1) crouched, 2) undetected, and 3) using an appropriate weapon (Dagger for Assassin's Blade.) And finally, you can get the Shrouded Gloves/Handwraps to double your backstab damage (30x with Assassin's Blade) which really helps. For Enchantment, I stack as much Fortify 1H on as possible so the number multiplied is at it's maximum. Likewise, you can smith up to higher damage, but you shouldn't be unable to backstab Anything unless you aren't getting any multipliers to begin with. To be clear, you mean regular Bandits, Wolves, and Skeevers as well as tougher foes like Bosses, right? Yeah, try crouching.
im trying to crouch and im using dual daggers i can assassinate most low level people such as steel hand or regular bandits but im struggling with high level for example i was doing a quest from dark brotherhood where i had to assassinate hern the vampire but i found out i only did around maybe 1/4 damage?

im trying to crouch and im using dual daggers i can assassinate most low level people such as steel hand or regular bandits but im struggling with high level for example i was doing a quest from dark brotherhood where i had to assassinate hern the vampire but i found out i only did around maybe 1/4 damage?
What's your Level? When you Level Up, it makes the NPCs tougher, which is why I don't generally suggest Crafting for Assassins especially. Sure, it gives you more Damage, but with the extra Health, and Damage Resistance (NPCs don't really have Armor as such) you need it. If you keep your level low, but your damage high, then you can still 1 shot anything, and any extra damage is wasted. Also, what's the listed Damage value in your Weapons menu? What kind of weapon, and what Rank (Fine, Superior, Flawless...) of Smithing? The more data you give me, the more accurately I can troubleshoot.

What's your Level? When you Level Up, it makes the NPCs tougher, which is why I don't generally suggest Crafting for Assassins especially. Sure, it gives you more Damage, but with the extra Health, and Damage Resistance (NPCs don't really have Armor as such) you need it. If you keep your level low, but your damage high, then you can still 1 shot anything, and any extra damage is wasted. Also, what's the listed Damage value in your Weapons menu? What kind of weapon, and what level of Smithing/ The more data you give me, the more accurately I can troubleshoot.
level 44 level 100 stealth, level 27 smithing(dont smith much only smith gold rings to enchant so i can level up enchating faster) glass dagger damage 11 enchated for chance to paralze for 4 sec and my other dagger atm is orcish dagger damage 7

level 44 level 100 stealth, level 27 smithing(dont smith much only smith gold rings to enchant so i can level up enchating faster) glass dagger damage 11 enchated for chance to paralze for 4 sec and my other dagger atm is orcish dagger damage 7
Armsman, you should have a higher listed damage than 11, which is probably just the Smithing improvement.